cymbaline23

cymbaline23

May 1, 2024
As someone who's male, it feels like my life has no value. My value is entirely determined by the things I have and what I can provide. I believe it's men's fault things are like this, because we made the rules. Unfortunately, I don't think unconditional love exists. It seems like it's just transactional. I hate the nature of life, gender roles, and how everyone is limited to primal thinking. I hate not being able to do the things most other people can do because of whatever the hell is wrong with me. Sometimes I wish I could be normal, despite having no will or desire to conform to this system, despite everything and everyone being so inauthentic. I'm a loving person, and I would do anything in my ability for the ones I love, but I can hardly do shit. I'd like to feel loved, but I don't think that's possible, especially with who I am and my limitations. Just venting, I had to get this out. I couldn't stop thinking about it and I started feeling suicidal. And ik other people go through bad/worse things too, others feelings are valid too and I'm not trying to compete or take away from that. I hate seeing anyone in pain from how unfairly this world works.

• Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21, melancholymallory03, EvisceratedJester and 6 others
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Everyone lives a transactional existence! It is necessary to recognize your special skills and contributions to society. Help others if you hate to see people suffer and value kindness and rainbows. People don't just trade money in good faith; they also want things that are valuable to them. It's also fine to fake it until you make it. Try it out; it's fun! lol

Reactions: melancholymallory03, LaughingGoat and divinemistress36
cymbaline23

cymbaline23

May 1, 2024
Everyone lives a transactional existence! It is necessary to recognize your special skills and contributions to society. Help others if you hate to see people suffer and value kindness and rainbows. People don't just trade money in good faith; they also want things that are valuable to them. It's also fine to fake it until you make it. Try it out; it's fun! lol
I've been trying to fake it for a long time, I'm just tired of trying to wear a mask. I don't know if I have skills to contribute in any meaningful way. I'm a good listener and I care about people, but not much else. Without independence, it's hard to help in any other way. And It doesn't help that I'm socially inept

• Hugs
Reactions: melancholymallory03 and Little_Suzy
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
I've been trying to fake it for a long time, I'm just tired of trying to wear a mask. I don't know if I have skills to contribute in any meaningful way. I'm a good listener and I care about people, but not much else. Without independence, it's hard to help in any other way. And It doesn't help that I'm socially inept

You could become a Catholic priest or a tarot card reader. You only need to listen to people and tell them you care about them.

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
I can't say what skills you do or don't potentially have, but can say that there are tons of things you can do to help others without any particular skills. The desire and follow through to do so is a much greater contribution you could make through most typical jobs. There are all sorts of great work or volunteer opportunities such as food kitchens, social services for homeless and low-income people (includes things like helping in shelters or supplying food & clothes, doesn't require degrees/special skills), animal sanctuaries/shelters, etc.

Reactions: Little_Suzy