• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
It is not fair how society demands we do not end our lives while doing absolutely nothing to help vulnerable and mentally ill people to live dignified lives worth living. It's takes time, patience and lots of money to help and support even just 1 mentally ill person with their problems and needs but society along with the population doesn't want to commit to helping people long term or finding solutions. It's easy to demand Sanactioned Suicide be shut down or virtual signal on social media than to actually care, support and help someone long term.

● As I have written already therapy is inaccessible to the general public and just a luxury for the middle class and wealthy.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...e-no-idea-how-inaccessible-therapy-is.130946/

● Not everyone has caring friends or family they can talk or get help from too. Right now when I see Christmas adverts involving families celebrating I just feel so bad for the people who are lonely and dont have families seeing these adverts bombarded in thier faces daily.

The problem with society is society doesn't care about single people and those who do not have families. The world was never designed for singles it shows in everything. In flims and tv shows the characters are normally paired up or have a love interest as part of the plot line, in advertising products are geared towards couples or families during special occasions and in politics during election time government policies are focused on families and couples. There is no support service or even a government department dedicated to helping people who don't have families and are single. If you are single with no family then you are on your own.

● Mental illness is on a spectrum ranging from mild, moderate and severe. People on the severe end of the spectrum ie bipolar sufferers, treatment resistant depression, personality disorders will need more help and support to be able to manage their condition. This will cost money to implement programmes and care to support these people but the government doesn't want to invest in these services. There has been plenty of scientific research to back up evidence that medicinal cannabis does work to alievate mental and physical pain but in the UK medical cannabis is extremely difficult to get a prescription despite it being legal. British people have been forced to grow their own cannabis or buy drugs from the street as its impossible to get a prescription due to the bureaucracy and limits on who can have the drug.

The list is endless of society does nothing to actually help people with mental illness to live dignified lives worth living.

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
What country are you from?
@MoodyMoon UK in the past i have tried to access help under the NHS and struggled to get help afterwards I just gave up. 21 my depression started. I reached out for help. Family and friends didn't take me seriously and dismissed me, the NHS services in my area are just difficult to access.

I am 26 and plan to kill myself when I turn 30.

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Oh wow! I'm very sorry you didn't get heard enough! How much do a person need to scream to get noticed?! Sending prayers and loads of love your way ❤️❤️

MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Society rewards those who are resource creators . Mentally/physically ill people are rarely resource makers and so they get screwed a lot. They have to rely on safety nets like those provided by the government or your family, If those fail people are pretty much on their own.

February

February

A man with a wounded heart & a broken dream
Oct 1, 2023
I think this was very nicely said I couldn't agree more with what you were talking about and I would add/expand on the US side of things as well that countries like the US that do insurances or pay crazy amount of out of pocket prices also give you such a hard time and from my experience they were discriminatory depending on your insurance like certain insurances left you with shittier poorer quality doctors while better insurances gave you more options and coverage with a higher chance of a better doctors so they're not only punishing you for being poor but they're also punishing you for having the wrong insurance and its not like you know all this and so it's like you're testing all these insurances out just to find out from a doctor and not the insurance company mind you that it may not be your fault because when I have asked some of the doctors why they don't cover certain ones they went to say that they don't wanna go on certain insurances because they were given a much harder time to meet their requirements and criteria that they have to meet to get themselves set up on them and even if they did all that, they would not even get paid as much if not much less at times. So if the criteria is harder to get themselves into these insurance and the pays is less if not much less then is It any wonder why doctors don't want to go on certain insurances and if certain insurances are the only ones you can have because of being poor, live in a certain location, etc you're caught in a bind or a cycle of shitty doctors and bad insurances that don't cover you or cycle you through mostly worser quality doctors which leave you with exorbitant out of pocket prices which are usually also a hit or miss experience and also punish you if you're poor. If you're poor playing this out of pocket game like I am it's like playing high stakes gambling where you'll most likely loose your time and money in the process.

Last edited:
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
You just described me pretty well. Single, childless, 'family' that doesn't care if I live or die, disabled by torturous incurable illness, and about to be homeless. Yes, seeing all the Christmas ads and tv shows constantly reminds me of things I've never had and never will and how I'll be spending yet another holiday season by myself. I have a couple of friends but it's not the same as family and I don't have the energy to travel to see them anyway. My physical and mental health continue to decline. I've tried to get help but keep being turned away. It happened again this week and I wrote a post about it. I just want to not exist and have a way to peacefully exit but I know that'll never happen. I'm trying to put together a plan but it's not easy.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah- true. I was so naive. I only went to my GP once after seeing a college therapist and they prescribed me anti-depressants. I actually thought they would bother to ring me at the end of the course to- 1.) Check I was still alive and 2.) See if the medication had helped. It hadn't and I didn't bother going back.

Made me realise though that the days have passed since you had a local doctor who knew and cared about everyone in their care. This place was loathed to even add me but seeing I was about a 2 minute walk away, they had no choice. Not to knock the GP. She was really nice. Just makes me realise that 1.) They're absolutely snowed under- they simply don't have the resources to cope and 2.) So many people are on anti-depressants. It seems like the new normal! 1 in 3 people in my friend's workplace is on them. This world is so messed up.

But yeah- I agree. The UK can't even cope with physical illness! Hardly surprising it provides so little with mental health.

That's what I don't get with parents of children who have CTB though. They so often cite mental illness as the main cause- but then- they come after here. Why aren't they focusing on the (lack of) care their child got? Why aren't they campaigning for things that could actually help prevent youngsters feeling like this to begin with? Suicidal thoughts don't come out of nowhere! It's like failing to equip a train with brakes and trying to stop it when it's already going at 80mph. It won't work!!

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
It is thanks to the services (disappointing) of the NHS that I joined this forum - in essence.the forum has replaced NHS care for me. Stopped engaging with my GP stopped taking any of my medication and never attend A&E - neither the GP surgery, nor A&E were prepared to loom at my accessibility challenges inordwr to recieve treatment despite my disabilities etc. In essence, (without medication) I will end up dying sooner - thanks to the so called caring NHS.

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
not tomention that if you're honest and open about your thoughts and feeling as sucidal person - you'll most likely end in psych ward or worse :)
@L0nely Studying law has taught me 100% to never tell anyone about my suicidal thoughts. Deny, deny and deny is my policy.

I studied English law at university we learnt about negligence and duty of care. When an individual threatens suicide or expresses active suicidal ideation to a teacher, therapist or anyone in a position of authority or just an average citizen. The person who receives the suicide threat is under a duty of care to report it. If a suicidal person kills themselves and the person didn't report it or stop them they will find themselves in trouble with the law and found to be negligent. We read so crazy many cases of how a legal duty of care can be imposed on someone.
It is thanks to the services (disappointing) of the NHS that I joined this forum - in essence.the forum has replaced NHS care for me. Stopped engaging with my GP stopped taking any of my medication and never attend A&E - neither the GP surgery, nor A&E were prepared to loom at my accessibility challenges inordwr to recieve treatment despite my disabilities etc. In essence, (without medication) I will end up dying sooner - thanks to the so called caring NHS.
@Kit1 I ended up on this forum because whenever I reached out for help when I was depressed in my early 20s nobody wanted to listen nor took me seriously and getting help from the NHS was impossible so I just gave up. I am 26 and plan to kill myself at 30. I really did want to live and now I am done fighting.

●First I reached out to university friends in my law class. They stopped talking to me and hanging out with me at university the minute I mentioned I was suicidal. I was always there for my friends.

● Then I tried to get help for my depression on the NHS in 2019. NHS never got back to me and I then found out the waiting list for times at the time is 10 months in my area. Getting on the list is even difficult in itself so i just gave up.

● I found an online depression support community and I got cruelly builled out of the community during my most lowest point in my life. The moderator and all the users ganged up on me just because I simply said I wished I died from covid19 and felt like I didn't deserve to be alive in the pandemic.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: L0nely and Kit1
dangero

dangero

May 1, 2023
@L0nely The person who receives the suicide threat is under a duty of care to report it. If a suicidal person kills themselves and the person didn't report it or stop them they will find themselves in trouble with the law and found to be negligent. We read so crazy many cases of how a legal duty of care can be imposed on someone.
In Poland I told a psychiatrist who is also a therapist many times that I would most like to commit suicide. I told him that I had various plans, described in detail how I could do it, that I was thinking about it.

I don't think he signed me up anywhere, I wasn't in a psychiatric hospital. He is not the only psychiatrist who prescribed only medication for this.

Although perhaps it depends on the psychiatrist and I should stop telling them about it.

Reactions: Kit1
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Yeah- true. I was so naive. I only went to my GP once after seeing a college therapist and they prescribed me anti-depressants. I actually thought they would bother to ring me at the end of the course to- 1.) Check I was still alive and 2.) See if the medication had helped. It hadn't and I didn't bother going back.

Made me realise though that the days have passed since you had a local doctor who knew and cared about everyone in their care. This place was loathed to even add me but seeing I was about a 2 minute walk away, they had no choice. Not to knock the GP. She was really nice. Just makes me realise that 1.) They're absolutely snowed under- they simply don't have the resources to cope and 2.) So many people are on anti-depressants. It seems like the new normal! 1 in 3 people in my friend's workplace is on them. This world is so messed up.

But yeah- I agree. The UK can't even cope with physical illness! Hardly surprising it provides so little with mental health.

That's what I don't get with parents of children who have CTB though. They so often cite mental illness as the main cause- but then- they come after here. Why aren't they focusing on the (lack of) care their child got? Why aren't they campaigning for things that could actually help prevent youngsters feeling like this to begin with? Suicidal thoughts don't come out of nowhere! It's like failing to equip a train with brakes and trying to stop it when it's already going at 80mph. It won't work!!
@Forever Sleep Covid has now overstretched the NHS even further. During the lockdowns the NHS cancelled all its services and after lockdown ended it created an enormous backlog of cases. Millions of British people now face a long wait for treatment.

No offence but the parents who lost thier kids to suicide are the same parents who never took seriously their own kids whenever their kids reached out to them. By the time they realised something was wrong with thier kids it was too late.

Too many parents believe they are good parents who think they know thier kids. In families many parents are in denial or don't care about their children's mental health until its too late.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
@L0nely Studying law has taught me 100% to never tell anyone about my suicidal thoughts. Deny, deny and deny is my policy.

I studied English law at university we learnt about negligence and duty of care. When an individual threatens suicide or expresses active suicidal ideation to a teacher, therapist or anyone in a position of authority or just an average citizen. The person who receives the suicide threat is under a duty of care to report it. If a suicidal person kills themselves and the person didn't report it or stop them they will find themselves in trouble with the law and found to be negligent. We read so crazy many cases of how a legal duty of care can be imposed on someone.

@Kit1 I ended up on this forum because whenever I reached out for help when I was depressed in my early 20s nobody wanted to listen nor took me seriously and getting help from the NHS was impossible so I just gave up. I am 26 and plan to kill myself at 30. I really did want to live and now I am done fighting.

●First I reached out to university friends in my law class. They stopped talking to me and hanging out with me at university the minute I mentioned I was suicidal. I was always there for my friends.

● Then I tried to get help for my depression on the NHS in 2019. NHS never got back to me and I then found out the waiting list for times at the time is 10 months in my area. Getting on the list is even difficult in itself so i just gave up.

● I found an online depression support community and I got cruelly builled out of the community during my most lowest point in my life. The moderator and all the users ganged up on me just because I simply said I wished I died from covid19 and felt like I didn't deserve to be alive in the pandemic.
Samaritans are not bound to report people who have planned to end their lives unless they believe another vulnerable.person is at risk.
Services are overstretched in the UK and they don't have enough beds for anything. Unless you clearly state a plan to end your life, a date etc - it is highly unlikely that someone will end up in a psychiatric hospital. Also to section someone in the UK, the medics have to sign off stating that we are not competent in making a decision. With the lack of hospital beds and long waiting lists, they are cutting down the waiting list by just ignoring the most vulnerable - and we will end up dying earlier dus to disabilities, neurodivergence, MH etc (guess that is one way of dealing with the NHS problems) and can also save money on not having to pay pensions in later life!
Services are overstretched in the UK and they don't have enough beds for anything. Unless you clearly state a plan to end your life, a date etc - it is highly unlikely that someone will end up in a psychiatric hospital. Also to section someone in the UK, the medics have to sign off stating that we are not competent in making a decision. With the lack of hospital beds and long waiting lists, they are cutting down the waiting list by just ignoring the most vulnerable - and we will end up dying earlier dus to disabilities, neurodivergence, MH etc (guess that is one way of dealing with the NHS problems) and can also save money on not having to pay pensions in later life!

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I don't know why so many people bless the NHS.

I have had plenty of treatment from and private and it just doesn't work anyway.

Extra time sitting with someone writing gratitude journals or making harm prevention plans is pointless.

There is just not anyone can do for mental health issues other than pump people full of pills and tell you to go for a walk.

I think the main issue is far too many people expect miracles, then blame family, friends and the NHS. The reality is we cannot really be helped.

• Yay!
Reactions: Little_Suzy
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Well said. Society doesn't care about us at all; they just want us to be obedient little wage slaves to serve the elite

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't know why so many people bless the NHS.

I have had plenty of treatment from and private and it just doesn't work anyway.

Extra time sitting with someone writing gratitude journals or making harm prevention plans is pointless.

There is just not anyone can do for mental health issues other than pump people full of pills and tell you to go for a walk.

I think the main issue is far too many people expect miracles, then blame family, friends and the NHS. The reality is we cannot really be helped.

Hmm, maybe but I'd prefer them to spend the money on providing services to people who want them- that might help rather than launching anti suicide campaigns and trying to take down websites like this. Some people come here partly for the support network. They shouldn't be trying to take away support networks without providing others. And not ones which just dole out empty platitudes. People need support that actually listens to them and tries to solve their problems. True- there is a finite amount of money. All the more reason to spend it wisely- surely?

As for mental health- I don't know. Are really no treatments effective? Maybe some people are treatment resistant. It seems like a lot of it is trial and error- which is far less than ideal. I just don't know but- to provide next to nothing doesn't seem like a good thing. Especially to people who are crying out for help.

I think it was @TAW122 who said more or less- stop trying to 'save' people who don't want to be saved. People who would be willing to prove they are of sound mind but none the less want to die. (Like me.) Instead- put all that money you spend on suicide prevention towards people who are asking/begging you for help!

Reactions: TAW122
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I'm not saying don't do anything, I'm just saying there is not a lot they can really do, people need to manage their expectations.

Even if there was no waiting list, I'd hazard a guess that sitting with a therapist writing down your thoughts and feelings is not going to be as life changing as people expect.

Reactions: BlazingBob
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
You just described me pretty well. Single, childless, 'family' that doesn't care if I live or die, disabled by torturous incurable illness, and about to be homeless. Yes, seeing all the Christmas ads and tv shows constantly reminds me of things I've never had and never will and how I'll be spending yet another holiday season by myself. I have a couple of friends but it's not the same as family and I don't have the energy to travel to see them anyway. My physical and mental health continue to decline. I've tried to get help but keep being turned away. It happened again this week and I wrote a post about it. I just want to not exist and have a way to peacefully exit but I know that'll never happen. I'm trying to put together a plan but it's not easy.
@BlazingBob Recently in Northern Ireland they made a sweet Christmas advert about a lonely old man who ends up finding friends and happiness. I really think more Christmas adverts should be tailored to focus to acknowledge lonely people in society. This Northern Ireland Christmas advert got it right.

It is disgusting how society overall does not care about single people with no families or partners. Single lives matter too just because we don't have romantic partners or families it does not make us any less of a human being. We are a still human worthy of dignity

A couple of months ago I turned 26 I have been severely depressed over being single while other women my age who I grew up are getting married or having babies with their boyfriends. I never had a boyfriend due guys always rejecting me. I am still a virgin. I posted on a reddit thread on r/twoxchromosomes. A sub community for women.

None of the thousands of women who were active on that r/twoxchromosomes didn't even respond to my posts however every time when a woman posts about how terrible her boyfriend or husband is it gets over a thousand likes and so many responses and so much support. Another time I posted about how I can't cope anymore with the years of make rejection I have experienced. The women on the sub pretty much looked down upon me for wanting a loving relationship with a man and told me how being single woman is cool. In real life, on reddit women and other online spaces for women always tell me I am "lucky".

Society can go fuck itself

• Hugs
Reactions: thx1138
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I'm not saying don't do anything, I'm just saying there is not a lot they can really do, people need to manage their expectations.

Even if there was no waiting list, I'd hazard a guess that sitting with a therapist writing down your thoughts and feelings is not going to be as life changing as people expect.
You're right. It's not. In my case, no amount of therapy is going to change the underlying issues. It might, key word being might, help change my perspective and cope a little better but they're not miracle workers. I'll still be too sick to make a living and pull my own weight. Even perfectly healthy people are having a rough time with that these days. I don't want the government's help. I just want them to get out of the way and not prevent me from accessing what I need to make a peaceful exit (i e., phenobarbital) and not throw me in a cage for trying.

Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Will I die too soon or live too long?
Oct 23, 2023
Eventually, someone is going to change this. But I don't think it's going to be within this century - it takes a long time to change how society thinks

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Hmm, maybe but I'd prefer them to spend the money on providing services to people who want them- that might help rather than launching anti suicide campaigns and trying to take down websites like this. Some people come here partly for the support network. They shouldn't be trying to take away support networks without providing others. And not ones which just dole out empty platitudes. People need support that actually listens to them and tries to solve their problems. True- there is a finite amount of money. All the more reason to spend it wisely- surely?

As for mental health- I don't know. Are really no treatments effective? Maybe some people are treatment resistant. It seems like a lot of it is trial and error- which is far less than ideal. I just don't know but- to provide next to nothing doesn't seem like a good thing. Especially to people who are crying out for help.

I think it was @TAW122 who said more or less- stop trying to 'save' people who don't want to be saved. People who would be willing to prove they are of sound mind but none the less want to die. (Like me.) Instead- put all that money you spend on suicide prevention towards people who are asking/begging you for help!
Good points and yes, I do recall mentioning about how government and mental health professionals waste a lot of money in trying to save those who don't want to be saved. Furthermore, there is also additional trauma towards those who don't want to be saved, but are saved instead and forced to suffer indefinitely. It is incredibly arrogant, audacious, and presumptuous for pro-lifers to presume that people who are saved will no longer go on to (or even attempt to) CTB later on (confirmation bias on the pro-lifers' part). What they did not consider are the people who did end up feeling more suicidal due to intervention or those who end up being pushed over the edge from paternalistic and authoritarian practices.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep