PureMetanoia

PureMetanoia

May 28, 2020
Have you considered the life of your social media profiles after you CtB? Would you rather leave your Facebook/Insta/ect as a digital "shrine" of sorts for those touched by your departure to visit in hopes it will diminish their anguish or rather you don't want to be frozen in time/remembered through a vignette such as social media?

Personally, as I inch closer and closer to being ready for my departure, I have been "tying loose ends" - as in, erasing myself from the everyday life of my close friends and the field of view of acquaintances in an effort to have everyone experience my disappearance while I am still alive, thus blame me and not some ephemeral entity such as sickness or God for losing their buddy - which also means I have deactivated FB/Insta/Twitter; however now that I am not only at the bus stop, but almost in the bus - I am thinking of reopening them to give interested people a way to mourn. Any thoughts? I'm pretty torn over it...

Anyway, have a good day and I hope to hear from ya ;3

• Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, it's_all_a_game, lobster salad and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Don't use them, don't even care about how I'm remembered by first degree relatives IRL, lol.

Reactions: Shotgunjohn, Rockman, landojustwannactb and 6 others
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I don't use FAKEBOOK or Twatter or any of those hateful unsocial media platforms! Stuff the lot of them!

• Yay!
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Lost Magic, FuneralCry and 6 others
V

virginiawoolf

Feb 7, 2021
it might be nice for them to have a memento

Reactions: landojustwannactb and lobster salad
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
I've never used social media aside from reddit and that account is already deleted. The best thing about the internet for me is being anonymous, I would never ever use my real name anywhere - that's just weird.

Reactions: FuneralCry, demuic, Tree frog and 3 others
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I have no social media accounts

Reactions: FuneralCry, it's_all_a_game, demuic and 3 others
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
Wouldnt actually do this but leaving a post like

'Dont come out of the woodworks now, don't post condolences, don't act like you knew me just because I'm dead.
Even if we we to school/college/uni together, doesn't mean you knew me'

'thnx. k. Bye lol xox'

Don't have any bad blood with anyone, and honestly don't think anyone has any with me. But fml, i cringe so hard seeing people who post about somebody they 'knew' when in fact they didn't.

Reactions: lobster salad
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
I like how it host most people here are abstaining from social media, it's vile.

I also use no social media, and if my family were to mourn me on it i guess i won't be around to be angry about it anymore.

Reactions: Shotgunjohn, FuneralCry, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 1 other person
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I fucking hate social media but need it for my failed attempt at working, I would go through and delete everything I don't want found first, as I know my husband would log in and read everything! He wouldn't give a toss about privacy, then I would deactivate them. I don't post much personal stuff if anything anyway, so not worried about public stuff being seen, its more PMs etc

M Berry M

M Berry M

Slutty and suicidal
May 9, 2021
i think i would keep things up as i don't use them much to begin with

Reactions: saltshaker
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
My FB account will be my only legacy. I wonder if I'll get some retroactive likes. Everybody likes a dead person more than a living one.

Reactions: lobster salad, TheLomboq, landojustwannactb and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't have any accounts. I have a strong dislike to all of those websites, I'm glad others see the same way. They are just toxic, people get offended over everything. I like having an anonymous presence on the internet.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, landojustwannactb and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
landojustwannactb

landojustwannactb

Apr 29, 2021
I fucking hate social media but need it for my failed attempt at working, I would go through and delete everything I don't want found first, as I know my husband would log in and read everything! He wouldn't give a toss about privacy, then I would deactivate them. I don't post much personal stuff if anything anyway, so not worried about public stuff being seen, its more PMs etc
Youre hiding something

• Hmph!
Reactions: saltshaker
TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
I'm on social media. I dont really communicate much outside of it. Im in a few mental health and suicide support groups on facebook, lots of friendly and supportive members there but of course you cant be blunt like you can over here. I may delete them all before the end.

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and lobster salad
J

Jiroscope

Apr 8, 2021
I've debated this for a long time, but I still haven't reached a conclusion. Do I leave a post explaining why? On one hand, fuck everyone. On the other hand, it might be nice for people who might care to have an explanation.

• Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and lobster salad