brokenwaves

brokenwaves

i need to cross a border that’s hard to define
Feb 19, 2021
i have a few online friends on twitter, i think i should leave some sort of note goodbye when i ctb. i'm just paranoid about maybe somebody sees it and reports it and twitter takes it down before people can see it, does anybody here have any social media posts planned for when they ctb? is there somewhere i could post a note that i could share the link to that won't be deleted?

• Hugs
Reactions: Dear Agony, Alec and it's_all_a_game
B

boc

Experienced
May 19, 2021
I think your best bet is delayed e-mails. I don't think posting on social media would be a wise-decision. Partly due to them being deleted, but also you likely won't be able to create a delayed post for after you CTB. This would then increase the risk of being 'saved'.

Reactions: brokenwaves
brokenwaves

brokenwaves

i need to cross a border that’s hard to define
Feb 19, 2021
I think your best bet is delayed e-mails. I don't think posting on social media would be a wise-decision. Partly due to them being deleted, but also you likely won't be able to create a delayed post for after you CTB. This would then increase the risk of being 'saved'.
yeah I plan to send an email to my closest friend, and a physical letter for family. but for twitter friends i don't have the email addresses/other contact methods. i was planning to post at last minute so wouldn't influence me being "saved" i don't think. but yes i think the risk of it being deleted would always be there unfortunately

B

boc

Experienced
May 19, 2021
yeah I plan to send an email to my closest friend, and a physical letter for family. but for twitter friends i don't have the email addresses/other contact methods. i was planning to post at last minute so wouldn't influence me being "saved" i don't think. but yes i think the risk of it being deleted would always be there unfortunately
If they are close friends, I would just ask for their e-mails / contact info in advance of the act itself and stick to delayed emails. Especially if they are public posts, 100% someone is going to contact the police and then your time is ticking.

Reactions: grail and brokenwaves
I

innocent21

Sep 11, 2020
Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are notorious for deleting people's accounts after they've died. If a person can simply claim to be a relative of a dead person just to get their account deleted, then in theory any hater, bully, troll or cancel culture mob could also pretend to be your family to get your account banned after your death.

SuicidalAgain

SuicidalAgain

Dummy
Sep 9, 2020
If you don't want to ask for their emails, you could ask your closest friend in the delayed e-mail to pass the message to the twitter accounts.

When I was younger and dumber I posted a social media note and got "rescued" because my friends contacted my family right away.

Reactions: brokenwaves
qwertylmno

qwertylmno

nine millimeter on the side swing it if you like
Jun 10, 2021
Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are notorious for deleting people's accounts after they've died.
i think facebook actually memorializes your page. if people click on it, they know you're dead

Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking of just posting a last picture with a caption like "going home, if you know what I mean" or something like that lol. If you mention the word "suicide" or "dying" it'll 100% be taken down.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Meditation guide and brokenwaves
qwertylmno

qwertylmno

nine millimeter on the side swing it if you like
Jun 10, 2021
I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking of just posting a last picture with a caption like "going home, if you know what I mean" or something like that lol. If you mention the word "suicide" or "dying" it'll 100% be taken down.
hit em with an "oopsies"

• Yay!
Reactions: brokenwaves, Dear Agony and SuicidalAgain
grail

grail

Jun 25, 2021
I'm just going to DM the person I'm closest with online to assure it's not his fault, and leave a note for parents, probably sticking out from under the Bible on my bedside and they'll find it eventually. i don't have social media :\

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Meditation guide and brokenwaves