Abyssal

Abyssal

Over emotional, can’t handle criticm
Nov 26, 2023
The neutral state of my existence is emptiness. Do healthy people feel happy or do they simply feel like me and can handle it? Where did I go wrong?

• Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21, EmptyHeaded, sserafim and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I also feel empty. I don't understand how people can find life fulfilling or meaningful. I think that things would only get worse if I got a job and started supporting myself like my parents want me to. I would lose all of my free time. I don't want to enter the capitalist rat race and work away my life until I die. I don't want to become a slave to the system. I don't want my life to be an endless grind. My life is fine now and I don't want any added stress and responsibilities. Life itself is also just kind of boring, I guess. I don't see anything inherently meaningful about life

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Abyssal, EmptyHeaded, divinemistress36 and 2 others
M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
I am
Not a normal or healthy person, so I can't speak for them- but I can say I feel the same.

I don't think either of us went wrong anywhere. Unfortunately, brain chemistry is a bitch.

Reactions: divinemistress36
EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
The neutral state of my existence is emptiness. Do healthy people feel happy or do they simply feel like me and can handle it? Where did I go wrong?
As with most things, it depends on the person. Most people feel "neutral" for most of the time. Not happy, not unhappy. Just neutral. Happiness is just a temporary feeling, and neutrality follows it shortly after.
As for feeling empty, that's often a symptom of some (mental) illness and not a very widespread feeling among the general population.

Reactions: fkyou and divinemistress36