• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TastySorrow

TastySorrow

May 18, 2020
For many years I've been convinced my method was the exit bag, since I'm a welder and I'm familiar with manipulation of Argon and other inert gases. That's only until I reached this site, where I started reading about failed attempts every single time I come back to check the forums. It makes me feel like I'm not in control anymore.

I reckon SN has a decent success rate as well, but the logistics I find to be a bit complicated. I can get SN easily, but antiemetics are all under prescription where I live. regarding benzos... to people around me, I've always been a "mentally healthy" person who's never been to therapy and shit. I haven't had routine checks for almost 15 years nor obviously haven't I ever talked to anybody about any treatment of whatever like normal people do lol, so a sudden visit to the doctor to get a prescription for benzos would raise an eyebrow here and there.

This, again, was only until some time ago, when my wife told me in a casual breakfast talk, that her mother is able to get meto without prescription. I don't know how I managed to hide my excitement, but as calmly as I could, I suggested she could get me some for my usual migraines and the nausea they sometimes cause.

My question is, would I be able to get away with doing SN without benzos? I'd be using meto + antacid + ibuprofen which is usually better than paracetamol for my migraines. How important are benzos really for CTB with SN?

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
They're not vital, but helpful at making the process smoother.
You're probably about to get a lot of links with offers of barbs, benzos, designer drugs etc. Please be cautious, as there are scammers who watch this forum for people looking for substances.

Reactions: infinitelove, MiseryLovesMyCompany and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Benzos are optional, you don't need to use them. Just SN would easily be enough to kill you. The meds are just meant to make the process easier. I'll be going with ibu+meto+antacid and the SN and that's more than enough to peacefully ctb. Hope everything goes well for you! :hug::hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Metalhead, infinitelove and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I had to check your profile after reading this because I couldn't work out why you'd want to.

Nicebuddimtim

Nicebuddimtim

Ghost
Jun 28, 2020
I considered hanging for a very long time easy access and almost certain success but I just don't want my family to find me like that. I did some research on SN and I ordered what I need a few days ago. For some weird reason I feel almost excited about doing it because it's so simple and I'm so ready to do it.

Reactions: Metalhead and TripleA
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
For many years I've been convinced my method was the exit bag, since I'm a welder and I'm familiar with manipulation of Argon and other inert gases. That's only until I reached this site, where I started reading about failed attempts every single time I come back to check the forums. It makes me feel like I'm not in control anymore.

I reckon SN has a decent success rate as well, but the logistics I find to be a bit complicated. I can get SN easily, but antiemetics are all under prescription where I live. regarding benzos... to people around me, I've always been a "mentally healthy" person who's never been to therapy and shit. I haven't had routine checks for almost 15 years nor obviously haven't I ever talked to anybody about any treatment of whatever like normal people do lol, so a sudden visit to the doctor to get a prescription for benzos would raise an eyebrow here and there.

This, again, was only until some time ago, when my wife told me in a casual breakfast talk, that her mother is able to get meto without prescription. I don't know how I managed to hide my excitement, but as calmly as I could, I suggested she could get me some for my usual migraines and the nausea they sometimes cause.

My question is, would I be able to get away with doing SN without benzos? I'd be using meto + antacid + ibuprofen which is usually better than paracetamol for my migraines. How important are benzos really for CTB with SN?

Same problem here. I have an exit bag kit set-up, but after I've read about failures with this method, I'm not sure anymore. so I have SN ready (still not tested) and Exit bag.
I don't have any benzos as it looks like they don't make much difference. people do vomit with or without them. I think having a back up dose is much more important.
So my SN plan is : antacid + ibuprofen + 25g SN (+2x25 SN back doses) + I will probably take some lyrica or tramadol to supress SI

Reactions: Metalhead
MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
I don't have any benzos as it looks like they don't make much difference. people do vomit with or without them.
Did you mean antiemetics, right?
Those are against vomiting (and to possibly make the process faster)

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Benzos are not important at all to SN. I'm curious as to where you read that they're recommended as part of the regimen.

Reactions: MiseryLovesMyCompany
TastySorrow

TastySorrow

May 18, 2020
You're probably about to get a lot of links with offers of barbs, benzos, designer drugs etc. Please be cautious, as there are scammers who watch this forum for people looking for substances.

Thanks very much for the heads up.

I had to check your profile after reading this because I couldn't work out why you'd want to.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty new to the site and, as extremely paranoid as I am, I'm struggling with opening up on this site, since I'm sure some people I know probably read or even participate on SS but are not honest about it just like me. I'm afraid they could put the pieces together and figure out it's me if I go super specific about myself. Thanks for caring tho.

Benzos are not important at all to SN. I'm curious as to where you read that they're recommended as part of the regimen.

I didn't read they're vital to the process anywhere, but they're mentioned especially on the official SN thread here at SS. The site is overwhelmingly saturated with SN threads so I thought I'd just make a new one and also kind of vent my frustration with exit bag...

To everybody else, thanks so much for your input. Looks like I might be able to do SN or at least have it as a backup in case I fail at inert gas, or maybe the other way around since SN seems to be safer to fail and I might get away with nobody finding out about it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: infinitelove, LonelyNick, Soul and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I didn't read they're vital to the process anywhere, but they're mentioned especially on the official SN thread here at SS.

Did you mean the SN megathread? If yes people say a lot of things on that thread, ask a lot of questions, but just because someone says something there doesn't mean it's official.

I'm not trying to poke at you. I ask for quotes because on the forum, one person will say something in an authoritative-sounding way, and soon after, it's all over the forum that benzos are required, or meto is required. Someone will say "I've read several accounts of vomiting being a primary cause of SN failure," when there have been only two accounts out of two dozen; the major cause of not dying from SN is medical intervention, about 75% of anecdotal reports; two out of 24 is less than 10%. So saying that you read on an official thread that benzos are recommended isn't really accurate nor the whole story, and that gets taken at face value and then folks who have been here for a while and have really studied up on the method have to either let misinformation go around the forum or do the clean-up work. Nothing at all against you, it just gets old, misinformation is exhausting and irritating to deal with, and it's not cool for anyone to spread things that they aren't willing or able to back up with direct quotes, links, etc. I don't mean to embarrass or shame you, it's that this kind of stuff has a wide impact and it matters. It even matters to lurkers who get information from the site and don't join.

Much respect.

• Love
Reactions: checkouttime, Shiv15, Deleted member 19654 and 1 other person
TastySorrow

TastySorrow

May 18, 2020
I understand. Just for the record, I guess, I wasn't basing myself on other than OP's posts on the SN megathread. What I asked on benzos was just a legitimate doubt originated just from the sole fact that they are mentioned there. Hell, I haven't even stated they were vital or anything like that on this thread. I get you seem kinda overwhelmed about misinformation spread, but it was not my intention to do so, nor is it for the majority of people who ask legitimately, I assume.

Respect.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I understand. Just for the record, I guess, I wasn't basing myself on other than OP's posts on the SN megathread. What I asked on benzos was just a legitimate doubt originated just from the sole fact that they are mentioned there. Hell, I haven't even stated they were vital or anything like that on this thread. I get you seem kinda overwhelmed about misinformation spread, but it was not my intention to do so, nor is it for the majority of people who ask legitimately, I assume.

Respect.

Sincerely, thank you for clarifying, and thank you for your understanding.

What threw up a red flag for me is that two members in one day have brought up benzos being mentioned on the forum as recommended for the the regimen. Here is the other comment:

Ye, im slowly gathering everything i need for SN. Feels like the better way to go. I dont want to give false information here, but i read on the SN megathread its a good idea to take benzos too, and maybe partial hanging.

It's been my experience that when people don't quote the reference, just say that's what they read, then a kind of wildfire quickly gets started on the forum, as I mentioned with vomiting. In the case of vomiting, no one was providing quotes when asked for evidence of their claims and concerns, so I went through all of the reported failures, even posted to request if I'd missed any, and posted a thread with the evidence of it being only two cases of many. I did my due diligence to prove my opposing point of view and also keep myself in check should I have been in error. I don't take any credit for the change, but it's no longer "a thing" on the forum to make this claim about vomiting. Forgive me if I seem overly concerned that benzos being recommended for the regimen is also becoming "a thing."

I asked for quotes from both you and the other member but none have been forthcoming, so I'll go ahead and search the SN megathread for mentions of benzos and post the results here. I may be in error about benzo recommendations and I'll admit that if I am; if it's not really a recommendation on the megathread, then at least I can say that with confidence. I don't want to be the cause of spreading information myself, and I'm willing to admit when I've been wrong. :)
So, yes, the OP of the SN Megathread, @Azure, made the recommendation for benzos several times on that thread in 2018, here are the search results:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/search/424781/?q=benzos&t=post&c[thread]=1156&c[users]=azure&o=date

@Azure said s/he was going to take benzos to fall asleep faster, and recommended others do the same.

Since 2018, there have been enough anecdotal reports of SN to show that falling asleep doesn't happen, losing consciousness happens as a result of the SN, between 8 minutes to one hour after ingestion, with an average of around 20 mintues I believe (one would need to go through all the anecdotes to confirm that average, though).

I would recommend if anyone is considering benzos as something needed for the regimen, to read the SN Resource Page that's linked in the pinned Suicide Resource Compilation, and also read the SN successes and failures thread for anecdotal reports of having taken benzos. Since I've been on the forum, the consensus has been that they are a personal choice and may help to calm one's nerves, but they won't speed up loss of consciousness.

Hope this helps you or someone else. I know there are a lot of threads about the method, and a lot of information to sort through and take in so that one can make the most informed personal decision they can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shiv15 and Robyn
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Personally i don't believe many of the 'failures'. nearly all have not followed the correct protocol, or have just been 'testing ' the SN. if you don't take the correct amount or you ring for an ambulance etc. that doesn't count as a failure in my books, you have just not done something how we are told to. so people shouldn't be surprised about it not working. you can't go about saying oh i failed, when you make decision to not do something how its described to be done.

If you make the decision to not do it right, you have already made the decision you don't want it to work, i guess that can be seen as a 'cry for help' its not a failure though. if you don't follow the process correctly ie take the right amounted it where you won't get found, don't attempt to get help it isn't going to work(highly unlikely anyway) if you took the right amount, aren't found, don't try and get help. i'm pretty certain you won't be around to tell everyone how you failed.

• Love
franklynlb

franklynlb

Oct 13, 2020
I would recommend if anyone is considering benzos as something needed for the regimen, to read the SN Resource Page that's linked in the pinned Suicide Resource Compilation, and also read the SN successes and failures thread for anecdotal reports of having taken benzos. Since I've been on the forum, the consensus has been that they are a personal choice and may help to calm one's nerves, but they won't speed up loss of consciousness.

Hope this helps you or someone else. I know there are a lot of threads about the method, and a lot of information to sort through and take in so that one can make the most informed personal decision they can. [/SPOILER]

Sorry, i just logged back in and saw your message,, and yes, you are right, i actually tried fidning th sn megathread ive talked about before, and not only i couldn't find the benzo info i said, i also couldn't find the sn megathread again. So i apologized for giving unchecked information.

• Hugs
enzyetee

enzyetee

Mar 21, 2019
Was considering this when the seller from an online site pulled it out... I messaged them and said it's now only available at their physical store which is so far :'(