GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I have to lay the whole floor today.

Furniture arrives on tuesday and by wednesday I have to move in. If I'm not done by then, I'll probably have to life in a half-finished apartment.

But I'm so tired I can barely get up from the chair. Even typing this feels like an effort. It feels like I'm breaking apart. Don't know how I'll do this.
U got dis, get some calories and caffeine in you. Nothing wrong with laying half/a quarter of it and cramming your stuff in that part (or in some storage unit) and finishing it later, no?

Reactions: Makko and Bedrock48
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
You've done so well already, just think about how amazing it'll be once it's finished. It'll be a hell of an accomplishment you can be proud of. Then you can relax and take as long of a break as you need, doing stuff to make you feel well.
As genes said, get some hearty food into you and a little caffeine won't hurt. Good luck!

Reactions: Makko
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Just think, once you're done you can get back to billing.

Reactions: Makko
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I moved in today.

Floor still only half done. hall only partially painted and kitchen not painted at all. Disassembled furniture everywhere. Good thing I got the bed assembled at least so that I don't have to sleep on a debris-covered floor. Polishing dust not all cleaned up yet and I'm feeling it tickle my thoat. The biggest travesty however is that the stove is gas and I forgot to get a stove lighter, so I can't even make tea.

• Love
Reactions: Bedrock48 and virginiawoolf
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Had a familiar contractor over to help me change the bathroom sink, cabinets, better install the washing machine and other misc bathroom things. If there's anything you can't tamper with on your own, it's water pipes and electricity. If you don't do it professionally, which you won't if you're not a professional, there will be flooding and power outages everywhere and you'll be the one paying.

Floor still only about 3/4 done. There's not really that much work left but I come home exhausted every day and can't do anything but flop on the bed and stare at the chaos around me.

Reactions: signifying nothing
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Three months later: floor still unfinished.

I'm taking a vacation next week just for this.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Did almost the whole kitchen floor today. Sore and bruised all over. It feels like someone beat me up. I'm getting to realise why the only ones working with this are burly men even though most of the tasks don't seem that effortful. You need to pull and push and notch the floorboards with a lot of strength and precision to make the floor actually fit together and look good. Then my lungs are full of wood from sawing the boards, I put on a mask but I must have put it on wrong. How do people even do this

Monday tomorrow and I feel like I worked for a whole week already.

P.S. that vacation? Did nothing on it.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, destiny and Lmd
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
How long will take to finish it all? If this doesn't link you to the house on an emotional level, I don't know what will.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
How long will take to finish it all? If this doesn't link you to the house on an emotional level, I don't know what will.
I'm about 70 % finished. Maybe another 3 or 4 dedicated days and I'm done. I'll have to space them out though because I can't do this multipele days in a row. My boss also offered help again with the last part of the floors, where you have to saw the planks length-wise (a lot of work).

I'm not feeling too attached actually, planning to sell this in about a year or so and see how much my angry paintning and carpenting affected the price.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Mendex, destiny and 1 other person
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
The floor is done. THE FLOOR IS DONE AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, OnlyTheWind, Lmd and 2 others
Mendex

Mendex

The Sleep of reason produces monsters
Jan 9, 2021
done-tired.gif

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, OnlyTheWind, Makko and 1 other person
Fakereality

Fakereality

Student
Aug 4, 2021
An ambitious project done in order to push one self to limits.
Manga shonen protagonists will be proud.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Makko
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I think I overexerted myself because I woke up with a cold and soreness all over.

That's what happens when you do things.

Don't be like me. Don't do things.

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
But you don't earn money doing nothing...

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I think I overexerted myself because I woke up with a cold and soreness all over.
Catbois are coming to massage and cuddle u.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Lmd