• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
After that disastrous meeting with the doctor, I even made a complaint and properly got a response. That's unheard of for me, I always avoid any kind of conflict.
Proud of you CH!
So, we had that second meeting with the doctor. Only her, me and my amazing nurse. I got to say everything I wanted to say. Since there was no time pressure, the doctor listened and gave actual feedback. She agreed to discharge me tomorrow after lunch and that's it. I'm so relieved! Funny how people's behaviour changes when they know they can't get away with their bullshit anymore.
Indeed. It appears an advocate was what you need so they couldn't gas-light you, as they often have a tendency to do. Good move.
Oh, and my psychologist offered to see me twice a week for a while after I get discharged, which is awesome. I'm actually very happy about that, because she is definitely my rock during this storm.
Even better news.
At least I'm getting out tomorrow. Perhaps the hospitalisation was exactly what I needed after all. First time I actually think that. I wonder if the secret ingredient was to go unwillingly. Then again, I knew it was going to happen and could have weaselled my way out of it if I truly wanted.
A rare story. It so often doesn't pan out like that for many, but it appears that it may have ben exactly what you needed and was gone about (eventually) in exactly the right way.

That should be held up as an example of how it SHOULD work. I'd be tempted to make sure that nurse gets a shining review. You could even write to the chief exec praising her if you wanted to.
What a journey.
:hug::hug::hug:

• Love
Reactions: CuddleHug
CuddleHug

CuddleHug

Back, but with less enthusiasm. Hugs~
Feb 22, 2020
I'd be tempted to make sure that nurse gets a shining review. You could even write to the chief exec praising her if you wanted to.
I actually did that one of my previous times here. I wrote a letter to her boss with nothing but praise and that if anyone deserves a raise, it's her. I don't think I'll do the same again, but I will send an email for sure.

That nurse is a treasure and a rare gem in this otherwise cold environment. If only circumstances had been different, I think we could have been very good friends.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
I'm not sure what happened when I met my psychologist today. Somehow, I ended up in a position where she thought I was going to CTB before the end of the year. I say that like I don't know why she got that idea, but of course I do. I definitely I acted a bit weird and evasive in our session, but I did not expect her to stop me before leaving to ask; "I need to ask, will you be here next session?" (two weeks from now).

Truth be told, I have been considering CTB quite seriously lately. I was not certain I would do it, but I could not lie to her face and say "yes". I didn't say anything. She kept looking at me and finally I said "I don't know". Now, I do not live in the US, so it's not game over when your therapist knows you're actively suicidal. However, she was required to ask for more details and here is where I fucked up.

I don't know why, but without thinking, I let her think I had definitely decided to CTB before the end of the year. On most of her questions, I said nothing, thinking instead. When it came to it, I basically nodded when she gave me yes/no questions about my intentions. Before I knew it, I was faced with a very difficult choice. She gave me two options:
  • Promise not to CTB and seek urgent care if I felt like I could not keep the promise
  • Force her to keep me against my will and get involuntary hospitalisation
The stupid thing is, I never really felt like I was going to CTB. It was not unlikely, but it was definitely not a full-blown plan with a date and everything. I think I panicked a bit when she started asking about it, because obviously I did not want her to know how much I have been thinking about it lately. Then suddenly I felt stuck and didn't know how to back out safely.

I ended up promising her not to go through with it. What else could I do? Part of me wanted to pick the other option to see what would happen, but at the end of the day, hospital is not where I want to be right now. Especially since it was easy to promise not to do something I didn't really intend to do anyway. The problem was convincing her I was not lying about it, but I think I managed.

Ella es realmente buena y no la merezco, pero estoy feliz de que fuera ella y no otra persona. Ella ha estado conmigo en situaciones similares, así que sé que puedo ser honesto con ella. No le cuento todo, pero dudo que alguna vez se lo cuente a nadie. Algunas cosas se guardan mejor para uno mismo.

Antes de terminar con esto, quiero agregar que creo que estaba más cerca de CTB de lo que pensaba. He estado planificando pequeñas cosas durante un par de semanas y no soy consciente de ello. Creo que la razón por la que le dejé creer que hablaba en serio fue porque comencé a darme cuenta de que muy bien podría haberlo sido. Da miedo pensar en ello, pero es casi como si hubiera compartimentado mi ideación suicida. Fuera lo que fuera lo que estaba haciendo esa parte de mí, no era del todo consciente de ello. Extraño.

De todos modos, he seguido lo suficiente. Ahora estoy cansada.

I have lived This same situation a few months ago

CuddleHug

CuddleHug

Back, but with less enthusiasm. Hugs~
Feb 22, 2020
Small update to say that I'm home, safe and sound. I'm exhausted and honestly starting to feel a bit worse again. It only lasted 24 hours, it seems. This time I have a lot more support, though, so maybe it won't get too bad. I'm meeting my psychologist again tomorrow, then on Monday and Wednesday next week as well.

It's a bit much, but I have to force myself to accept the help as much as I can. It takes so much energy, though. It will probably be worth it in the end, I just need to get through it.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Small update to say that I'm home, safe and sound. I'm exhausted and honestly starting to feel a bit worse again. It only lasted 24 hours, it seems. This time I have a lot more support, though, so maybe it won't get too bad. I'm meeting my psychologist again tomorrow, then on Monday and Wednesday next week as well.

It's a bit much, but I have to force myself to accept the help as much as I can. It takes so much energy, though. It will probably be worth it in the end, I just need to get through it.
I'm sure it will be a bit tough, but if it's what you want then keep going. I'm really proud of you to go through all that with such an open mind, to stand your ground and come out the other side. Possibly a bit scarier now in some ways, but if you went through what you did you have a fighting chance.

• Love
Reactions: CuddleHug