Dec 15, 2020
Like this dude...

• Love
Reactions: ansiedad, Donk, Hurt and 9 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It's amazing how people who "have it all" can suffer from depression and ctb anyway.

I guess some humans, like us and Kurt, are just not meant to be in this world and that's why we wanna leave so badly.

• Love
Reactions: ansiedad, Hurt, justletmedieplease and 10 others
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Like this dude...

I outlived a Phoenix, I won't let kurt or my guitar delilah down.

river phoenix 80s GIF

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I don't give a shit about the first ones, I don't write and I don't play the guitar (actually yes, once)
For the last one it's too late, it should have happened a decade ago.

Reactions: TheSomebody
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I don't think he killed himself

Reactions: Silver Bullet
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Depression doesn't discriminate.

Reactions: sourpink, ansiedad, disabledandhopeless and 4 others
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
Depression doesn't discriminate.
Yes it does. You're more likely to be depressed if you're poor, ugly, lgbt or autist.

Reactions: wannago, TheSomebody, woknows and 4 others
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
Yes it does. You're more likely to be depressed if you're poor, ugly, lgbt or autist.

Suffering is suffering is suffering ... and has little to do with how much money one has in the bank.
Arguing that one persons suffering is in some way more or less than anothers or is more or less worthy of empathy than anothers is misguided.

Reactions: Pookie and Weary Soul
perdredenord

perdredenord

he/him • wishing for a will to live
Dec 26, 2020
Idk, I like to think I'm pretty cute by normal standards, and my music is the only thing I feel I do that is worth something in this life - and I was living my dream life, a common name in my local music scene, working as a show photographer, and I still made the decision to buy a gun and make plans to shatter it all. Turns out getting "help" ended up making things worse and ruining my live aha

• Hugs
Reactions: Weary Soul
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I mean, he was a heroin addict and I know from personal experience how much that can completely destroy your state of mind. Especially if he was trying to quit because the depression from the withdrawals is out of this world. Combine that with someone who was obviously incredibly sensitive, it is not surprising to me that anyone would kill themselves going through that, famous or not.

Reactions: sourpink, demuic, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Cobain suffered all his life from chronic bronchitis and intense pain due to an undiagnosed stomach condition. What made him a rock star is what also completely destroyed his quality of life.

His was a rational suicide. Today, he might have made a public statement by going someplace like Switzerland or taking up legal residence in Belgium or the Netherlands for undergoing euthanasia.

Two uncles of his cousin had also killed themselves using guns.

Murder at the instigation of Courtney Love is not plausible to me. His family history of suicidal behavior, actual suicides, chronic pain and bipolar diagnosis are overwhelming.

Being famous and successful with a child may have tipped him over the edge in the sense it failed completely to alleviate his suffering. Many get married and have children believing this will turn things around for them, but relief always has to come from within. In Cobain's case, there was never any such potential. He gave life a fair chance to fail him completely. The medical community had a fair chance to fail him decisively, and they did.

Reactions: demuic, ohhgeeitsme, Pookie and 1 other person
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Tragedy knows no socioeconomic borders.

Some would say I had it all - they were very, very wrong.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gnip and Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020

Still, you can have seemingly everything and it might still not be enough.

Last edited:
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
Depression doesn't care if you are rich, famous, talented or good-looking. You can see in the unplugged concert that he was tired of everything and one year later he killed himself.
I don't think he killed himself

Reactions: demuic, Pookie and Gnip
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
Arguing that one persons suffering is in some way more or less than anothers or is more or less worthy of empathy than anothers is misguided.
Where did you hear someone say your last sentence? I didn't hear them.

Suffering is suffering is suffering ... and has little to do with how much money one has in the bank.
Yeah, let's say that to a homeless person please. They'd be glad to hear it.

Still, you can have seemingly everything and it might still not be enough.
Ok, fair enough. I didn't say the opposite.

It's just factual. When you're poor or ugly or lgbt or autist you're more likely to be depressed. And to ctb. That's it.

In brief : depression discriminates. Pretending the opposite is just disrespectful towards people.

Jeez, it made me angry.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: Kassender, TheSomebody, woknows and 2 others
M

Miss_Takes

Dec 4, 2020
Where do you hear someone say your last sentence? I didn't hear them.

Yeah, let's say that to a homeless person please. They'd be glad to hear it.

Ok, fair enough. I didn't say the opposite.

It's just factual. When you're poor or ugly or lgbt or autist you're more likely to be depressed. And to ctb. That's it.

In brief : depression discriminates. Pretending the opposite is just disrespectful towards people.

Jeez, it made me angry.
Depression does not discriminate ... human beings do.
Noone can deny that inequality has a significant and compounding impact on mental health.
However to deny that people of high socioeconomic status experience mental suffering is simply wrong.
Not one of us has the right to judge another persons suffering as we do not live in that persons shoes.

• Hmph!
Reactions: sourpink and woknows
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
However to deny that people of high socioeconomic status experience mental suffering is simply wrong.
Where did you hear someone say that? I didn't hear them.

Depression does not discriminate ... human beings do.
You're playing with words.

Not one of us has the right to judge another persons suffering as we do not live in that persons shoes.
Where did you hear someone say that? I didn't hear them.

Noone can deny that inequality has a significant and compounding impact on mental health.
Not inequality, poverty. Poverty has a significant impact on mental health.

Sorry if I sound abrasive, I don't know how not to seem abrasive behind my screen.
Just try not to put words in my mouth, please.

I stand by what I said. Depression discriminates.

To be clear : it doesn't mean that wealthy, good-looking, etc. people don't suffer from depression. It means they're less likely to suffer from it.
What's wrong with my statement?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TheSomebody, woknows and 262653
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
This thread is all the more reason I'll be so happy not to hear from humanity including some of you fuckers after I'm dead.

• Hugs
Reactions: sourpink, Nodscene and 262653
M

Miss_Takes

Dec 4, 2020
Youre ok. Im not easily offended.
Im also not going to respond to each point that you may have found offensive because I am on my phone and the scrolling does my head in and I really just dont know how to use the quote doodad. Also, Im not here to convince anyone of anything... merely to offering a personal viewpoint that may differ from others.

Depression does not discriminate... I am not playing with words ... it is simply a fact. It may be easier to manage or hide with money and status (because money does make some things easier) but that doesnt mean there isnt an epidemic at that end of the spectrum as well.
I am not denying that poverty impacts MH significantly and that until society addresses social inequality and therefore poverty there will not be a significant improvement in the MH of people affected by these factors.
Id could ask you to show me where Ive actually put words in your mouth but you clearly think you already have and I wouldnt bother arguing that point because your perception is yours.
Just as mine is mine and possibly never the twain shall meet lol and thats ok with me.
I hope you have the best day you can.

Reactions: sourpink
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
Id could ask you to show me where Ive actually put words in your mouth
You said I was denying wealthy, good-looking people suffer. I didn't and I never will.
But that doesnt mean there isnt an epidemic at that end of the spectrum as well.
Here you're bringing an interesting point because over $100,000/year people suffer a lot from depression.
I hope you have the best day you can.
Well my day wasn't very good no lol
I hope you have it too

Last edited:
M

Miss_Takes

Dec 4, 2020
I dont believe that I used your name in any of my posts.
I generally respond to ideas and not people specifically.
The statement 'depression discriminates' exactly states what you think I have accused you of and you are aware enough to know, I believe, that your insinuation in using it denies a portion of the population a right to 'suffering'.

I assume we are on the same page however even if reading in different languages and sometimes the nuances are confusing to us both.

• Love
Reactions: sourpink and Amumu
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
My comments weren't directed specifically at you.
It seemed so.
Also, I did not make any comments regarding "poor" people so maybe you are the one putting words in my mouth.
I'm not, I wasn't talking about you.
I'm simply saying people who are deemed attractive aren't immune to mental illness.
Pretty much what I've said 10 times in this thread, right.

I assume we are on the same page however even if reading in different languages and sometimes the nuances are confusing to us both.
Ok, fair enough.

This thread is all the more reason I'll be so happy not to hear from humanity including some of you fuckers after I'm dead.
Why so? Most people are decent here. Except from people who bait.

Anyway with my sleepless night it reinforced my suicidal thoughts. Just don't bait.

Last edited:
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
Some*
It's the internet there are bound to be bad eggs. Still, statement stands. 99% of humanity is grating to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu
F

freedomfreezerstar

Dec 14, 2020
Heroin makes you constipated from what I have heard, and I think constipation is the most brutal teacher. (in a non troll way) Nothing material or superficial can really make up for the fact that everybody needs to shit.