radar311

radar311

Send me an angel🕊️
Sep 13, 2024
Can miraculin tablet also relieve the taste of SN? I know miraculin affects the taste buds on the tongue by stimulating the sensation of sweetness (works with sour food). I was just wondering if it might help with salty taste as well?

athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Short answer: No.

Longer explaination on why: Miraculin is a glycoprotein found in the fruit of the Synsepalum dulcificum plant, known for its ability to transform sour tastes into sweet sensations. This effect occurs in acidic environments (low pH), where miraculin binds to taste receptors, particularly the T1R2 and T1R3 receptors, which are primarily responsible for sweet taste perception. In an acidic setting, miraculin alters the way these receptors respond to sour compounds, such as citric acid, making them taste sweet instead.

In contrast, SN is salty and has a neutral pH, meaning it does not fall within the range where miraculin is effective. Since SN primarily stimulates the T1R3 receptor, which is associated with salty taste, it won't be masked or altered by miraculin's action on sour tastes.

Remember, there are five basic taste modalities, each associated with specific taste receptors: (1) Sweet: This taste is often associated with sugars and certain amino acids. Sweetness is detected by the T1R2 and T1R3 receptors; (2) Sour: Sourness is typically linked to acidity, specifically the presence of hydrogen ions (H+) in substances like citric acid. Sour taste is mediated by the PKD2L1 receptor; (3) Salty: Saltiness is primarily perceived through the detection of sodium ions (Na+). The primary receptors involved in salty taste are epithelial sodium channels (ENaC); (4) Bitter: Bitter tastes are associated with a wide range of compounds, many of which can be toxic, so the body is particularly sensitive to bitterness. This taste is primarily detected by a family of receptors known as T2R receptors; and (5) Umami: Often described as a savory or meaty taste, umami is triggered by the presence of amino acids, particularly glutamate. This taste is detected by the T1R1 and T1R3 recetors.

It simply just would not change or affect the receptors in question and thus not give any benefit from using it.

Will trying it in the protocol hurt anything? No, probably not. However, it's also unlikely to enhance the outcomes of the protocol. While it could be interesting to gather anecdotal experiences, I don't foresee any benefits from including it based on science of how it operates/works. I would recommend skipping it entirely to be honest.

I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.

Last edited:
radar311

radar311

Send me an angel🕊️
Sep 13, 2024
Short answer: No.

Longer explaination on why: Miraculin is a glycoprotein found in the fruit of the Synsepalum dulcificum plant, known for its ability to transform sour tastes into sweet sensations. This effect occurs in acidic environments (low pH), where miraculin binds to taste receptors, particularly the T1R2 and T1R3 receptors, which are primarily responsible for sweet taste perception. In an acidic setting, miraculin alters the way these receptors respond to sour compounds, such as citric acid, making them taste sweet instead.

In contrast, SN is salty and has a neutral pH, meaning it does not fall within the range where miraculin is effective. Since SN primarily stimulates the T1R3 receptor, which is associated with salty taste, it won't be masked or altered by miraculin's action on sour tastes.

Remember, there are five basic taste modalities, each associated with specific taste receptors: (1) Sweet: This taste is often associated with sugars and certain amino acids. Sweetness is detected by the T1R2 and T1R3 receptors; (2) Sour: Sourness is typically linked to acidity, specifically the presence of hydrogen ions (H+) in substances like citric acid. Sour taste is mediated by the PKD2L1 receptor; (3) Salty: Saltiness is primarily perceived through the detection of sodium ions (Na+). The primary receptors involved in salty taste are epithelial sodium channels (ENaC); (4) Bitter: Bitter tastes are associated with a wide range of compounds, many of which can be toxic, so the body is particularly sensitive to bitterness. This taste is primarily detected by a family of receptors known as T2R receptors; and (5) Umami: Often described as a savory or meaty taste, umami is triggered by the presence of amino acids, particularly glutamate. This taste is detected by the T1R1 and T1R3 recetors.

It simply just would not change or affect the receptors in question and thus not give any benefit from using it.

Will trying it in the protocol hurt anything? No, probably not. However, it's also unlikely to enhance the outcomes of the protocol. While it could be interesting to gather anecdotal experiences, I don't foresee any benefits from including it based on science of how it operates/works. I would recommend skipping it entirely to be honest.

I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.
Okay, thanks🙂