wisp

wisp

Oct 19, 2023
Why does everyone opt for the SN method even though it seems to be the slowest and most painful one? It also seems to be the most difficult to find in the EU.
A rope, or jumping from a bridge is faster and there is no risk of suffering, but above all there is no hassle of looking for where to buy products online that are impossible to find

• Wow
Reactions: Arthur Fleck and MatrixPrisoner
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Why does everyone opt for the SN method even though it seems to be the slowest and most painful one? It also seems to be the most difficult to find in the EU.
A rope, or jumping from a bridge is faster and there is no risk of suffering, but above all there is no hassle of looking for where to buy products online that are impossible to find
Not everyone has an option to jump from a high place. You can get brain damage from improper hanging and the damage you can sustain from a failed sn attempt is less than hanging.

• Informative
Reactions: lolfuturecorpsev2, Lost cherry and silentcicada
D

Deleted member 65988

With the alternatives you've listed, it's easy to see why SN.

Reactions: lolfuturecorpsev2, Praestat_Mori, Lost cherry and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
SN doesn't really sound that painful from what I'm aware and it's a reliable poison after all, I'd certainly prefer SN if it's avaliable to terrifying methods like jumping and hanging. I'd fear hanging failing and just leading to more suffering, I don't know what made you think that everyone can access a high enough place to jump from anyway and that method sounds very difficult to go through with because of the survival instinct. To me SN sounds like it'd be easier to go through with.

Reactions: haibane, lolfuturecorpsev2, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Wait, SN is painful too?
It can definitely be slow but I don't think it's "the most" painful. If you read most of the accounts of people who went that way there is some slight discomfort. In some cases there is pain yes but it is not severe but bearable

• Informative
Reactions: lolfuturecorpsev2, ApathyToLife, Sylveon and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

Wait, SN is painful too?
Realistically, with the methods that are outside of comfort like inert gas, you're gonna have to deal with discomfort to some degree. I think people have a hard time accepting that which I can understand but that's how things are. Pick your discomfort, be aware of the risks, look for alternatives if it's not good enough for your situation and always do your research.
It can definitely be slow but I don't think it's "the most" painful. If you read most of the accounts of people who went that way there is some slight discomfort. In some cases there is pain yes but it is not severe but bearable
I think most of that pain is induced from overwhelming anxiety. I've seen quite a few users state this.

• Informative
Reactions: haibane, Praestat_Mori, betternever2havbeen and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Most methods carry an element of risk. Some people who jump into water actually drown on top of having broken bones and damaged internal organs. It isn't always instant by the sounds of it. People have survived jumps too. Hanging carries risks too. Plus- unless you have space to do it at home or try partial hanging, both of those methods mean random members of the public may witness the death or find the body. Some people worry about traumatising others. In terms of SI (Survival Instinct,) I think many people feel like they are more likely to be able to drink something rather than leap from a great height or set up a noose and hang. But- you're right- SN carries it's own risks. It seems to vary how it affects people.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and falling_snow
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Because I dont want to go outside to do it and theres a risk surviving jumping which would be horrific. With sn theres not much risk if failing the method ie puking it up. The pain will be doable for sure. I am used to horrible endometriosis cramps I doubt that it will be on the same level. I agree that it kinda sucks that you have to wait 10 minutes to fall asleep.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Lost cherry
D

Deleted member 65988

Everything is a risk, it's just about how much of a gamble are you willing to take with this method or that method. The alternatives of jumping and hanging like @Forever Sleep listed carry their own risks and honestly, in terms of fatality, it really depends how the user approaches the method to make it as effective as possible, making even being saved unlikely to turn things around. There's also the psychological factor of not wanting your dead body in public to traumatize someone else plus with hanging, people have a hard time finding the sweet spot on the neck because even I had a hard time thinking it was below the Adam's apple or above?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, $crim and Forever Sleep
Arthur Fleck

Arthur Fleck

Jun 10, 2020
Here in Brazil is very very easy get SN.

Reactions: Cakeisalie, kelimackie and Deleted member 65988
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
In my opinion: basically sure death if you follow procedure, passive enough to be able to withstand, slow enough to fade out, clean death, less traumatic to those that find me.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

Yes, I order my SN online.
Yeap, it's that easy where I'm from too. That played a factor in why I got it but also because there's been no SN ctbs, no one seems to have taken notice of it being used as a ctb method elsewhere in the world.

Arthur Fleck

Arthur Fleck

Jun 10, 2020
Sim, é tão fácil de onde eu sou também. Isso desempenhou um fator no porquê eu peguei, mas também porque não houve ctbs SN, ninguém parece ter tomado conhecimento de que ele está sendo usado como um método ctb em outros lugares do mundo. UE
I see. And here in Brazil is very far from the Europe.

D

Deleted member 65988

I see. And here in Brazil is very far from the Europe.
Then again, we're both from 3rd world countries filled to the brim with social issues, being concerned over one suicide method is just one issue on top of the many there are.

• Informative
Reactions: Cakeisalie and Arthur Fleck
Arthur Fleck

Arthur Fleck

Jun 10, 2020
Then again, we're both from 3rd world countries filled to the brim with social issues, being concerned over one suicide method is just one issue on top of the many there are.
Exactly, my brother.

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I wish I could drink sn, then jump from the cliff...not sure if that's dangerous because of contamination? I'll never have access to sn :(

G

_Gemini_

Dec 7, 2023
The problem with SN is that it works quite slowly.
I would like something that works within minutes and not just over the course of hours.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The problem with SN is that it works quite slowly.
I would like something that works within minutes and not just over the course of hours.
Sth that works in minutes is potassium cyanide / cyan hydrogen. But this method is rated painful.

Other options would be CO if you have high concentrations of CO (best is 10k ppm and above).

D

Deleted member 65988

Sth that works in minutes is potassium cyanide / cyan hydrogen. But this method is rated painful.

Other options would be CO if you have high concentrations of CO (best is 10k ppm and above).
Agreed here. For something to kill quick, it may still likely have a level of pain because you are killing the human body. It really depends if one is willing for forsake peace for the sake of speed in terms of ctb. Every method is about balancing several factors in order to make a decision best suited for the individual. Some say SN is slow and I get that but again, ctb has one goal in mind and all methods reach that goal effectively compared to others regardless of speed but again, its really down to what matters to you, speed, peace, reliability or effectiveness, all of these factors are to be considered.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
L

lolfuturecorpsev2

Nov 23, 2023
Where is the article/post here that describes the instructions on using SN and where can I get the materials in the US?

D

Deleted member 65988

Where is the article/post here that describes the instructions on using SN and where can I get the materials in the US?
SN Megathread

• Love
Reactions: lolfuturecorpsev2
L

lolfuturecorpsev2

Nov 23, 2023
SN Megathread

Thank you so much! Will be catching up on this thread

Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
Trying to get everything that's needed for it and following the protocol can be a hassle for sure but what makes you think that it's the slowest and most painful method or the most difficult to find in the EU? It's easier to obtain (or already have) something to hang yourself with and I guess you can jump from practically any tall building but I think it's easier to access than inert gas and/or other poisons and drugs used by people to CTB. As for it being slow and painful, from everything I've read, it usually takes people 20-40 minutes to go unconscious and the rest doesn't matter since you won't be conscious of it anyway and you just need to make sure you won't be found for a couple of hours. And painful - for me the worst part of it is the possible vomiting (since I have severe emetophobia) but most people don't care that much about it so I don't see how that could be excruciating. I guess there's the possibility of seizures too but all in all it seems bearable considering you get a way out. Choking, drowning or bleeding to death seem way more painful in my eyes.

I might sound argumentative but in the end of the day everyone should decide for themselves what method they prefer and what would work the best for them in their opinion. I'm not super enthusiastic about taking SN, if I could choose another method without any restrictions I'd definitely not go with SN but I personally see it as the only option I have. Technically I have two other options - hanging and jumping, the ones you mentioned.

There's no way I could make myself jump no matter how much I'm suffering, I'm afraid that I won't die immediately but instead break all of my bones and die in agony and I also don't want my body to get completely messed up like that, I don't wanna traumatize my mother or anyone who finds me for that matter and I've heard some pretty horrific stories from my parents and friends about the jumping cases they've witnessed/know of.

And hanging - I've tried it more times than I can remember, I can never get it right, it's extremely excruciating for me and way harder to set up than SN. Less than 2 months ago I fully believed that hanging would be my method and I thought it'd be way better than SN, I truly wanted to make it work somehow but I just couldn't and currently I'm at a point where it's impossible for me to do it for various reasons.

SN might go wrong too and I'm kind of expecting it considering my bad luck but it's just the only option I have left and I think that goes for a lot of other people too. Other positives in my opinion that I didn't mention - you can do it in the privacy and comfort of your own home and it doesn't really leave a mess.

Reactions: lolfuturecorpsev2
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
I'm not sure I agree with your appraisal of SN as the "slowest" or "most painful" one. Far from it.

We know that discomfort is to be expected. But headache, dizziness, and a fast heart rate compared to the feeling of most of my body's weight on a rope around my neck is simply not comparable.

10-20 minutes to loss of consciousness is also far from the slowest and alongside benzos can be significantly reduced.

The risks of permanent injury also appears to be lower.

I think you should read some of the statistics mentioned in Vizzy's guide for corroboration. SN is reasonably more peaceful and reliable (when protocol is followed properly) than both hanging and jumping.

Accessibility appears to be the only downside depending on one's jurisdiction/individual circumstance.

Reactions: wisp, Deleted member 65988, rozeske and 3 others
Cyndaquil

Cyndaquil

Need Peace
Dec 2, 2023
After years of research it has the perfect balance between bearable pain, availability and effectiveness, and in case of failure it is somewhat safer than most

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, ApathyToLife and Arthur Fleck
G

_Gemini_

Dec 7, 2023
But the best/fastest option would probably be N, right?
But probably not available anywhere.
Money wouldn't be a problem.

Even if I get SN and all that stuff.
How long is that even usable, several years?

Last edited:
almaPerdida

almaPerdida

"Oh God, I’m so depressed." - Marvin
Nov 24, 2023
Here in Brazil is very very easy get SN.
For real, i ordered mine online. Just googling SN showed a bunch of sites selling it, it's so easy to get it here. Took me by surprise seeing how accessible it is in Brazil.