• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Finalnight

Finalnight

Waiting until it comes
Aug 16, 2023
I mixed 25g of SN with 50ml of water until there were no crystals left at the bottom of the glass, however some small particles still remained scattered everywhere in the solution no matter how much extra water I added, is this normal? Has this happened to anyone?

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I really can't answer your question about whether it's "normal" to have SN crystals being held in suspension in your mixture. But, I don't think adding more water is the solution to this problem, if this is even a problem. Have you tried mixing the SN and water with a mechanical device, such as a high-speed blender? I take a powder laxative, polyethylene glycol 3350, which I mix with a cup of tea in the morning, and it doesn't completely dissolve, either, no matter how much stirring I do. I'm not sure some small, undissolved SN crystals are a big problem. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Reactions: Finalnight
Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
You might want to crush the SN chunks finely first before you mix it. SN gets clumped up due to exposure to moisture, and dissolving that in the water fully can be quite difficult. It's much better to crush it into fine powder first while dry and then pour it into the water. Crush it with something dry until it reaches a salt-like consistency [WARNING: DO NOT TOUCH WITH BARE HANDS] and then pour the powder into the water. The easiest way if you don't want to use something like a mortar and pestle would be to take a piece of paper, put the measured amount of SN on top of it, cover it with another piece of paper and then finely crush it into a powder-like consistency.

Finalnight

Finalnight

Waiting until it comes
Aug 16, 2023
I really can't answer your question about whether it's "normal" to have SN crystals being held in suspension in your mixture. But, I don't think adding more water is the solution to this problem, if this is even a problem. Have you tried mixing the SN and water with a mechanical device, such as a high-speed blender? I take a powder laxative, polyethylene glycol 3350, which I mix with a cup of tea in the morning, and it doesn't completely dissolve, either, no matter how much stirring I do. I'm not sure some small, undissolved SN crystals are a big problem. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Maybe something in the SN is insoluble, idk, my SN is supposed to be 99% pure according to the source so I'm guessing maybe it could be normal, so far all the pictures I've seen from SN tests the water looks totally transparent after having added the SN with a yellow tint, thanks for replying regardless, I thought about blending it but I should have to buy my own blender though and as you're saying, maybe it's not something to worry about

_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Anti-caking agent maybe? Common ones are titanium dioxide, and silicon dioxide. Neither of those dissolve in water and aren't a problem.
SN should very readily dissolve in water from our experience dissolving it while testing as well as risky tests to see if it would be bearable to ingest.

J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
If it's just a little I wouldnt be concerned. It could be that "1%".

Finalnight

Finalnight

Waiting until it comes
Aug 16, 2023
You might want to crush the SN chunks finely first before you mix it. SN gets clumped up due to exposure to moisture, and dissolving that in the water fully can be quite difficult. It's much better to crush it into fine powder first while dry and then pour it into the water. Crush it with something dry until it reaches a salt-like consistency [WARNING: DO NOT TOUCH WITH BARE HANDS] and then pour the powder into the water. The easiest way if you don't want to use something like a mortar and pestle would be to take a piece of paper, put the measured amount of SN on top of it, cover it with another piece of paper and then finely crush it into a powder-like consistency.
I didn't struggle dissolving it but there was just that detail I noticed, the SN I opened had no clumps surprisingly, it was quite new, I know moisture and air do this but I understand it's something that normally happens to the SN as time passes, thanks for the recommendations and I've used gloves at all times, there was this time when I spilled less than a gram over one hand because one of the bags it came in was broken, my skin just itched but I was fine thereafter

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
Anti-caking agent maybe? Common ones are titanium dioxide, and silicon dioxide. Neither of those dissolve in water and aren't a problem.
SN should very readily dissolve in water from our experience dissolving it while testing as well as risky tests to see if it would be bearable to ingest.
Definitely could be the Anti-caking agent because when I've previously measured and made a 25g solution of sn, it dissolved really quickly and within a few mins, you wouldn't even know it was there at first glance.

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
there was this time when I spilled less than a gram over one hand because one of the bags it came in was broken, my skin just itched but I was fine thereafter
The reaction with your skin is normal since I've experienced it as well but due to the fact there weren't any clumps present indicates an anti-caking agent otherwise its normal for sn to cake months after its manufacturing date.

Finalnight

Finalnight

Waiting until it comes
Aug 16, 2023
Perhaps that's what it is, I didn't think about it, I had no trouble dissolving it as I though I would have, this solves the question, thank you :)
If it's just a little I wouldnt be concerned. It could be that "1%".
Yes since the glass was clean
Definitely could be the Anti-caking agent because when I've previously measured and made a 25g solution of sn, it dissolved really quickly and within a few mins, you wouldn't even know it was there at first glance.
Same here, had no trouble mixing it, I thought it would have ended up like the time I tried with table salt and it really is a world of difference
The reaction with your skin is normal since I've experienced it as well but due to the fact there weren't any clumps present indicates an anti-caking agent otherwise its normal for sn to cake months after its manufacturing date.
I know now and I had it for a couple of hours then it went away, I was pretty upset with the seller for that, it happened on my early purchases and didn't know much about what could happen to me so I thought I was gonna die on the spot lol

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Maybe something in the SN is insoluble, idk, my SN is supposed to be 99% pure according to the source so I'm guessing maybe it could be normal, so far all the pictures I've seen from SN tests the water looks totally transparent after having added the SN with a yellow tint, thanks for replying regardless, I thought about blending it but I should have to buy my own blender though and as you're saying, maybe it's not something to worry about
You could get one of those cheapo hand-held blenders.

Finalnight

Finalnight

Waiting until it comes
Aug 16, 2023
Hey, just trying to help. As the OP, you seemed to be concerned about the "chunkiness" of your mixture. lol
You did lol, and I appreciate your help and recommendation, but as @_Broken_alice said, it must be the Anti-Caking agent that it's added to the SN that I might be seeing, so that I shouldn't worry that much about these non soluble particles, I don't know if you saw my first reply to you but again, thank you ♥♥

Finalnight

Finalnight

Waiting until it comes
Aug 16, 2023
Long as everything is "kosher" with the "99%" SN you bought. Have you tested it?
Lol I really hope so, I guess I can't say the brand but it's from Germany, I won't be able to test the purity but I rely on the source, besides it's the only source I have access to, I just hope everything goes as intented

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Lol I really hope so, I guess I can't say the brand but it's from Germany, I won't be able to test the purity but I rely on the source, besides it's the only source I have access to, I just hope everything goes as intented
No tests at all? You're not even going to do an aquarium test or a blood test? Nothing? I hope things go as you desire, too.

• Hugs
Finalnight

Finalnight

Waiting until it comes
Aug 16, 2023
No tests at all? You're not even going to do an aquarium test or a blood test? Nothing? I hope things go as you desire, too.
Thank you :)
Maybe I'll do the aquarium test on my next purchase, I don't want to do it with the latest SN because I've already opened 1 of the 2 bags I bought and the one I opened might already have lost purity since it wasn't taken care of, but the other one is stored properly (I think) and won't be opening that one until my Ctb day

Last edited:
Finalnight

Finalnight

Waiting until it comes
Aug 16, 2023
You really wouldn't need to make another purchase, would you, if you use the (unknown purity) SN and all goes well on your "CTB day"?
I had agreed with the seller that I would be buying from them again soon, I don't have anything to lose, anyways I will be using the one that is well protected (And very likely pure) if I don't buy the SN again to test it with the strips, and if I use the latest one and fail to CTB there's a window to my right, so jumping from a 7th floor becomes my backup plan in that case

Last edited:
Reactions: locked*n*loaded