Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-successful-and-unsuccessful.30211/

^ According to this thread, there are users that (while still conscious) make choking or grunting sounds indicative of suffocation after ingestion of SN, and some claim that they cannot breathe. Is this because the tongue becomes numb due to the methemoglobInemia and the individual can no longer move it on their own, causing it to fall back and obstruct their airway? If numbness is a characteristic of methemoglobInemia, can we also assume that there's a chance it affects the throat muscles and allows for more saliva to accumulate?

• Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: Sick of it all, Efilismislife, Defenestration and 4 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
As someone with asthma I'm sure my throat would close up if I swallowed SN. Lots of people with mild asthma don't know they have it. Think of it as hyper reactive airways. Swallowing SN creates a gas in the stomach that escapes up the throat and some are sensitive to this and have throat swelling shut like an asthma attack.

Also SN affects the lungs. It causes lung congestion. This has been studied and is documented. Some are going to be very sensitive to this, maybe people who smoke or have lung conditions or allergies.

If someone knows they have breathing problems SN isn't the best method.

• Love
Reactions: Efilismislife, loopylou, shush and 5 others
Deardaddy

Deardaddy

Student
May 20, 2019
i tried taking SN , failed attempted being saved cos the quantity was not enough, and some one called the medics. i like tto ask if i take lower dosages will the SN convert 90% and then and the reverse effects takes place by itself. i have no problems with the taste and vommit etc. just pure SN

Reactions: doggiesarecute and Wrennie
inthemoonblue

inthemoonblue

Nov 26, 2020
I have seen dyspnea (difficulty breathing) listed as a symptom of methemoglobinemia. If someone were still conscious at that point, though, I highly doubt they would be for much longer.

• Aww..
Reactions: Defenestration and Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I have seen dyspnea (difficulty breathing) listed as a symptom of methemoglobinemia. If someone were still conscious at that point, though, I highly doubt they would be for much longer.
I would certainly hope not. I'd hate to imagine that one would go into attempting SN without knowing that their final moments could be spent suffocating.

Reactions: loopylou, x~Sophia~x, it's_all_a_game and 2 others
Deardaddy

Deardaddy

Student
May 20, 2019
I would certainly hope not. I'd hate to imagine that one would go into attempting SN without knowing that their final moments could be spent suffocating.
Suicide has to be sanctioned not abused

Reactions: mirko
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Is there anyone that could shed more light on this? SN is my last resort method if I cannot obtain N and I don't see myself being able to fully go through with it if I start to suffocate. That would be far too painful and my SI would definitely win the battle.

• Aww..
Reactions: Defenestration
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
As someone with asthma I'm sure my throat would close up if I swallowed SN. Lots of people with mild asthma don't know they have it. Think of it as hyper reactive airways. Swallowing SN creates a gas in the stomach that escapes up the throat and some are sensitive to this and have throat swelling shut like an asthma attack.

Also SN affects the lungs. It causes lung congestion. This has been studied and is documented. Some are going to be very sensitive to this, maybe people who smoke or have lung conditions or allergies.

If someone knows they have breathing problems SN isn't the best method.
Can you expand any more or point me in direction of more info please? Not come across warnings against sn if yoy have breathing difficulties. i'm asthmatic and a smoker, sn is my ticket.

Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Dear daddyNo problème of breaths?

Reactions: mirko
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
The choking or grunting sounds may well also be the death rattle, very common in anyone who dies.

• Informative
Reactions: doggiesarecute, Sick of it all, byebyeburdee and 7 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
The choking or grunting sounds may well also be the death rattle, very common in anyone who dies.
I thought so initially as well, but it appeared that the individuals were still completely conscious (according to observers) and showed signs of physical struggle at the time of the noises.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Efilismislife, shush, mini_weeny and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Check this out:

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Sick of it all and Wrennie
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
I thought so initially as well, but it appeared that the individuals were still completely conscious (according to observers) at the time of the noises.
Who are this observers? Where do you see this?

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Who are this observers? Where do you see this?
Some of the people named in the thread had their CTB's viewed and documented by another person, such as in the case of Moonicide.

• Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide and Defenestration
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Remember that these are just "ordinary" people observing, not medical people who have previously observed the death rattle. It will undoubtedly be shocking, which is why I could never watch someone end their life, but their observations may be flawed through lack of previous experience.

I'm not saying you are wrong, or they are wrong, but rather that it's an unknown unknown.

Reactions: Sick of it all, byebyeburdee, GenesAndEnvironment and 8 others
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
it was nan03 not nano2...
?
Meditation Guide has a habit of being "super helpful" when it comes to casting doubt on the peacefulness of methods, but what you usually find is that her "analysis" is usually scare mongering, like in this case.

I'd almost think she was an undercover pro-lifer if it wasn't for the fact she's been here planning her death for years, and the mods seem to love her input.

What do I know?

• Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: 👁️👃👁️, byebyeburdee, Robyn and 5 others
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
I had read a thread which made the difference between suffocation and hypoxia. It said that the feeling was like having had a big sweat without overheating ... hyperventilation, breathing hard, Seek to take in more air, quibbling very hard but not really suffocation.

But it could be very scared also :(

Reactions: Efilismislife
aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
Dieing by SN is like to death by CO, it's bad part acours when the person is unconscious also choking or grunting sounds is common in almost all method

Reactions: justamortal, shush, Lost10 and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I made a thread about this in December which was locked unfortunately. It seems like lilacmoon had a hard time with SN and had asthma.

Hoping this one can stay up this time longer.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...afe-has-anyone-taken-sn-who-had-asthma.56409/

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: Sick of it all, BeautifulMosaics, Efilismislife and 3 others
AN IDIOT'S END

AN IDIOT'S END

Death to the World
Feb 24, 2021
Dieing by SN is like to death by CO, it's bad part acours when the person is unconscious also choking or grunting sounds is common in almost all method
I really, really hope this is true...
I'm so scared of pain it's ridiculous.

• Hugs
Reactions: justamortal and Wrennie
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
This again. The feeling of "suffocation" comes from a CO2 buildup. This does not happen with SN. People who take it will experience a rapid heart rate and increased breathing rate (if you've ever done cocaine you would know that simply because this is occurring, it does not mean one must then feel like suffocating. Once unconsciousness occurs, there will be increasing breath sounds, similar to snoring.

Death often does not look or sound pretty. It's just the nature of death. It does not mean it is in any way unpeaceful if it is occurring while unconscious.

• Love
Reactions: W3akCr3atur3, justamortal, GenesAndEnvironment and 13 others
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
"The most relevant autoptic findings were the general signs of asphyxia, such as.."

I think it must be a feeling like being a fish out of the water, so probably yes some kind of suffocating feeling. I don't think it's peaceful... in one of the last documented cases the girl said "fuck x3" before going unconscious meaning it feels like shit!

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Efilismislife, Defenestration, Meditation guide and 1 other person
LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
This again. The feeling of "suffocation" comes from a CO2 buildup. This does not happen with SN. People who take it will experience a rapid heart rate and increased breathing rate (if you've ever done cocaine you would know that simply because this is occurring, it does not mean one must then feel like suffocating. Once unconsciousness occurs, there will be increasing breath sounds, similar to snoring.

Death often does not look or sound pretty. It's just the nature of death. It does not mean it is in any way unpeaceful if it is occurring while unconscious.

What makes me worry is if you read the thread SN Successful and Unsuccessful you will find out that in some unsuccessful cases the person got "unbearable pain" to the point they have to call the EMS themselves.

• Aww..
Reactions: Efilismislife, shush, Meditation guide and 1 other person
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019

I'm just bringing this up because in the thread I linked in the OP it lists at least two accounts of people stating they cannot breathe while still conscious.

Reactions: Efilismislife, LifeQuitter2018 and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
What makes me worry is if you read the thread SN Successful and Unsuccessful you will find out that in some unsuccessful cases the person got "unbearable pain" to the point they have to call the EMS themselves.
If you have an ulcer it's going to be unbearable. You need an intact stomach lining.

Reactions: LifeQuitter2018, Wrennie and x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Meditation Guide has a habit of being "super helpful" when it comes to casting doubt on the peacefulness of methods, but what you usually find is that her "analysis" is usually scare mongering, like in this case.

I'd almost think she was an undercover pro-lifer if it wasn't for the fact she's been here planning her death for years, and the mods seem to love her input.

What do I know?
THIS comment towards @Meditation guide is very unfair... many asthmatics have allergy related asthma and if this is the case, the ingestion of SN is highly likely to cause a severe reaction such as the airways closing, causing the person to suffocate.
If you have an ulcer it's going to be unbearable. You need an intact stomach lining.
Gastritis also would result in terrible pain after ingesting SN.

Reactions: Efilismislife, Dead Meat, Wrennie and 1 other person
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
No it isn't people want to end their lives, and all she does is bang on and on about how she doesn't like this or that - she's now rattling on about stomach ulcers. If she's so determined to die, why is she still here after years, while doing nothing but trying to put people off their methods.

It's got jack all to do with her whether people choose SN or not, if she doesn't like that method - don't do it, but don't post lies, which is what it was, it wasn't even SN she linked to.

Also it is not "highly likely" to close airways in asthmatics - that is YOUR opinion backed up by NOTHING other than YOUR opinion. Which is worth NOTHING.

And how do YOU know gastritis "would cause terrible pain" - do YOU suffer from gastritis, have YOU then tried taking SN - NO - so stop typing.

If you're going to die you are going to eventually stop breathing, there is way around that. Whether SN, N, CO, Nitrogen, or whatever, as long as you are out of it by the time that happens, YOUR OPINION means nothing, so keep your stupid, uneducated opinions to yourselves instead of infesting the boards with lies, distortions, half truths, and scare mongering.
I'm not even going to attempt to respond to your post in the way you intend me to, you are SO BLOODY RUDE!
What does it matter to you that Meditation Guide "is still here after years." There are plenty of members who are still here after years... who the fuck are you to judge her!!??
And yes I know someone who has allergy related asthma, and gastritis who attempted to ctb with sodium nitrite and ended up calling for help due to excruciating stomach pains and the feeling of suffocation as their airways were closing. So just because you've never heard of this happening, it doesn't mean that it WON'T happen!!

People come here to find a method to pass peacefully, and if you think we should tell everyone that every method is peaceful, that they'll just fall into a deep slumber and wake up to angels brushing their hair, while sitting on fluffy, white clouds - then perhaps it's YOU who shouldn't be on SS! :heh::angry:

• Yay!
Reactions: 👁️👃👁️, GenesAndEnvironment, Efilismislife and 2 others
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
STOP TRYING TO PUT OTHER PEOPLE OFF THEIR METHODS> If YOu don't like it don't do it, but stop posting crap that is false and misleading.

People here are in pain, they don't need idiots posting stupid lies.

And just because you "claim" something happened to someone DOESN'T mean it will happen to someone else.

Keep your ill informed opinions to yourself.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Obliviate, 👁️👃👁️, justamortal and 7 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I have been here less than one year. I came here in June 2020, not that it matters.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and I wonder why one person gets so angry.

• Hugs
Reactions: Efilismislife, LifeQuitter2018, Wrennie and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.