W

walkingcorpse13

Jul 22, 2024
I noticed when testing SN in water it gets colder I know its a reaction with salt but is it a normal reaction with SN? I have testing it and confirmed there's nitrite but wondering if this is a normal reaction

Reactions: Juggernaut1010 and Praestat_Mori
E

esistzeit

INFINITY
Jul 17, 2024
Reactions: Juggernaut1010
W

walkingcorpse13

Jul 22, 2024
Ah I see thanks was kinda curious why my cups were like cold water

Reactions: LifeQuitter
cowboypants

cowboypants

From milkyway
May 7, 2024
Do you know how long the SN remains effective after being mixed with water? If it were mixed in a closed water bottle, for example, how long would it remain poisonous?
Not op ..I think the effectiveness of SN won't change after mixing in water, since it's a preservative by itself. But I would keep it under 1-2 hours than experiment

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Do you know how long the SN remains effective after being mixed with water? If it were mixed in a closed water bottle, for example, how long would it remain poisonous?
That's a good question, idk how long but I would say long enough. It's also a question of the temperature. I would say if you have SN do some tests. Prepare the aquarium test and dissolve SN, the keep the solution at room temperature another one in the fridge another one sealed in a bottle" and test them everyday. This way it would be possible to estimate how long SN lasts after being dissolved in water.

In any case, it's best to keep it stored dry and cool and prepare the solutions only shortly before plan to use them That is also the safest and easiest way, imo.

how long would it remain poisonous?
It's poisonous as long as there are enough NO2- ions in the solution.