blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
According to the PPeH, SN is rated 7/10 of peacefulness. To some people, a 3/10 pain is a piece of cake. To some people, a 3/10 pain is torture. That's why read the godddamn guide. Take painkillers. Take benzos/benadryl. Take meto. Take antacid. Fast until your stomach feels empty. Don't do it in the middle of a party, you don't wanna get saved.

If you cry from a papercut, yeah the most gentle method will hurt.

Don't just believe everything people say. Do your own research if you're serious about it.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: StellaSomnus, rosenwasser, Airie and 35 others
puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
Agreed, research is always important. Better safe than sorry. I just think that with sn, reading the line in the wiki about consequences of failure: "The effects of this poisoning are completely reversible, and having any permanent damages is highly unlikely, should you be "saved" during your attempt." gives me some unusual comfort. Not planning on surviving my attempt of course but reading that sentence completely diminishes my SI. If pain is the price to pay for dying with low SI, I might as well go all the way. But, as you said, research is important.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: snowcloud9, doomedtoroam, deleted and 11 others
SoDead

SoDead

Nov 2, 2021
The effects of this poisoning are completely reversible, and having any permanent damages is highly unlikely, should you be "saved" during your attempt."

This sentence itself however looks unlikely to be true for me. If something slowly kills you over a prolonged period of time, there should be a moment in time where your brain is already seriously damaged but still can survive. Should you be "saved" at that moment, there should be some permanent damage left. Why should SN be very different in that respect from any other method killing brain by hypoxia?

• Love
Reactions: RABITIA, Aim, depressedmaniac and 16 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Don't just believe everything people say. Do your own research if you're serious about it.
Me, believing what you just said:
Golden State Warriors Meme GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: doomedtoroam, tiredangelgirl, VoidDesirer22 and 17 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
This sentence itself however looks unlikely to be true for me. If something slowly kills you over a prolonged period of time, there should be a moment in time where your brain is already seriously damaged but still can survive. Should you be "saved" at that moment, there should be some permanent damage left. Why should SN be very different in that respect from any other method killing brain by hypoxia?
Nt sre b/ no rprts of damge in n.e1 yt

Last edited:
Reactions: snowcloud9, little helpers, mightypabster and 3 others
marinekiwi

marinekiwi

Student
Oct 28, 2021
People have reported "mild to moderate" pain with SN, mostly due to headache and/or stomachache. Very few reports of "unbearable" pain. If proper method is followed, unconsciousness is likely to happen between 15-20 minutes from ingestion. I think anyone can endure some minutes of moderate discomfort (if they really want to ctb that is).
I do have migraines, and can tolerate a hard headache for much more than 15 minutes.

• Hugs
Reactions: RABITIA, y0dha, 21stcenturycamus and 8 others
Wingspan

Wingspan

Jun 21, 2020
I agree. I tried it, SN + meto + antacid + painkillers, I only took a few sips; barely what I was supposed to take. Still, the pain was like 8/10 for me, but it was more the survival instincts than anything. Heart was beating so fast I could literally see it pumping against my ribcage when I looked in the mirror, ended up throwing up all of it like 15 mins later. Id give it a 7.5/10 on the pain scale; 10 being torture, 1 being a walk in the park.

• Hugs
Reactions: RABITIA, Parnate, rosenwasser and 9 others
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
I agree. I tried it, SN + meto + antacid + painkillers, I only took a few sips; barely what I was supposed to take. Still, the pain was like 8/10 for me, but it was more the survival instincts than anything. Heart was beating so fast I could literally see it pumping against my ribcage when I looked in the mirror, ended up throwing up all of it like 15 mins later. Id give it a 7.5/10 on the pain scale; 10 being torture, 1 being a walk in the park.
Did exprince scr u 2 mch 2 drnk 2nd glss..

Reactions: PeacefulTonic
Wingspan

Wingspan

Jun 21, 2020
Did exprince scr u 2 mch 2 drnk 2nd glss..
Yes, but more than anything it was the taste. It was not as bad as I'd anticipated, oddly enough (since I have hypersensitive taste that makes me gag at most normal foods) but it was just so salty. Admittedly I didn't use two glasses, just one which probably had too much water in it, which contributed to the ineptitude of the plan. I tried sipping but I wasn't getting enough of it down, so I tried big glugs but that just made me heave. I finished about a third of what I was supposed to, and even that had me quite frantic and in physical pain. It was the heart beating that really terrified me, but I should've expected it really. I ended up just throwing it up and going to bed pissed off and disappointed in myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: bed, demuic, miserableforever and 2 others
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
It was the heart beating that really terrified me, but I should've expected it really. I ended up just throwing it up and going to bed pissed off and disappointed in myself.
U nvr knw hw u wll react untl it hppns...

Reactions: little helpers, Yogobro298, bed and 2 others
N

Nolife33

Nov 6, 2021
N Is they way to go

• Love
Reactions: RABITIA, xcaramel, Dead Meat and 1 other person
S

supermario

Experienced
Oct 21, 2021
I've read almost every thread on SN here on SS I think. I'm not convinced it's as peaceful as a 7/10 for most people even if you follow Stan's regime. Having said that, the real question is, relative to other methods, how peaceful is SN? For me, it seems after N, it's still the best way to go. Beggers can't be choosers is the saying.

Reactions: rosenwasser, Shu, little helpers and 8 others
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
The thing is Sodium Nitrite can naturally be digested by the enzymes in your stomach. It's just that in large doses you don't have enough of those enzymes, so neutralization is delayed, and those excess nitrites react with the rich-oxygen blood instead, causing methemoglobinemia, leading to hypoxia. So if doctors were to give you a lot of methanyl blue, those Nitrites can be neutralized pretty quickly and your blood is supplied back with oxygen. Sodium Nitrite itself is not poisonous, the dose makes the poison.

In cases of death by hypoxia, compared to the exit bag method, SN has never been reported to cause permanent brain damage separate from cardiac arrest. So, if you drink SN and go into a cardiac arrest, you have a higher 4% chance of getting brain damage. Most (healthy) people do not get any problem with the heart after ingesting SN, so they will either die or get saved and be fine.
Some people just have lower pain tolerance, average might say it's a 4-6/10 pain, people with higher pain tolerance would have no problem with it. If you're not used to pain, any method will be painful. Just focus on your will to ctb, the pain will be over soon before you know it.
I've read almost every thread on SN here on SS I think. I'm not convinced it's as peaceful as a 7/10 for most people even if you follow Stan's regime. Having said that, the real question is, relative to other methods, how peaceful is SN? For me, it seems after N, it's still the best way to go. Beggers can't be choosers is the saying.
Please, it should be as clear as day that N is the golden ticket. Like, people, SN is just the good enough rip-off. It's an alternative for poor and unmotivated people like me who can't get N.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Tulip<3, little helpers, mightypabster and 5 others
Starryeyes

Starryeyes

Experienced
Sep 22, 2021
I don't think you should sip it. That's like getting a shot of tequila and sipping that. Gross. I'm just guna down it

• Love
Reactions: mightypabster, DarkDg21, littlelungs and 4 others
Bot

Bot

bpd is ruining my life
Aug 8, 2021
im also a bit scared of sn and the racing heart thing plus nausea, I've seen a live ctb and sn was used, it didn't look peaceful at all, nonetheless sn is a realiable method from what I've seen.. still i don't want to feel very nauseous and like my heart is racing:/ i still respect those who found their method and won't argue, im quite sensitive so i prefer a 9/10 10/10 peacefulness method

• Hugs
Reactions: mightypabster, littlelungs, Dead Meat and 1 other person
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
im also a bit scared of sn and the racing heart thing plus nausea, I've seen a live ctb and sn was used, it didn't look peaceful at all, nonetheless sn is a realiable method from what I've seen.. still i don't want to feel very nauseous and like my heart is racing:/ i still respect those who found their method and won't argue, im quite sensitive so i prefer a 9/10 10/10 peacefulness method
Y did ctb nt lk peacfl whn u sw it if dnt mnd askng...

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Is there such a method though? 😞 (Besides exit bag)

Reactions: Bot
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
According to the PPeH, SN is rated 7/10 of peacefulness. To some people, a 3/10 pain is a piece of cake. To some people, a 3/10 pain is torture. That's why read the godddamn guide.

Panic can turn even a physically painless experience into hell on earth. If your SI induces a panic attack, you'll go crazy with fear & pain even before ingesting N, let alone SN. No amount of benzos can calm certain unfortunate people down before & especially during an attempt.

• Love
Reactions: delayedcactus, wanttogetonthebus, little helpers and 12 others
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Panic can turn even a physically painless experience into hell on earth. If your SI induces a panic attack, you'll go crazy with fear & pain even before ingesting N, let alone SN. No amount of benzos can calm certain unfortunate people down before & especially during an attempt.
Th 20 mns aftr takng s.n. tht snds horrifc

Reactions: delayedcactus, Shu, little helpers and 2 others
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Dying is not easy

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: little helpers, Wayfaerer, ThirteenthStep and 9 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I ordered a precursor drug similar to GHB. Im hoping it helps me SI

• Hugs
Reactions: avoid_slow_death, blueclover_., Dead Meat and 1 other person
Lifeless mindset

Lifeless mindset

See you on the other side
Oct 20, 2020
Its sad that this has to be said. I completely agree with this post.

• Hugs
Reactions: mightypabster, avoid_slow_death, demuic and 2 others
A

After Life

Nov 6, 2021
would you do it again? if so what would you change ?

Reactions: PeacefulTonic
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
would you do it again? if so what would you change ?
She's probably too scared. Anxiety people generally have stronger SI. That's why i strongly suggest taking benzos if you have anxiety or low pain tolerance.

Reactions: delayedcactus, Journeytoletgo, PeacefulTonic and 1 other person
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Well N is harder to get and more expensive. SN is cheap and accessible. I don't think the two can be compared. One is a barbiturate that puts you to sleep (forever). The other is a chemical preservative that poisons your cardiovascular system.

SN does not sound peaceful at all but since it is so cheap and easy to get, it is also going to be a popular option. Same reason why hanging is so popular. That's just my two cents.

Reactions: y0dha, little helpers, mightypabster and 6 others
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
Well N is harder to get and more expensive. SN is cheap and accessible. I don't think the two can be compared. One is a barbiturate that puts you to sleep (forever). The other is a chemical preservative that poisons your cardiovascular system.

SN does not sound peaceful at all but since it is so cheap and easy to get, it is also going to be a popular option. Same reason why hanging is so popular. That's just my two cents.
Maybe i'm just tough but i'd take some headaches and nausea over choking and gasping for air with hanging.

Reactions: delayedcactus, mightypabster, PeacefulTonic and 1 other person
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Maybe i'm just tough but i'd take some headaches and nausea over choking and gasping for air with hanging.

If you do it right you start to pass out in seconds. But SI is super high with hanging. It is very hard to complete partial and very hard to attempt full. Drinking nasty stuff does not trigger the same kind of SI response I think.

Reactions: delayedcactus, mightypabster, PeacefulTonic and 1 other person
miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020
Yes, but more than anything it was the taste. It was not as bad as I'd anticipated, oddly enough (since I have hypersensitive taste that makes me gag at most normal foods) but it was just so salty. Admittedly I didn't use two glasses, just one which probably had too much water in it, which contributed to the ineptitude of the plan. I tried sipping but I wasn't getting enough of it down, so I tried big glugs but that just made me heave. I finished about a third of what I was supposed to, and even that had me quite frantic and in physical pain. It was the heart beating that really terrified me, but I should've expected it really. I ended up just throwing it up and going to bed pissed off and disappointed in myself.
That sounds very scary. I suffer from anxiety and the racing heart is already bad as is on a regular day.

• Hugs
Reactions: tiredangelgirl and littlelungs