S

soulreaper

Jun 4, 2020
ordered SN, will come in few weeks hopefully,

first off, cant seem to get antiemetics in uk without prescription, can i use like a travel sickness pill or something? peptobismol or maalox or something similar?

got painkillers, and some antacids like rennie or gaviscol,

hopefully should be enough, just worried about not being able to get proper anti vomit stuff? my stomach is very delicate, i get nausea just driving in a car sometimes, especially on an empty stomach

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
did you ever try zantac? i can get it otc here and i use to take it when everything i ate made my stomach sick

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
This is from Stan's Guide To SN about Antacids:
(I'm assuming I can cut and paste this here since it comes directly from the S.S. Resource Page)

Antacid

The purpose of antacid has nothing to do with quicker absorption of SN. In your stomach there is something called gastric juices, one of the components of this juice is hydrochloric acid (HCL). When SN mixes with HCL, it converts to regular salt (NaCL). There isn't enough HCL in your stomach to convert all the recommended dose, but it will reduce it. Therefore less SN gets passed to the small intestine where the process of actually transferring it into bloodstream starts. The stomach only prepares the food for digestion, it does not absorb it into the bloodstream. So the purpose of antacid is to help reduce that conversion so more SN moves into the small intestine.

You may see that there are conversations regarding complex medications to reduce the amount of stomach acid. It is not necessary. Regular stores and pharmacies will sell easy to obtain medications that cure indigestion and excess stomach acid.

After research, it was found that proton pump inhibitors (PPI) were not useful for the SN process. Nor any other drug that changes the behaviour of your stomach producing acid. You only need something that reduces the stomach acid quickly.

Excess normal salt (NaCl) in your stomach may also produce some stomach discomfort which makes it a good thing to take them.

I'm in a similar situation so I'm hoping this will work. :hug:

S

soulreaper

Jun 4, 2020
So I found a doctor site where I managed to order some Prochlorperazine.... Should come in few days... Just waiting for SN then I'm ready to leave this shit place

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer