D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
some recent sn ctb attempt got me thinking. Is it really that bad? From the reports I have read it seems that it's about 4/10 on the pain scale and then you go unconscious and die. Am I missing something? Someone reported seizures and thrashing around. Ugh, I just don't know about this.

Reactions: reevealeutian, namukari, CW36 and 1 other person
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
is your concern the prospect of failing, or the degree of discomfort?

Reactions: Kerrtu
AnonGermany

AnonGermany

Student
Jul 9, 2023
For me its just so much easier to swallow something than to breathe something. My SI is just too strong for other methods. If theres some pain or misscomfort, then so be it - its already in my System so suck it brain.

Reactions: jar-baby, reevealeutian, Kerrtu and 1 other person
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
For me its just so much easier to swallow something than to breathe something. My SI is just too strong for other methods. If theres some pain or misscomfort, then so be it - its already in my System so suck it brain.
I agree

Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
To me nausea and aches which come with SN are very bearable especially compared to the effects of other methods. Pain medication can also be taken.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
is your concern the prospect of failing, or the degree of discomfort?
I'd say both. I don't wanna wake up from it but also the discomforting symptoms are all over the place

S

Sad Avocado

Those things I've never said
May 27, 2023
Generally SN isn't that bad. But obviously as some people react different to drugs, alcool ecc, SN makes no exception. There are some cases in which the body reacts violently to this substance. You can't really predict this, it depends on your genetic structure. But generally, SN is a pretty peaceful method

Reactions: Kerrtu and reevealeutian
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
through posts on this site and my own personal DMs with my best friend... I don't think SN is as peaceful as many tout it to be. it sounds like it hurts and incites panic. I don't want to completely disregard the method, it'd still be ideal as I have the bare necessities to CTB with it (minus the SN fml).

but yeah. definitely not second to N in my opinion. that would have to go to inert gas or the CO method.

Reactions: reevealeutian, CW36, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Am I missing something?
related threads:

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
From what I've seen, people seem to have varying experiences with it. The worrying thing is- I'm not so sure there's always a pattern as to why some people suffer more than others. Some people seem to follow the protocol but still experience discomfort/ distress.

It's just VERY hard to judge I think. People's pain tolerances are going to vary. It hasn't sounded all that peaceful to me though in some goodbye threads. I think what is almost certain would be to accept the likelihood of feeling nauseous and very likely vomiting- even with the anti-emetic. Tachycardia (racing heart beat) and not feeling like you can get enough oxygen in. Because of how SN kills- those symptoms seem very likely.

I think it's unwise to think you can just take it and definitely just fall asleep peacefully. But then, it is hard to judge just how bad it could get. A lot of the more official guides- PPH seem to suggest discomfort rather than pain. I just don't know and it worries me because it would likely be my method.

Reactions: reevealeutian and Kerrtu
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
It's safe to say that it's no miracle cure! It's a complex and time consuming method. It isn't a particularly quick process either and SI will play it's part. If you're sick, you could well be in trouble both physically and with the authorities. I really don't see it's appeal at all, unless you're comparing it to say immolation or cutting.

Last edited:
Reactions: reevealeutian
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
If I compare SN discomfort, with it's tachycardia, nausea, eventual agonal breathing and finally death to the painful things I've already experienced in my life, I find myself less and less afraid of SN, more confident in its success.

I have factory sealed LW 99.6% reagent grade SN 🐺 - my physical health has been deteriorating rapidly since December. It's going to be lights out quick for me, I anticipate within 10-15 mins. Especially with benzos taken prior.

I'm a shell of a person at this point - I've lost 60lbs +/- since becoming sick. I vomit blood, I digest blood. I've been in and out of ER's. Exhausting. It's been enough already.

J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I'd say both. I don't wanna wake up from it but also the discomforting symptoms are all over the place
On the prospect of failure— I have yet to see a report of a failed attempt where the person a) followed the correct protocol and b) wasn't found within hours of taking SN.

It seems that the failed attempts I see are either done impulsively and/or incorrectly (i.e. low dosage, no AEs/wrong AEs, etc.)

If anyone can point me to an attempt that failed despite protocol being followed and despite the person not being found, I'd appreciate it.

On the degree of discomfort— again, this seems like something that is going to be dependent upon the regimen as I see it. Naturally if the AEs don't work or you don't take them, you'll experience nausea. Yes, you'll experience pain, which is why painkillers have been suggested. None of the pain has ever sounded very extreme to me, and none of it has been long-term in the event of failure, to my knowledge. I'm sure nitrogen and CO are more comfortable but SN is more accessible and requires less setup. I'm open to the idea that it's a bad method— naturally I don't want to fail if I take it— but I still haven't seen sufficient justification for that view.

Last edited: