• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Unknown21

Unknown21

この世界は残酷だ。
Apr 25, 2023
Is it possible for SN to cause tissue damage, leading to gangrene or death of the limbs and the need to amputate them?

I have not heard of any case like this here or anywhere else, but theoretically I think that methemoglobinemia can cause gangrene, because in this case the blood does not carry any oxygen to nourish the body's organs, which causes damage. But I think it is unlikely, but it is still possible.

What do you think, and have you seen a case like this before?

Abyssal

Abyssal

Sorry if I’m being a jerk I’m just stupid
Nov 26, 2023
I can't answer the question but since you asked what we think:

I'd worry more about heart problems, that ones pretty common. There was a case of a lady who cannot run anymore because her heart could stop working properly if she over exerted herself. Closest thing I could come up with to this situation

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
I'd worry more about heart problems, that ones pretty common. There was a case of a lady who cannot run anymore because her heart could stop working properly if she over exerted herself. Closest thing I could come up with to this situation
Yeah, I agree with this, more than anything, SN may cause cardiovascular issues if you survive after treatment and this is why people who already have cardiovascular or Pulmonary issues are more likely to have toxicity of sn exacerbated. Having learned a bit about the impact on SN on the heart since i already have heart issues which means I'm more likely die after taking sn, id say you'd have more to worry about than anything related to gangrene.

With that said, Gangrene is a condition that occurs when there is a lack of blood supply to tissues, leading to tissue death. In cases of SN intoxication, the primary mechanism of harm is through the conversion of hemoglobin to methemoglobin, which reduces the blood's ability to carry oxygen, resulting in systemic hypoxia.

While severe and prolonged hypoxia can indeed lead to tissue damage and potentially organ failure, the rapid onset and acute nature of SN intoxication typically do not allow for the development of gangrene. The immediate effects of sodium nitrite poisoning often manifest as cyanosis (bluish discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes), metabolic acidosis, respiratory distress, and cardiovascular collapse.

In cases where SN poisoning leads to death, it is more likely due to severe systemic effects such as respiratory failure or cardiovascular collapse (Cardiac arrest) rather than the development of gangrene.

Therefore, while tissue hypoxia from sn intoxication can have serious implications for overall health and survival, the chances of developing gangrene specifically as a direct result of this type of poisoning are minimal.

Last edited:
Abyssal

Abyssal

Sorry if I’m being a jerk I’m just stupid
Nov 26, 2023
Yeah, I agree with this, more than anything, SN may cause cardiovascular issues if you survive after treatment and this is why people who already have cardiovascular or Pulmonary issues are more likely to have toxicity of sn exacerbated. Having learned a bit about the impact on SN on the heart since i already have heart issues which means I'm more likely die after taking sn, id say you'd have more to worry about than anything related to gangrene.

With that said, Gangrene is a condition that occurs when there is a lack of blood supply to tissues, leading to tissue death. In cases of SN intoxication, the primary mechanism of harm is through the conversion of hemoglobin to methemoglobin, which reduces the blood's ability to carry oxygen, resulting in systemic hypoxia.

While severe and prolonged hypoxia can indeed lead to tissue damage and potentially organ failure, the rapid onset and acute nature of SN intoxication typically do not allow for the development of gangrene. The immediate effects of sodium nitrite poisoning often manifest as cyanosis (bluish discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes), metabolic acidosis, respiratory distress, and cardiovascular collapse.

In cases where SN poisoning leads to death, it is more likely due to severe systemic effects such as respiratory failure or cardiovascular collapse (Cardiac arrest) rather than the development of gangrene.

Therefore, while tissue hypoxia from sn intoxication can have serious implications for overall health and survival, the chances of developing gangrene specifically as a direct result of this type of poisoning are minimal.
Thanks mate, always trust you to know the facts.