hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
my planned method is SN so far.

basically my only concern is the death rattle sound. i live with others and the closest person to me at night sleeps about 30-40 feet away i guess. my door is always closed but they keep theirs open.
when i ctb would they hear it? how long would it last? i was considering burying my face under some pillows or something. would it help with the noise?
another thing i considered was starting to put on white noise every night, that way it won't be weird if i just suddenly turn it on one day, i'm doing it in about a month.

it's my only concern, but if somebody does find me i feel like chances of surviving after that are pretty low. could they just think it's snoring?

ugh so many questions
what do you guys think?

Reactions: UnwillingSavior
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
uneducated answer here but with how often we get confirmed cases of people being found after losing consciousness, expect it to be loud. Better safe than sorry.

• Love
Reactions: DeadHead, UnwillingSavior and hi-okbye
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Is it possible to book a hotel room?

Reactions: doormat25 and hi-okbye
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
No experience with death rattles. But if death rattles can be noisy and sound weird. I wouldn't risk it if you have other options. But thats just me though.

Last edited:
Reactions: hi-okbye
D

Deleted member 65988

This girl managed to ctb in a mental hospital with what I think was SN; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-64305822

I think surrounding yourself with pillows, blankets etc, might limit noise possibly?
Just how loud can it get because it's similar to snoring, not screaming to have anyone alert to the fact that you are in pain or trouble. How would the average person even know its a death rattle to begin with. It's also about how long does it last because this isn't death by terminal illness where the death rattle could go on for a while but death with sn which normally takes about 40 mins or so.

Looking at some descriptions of @LetzteAusfahrt ctb which was watched by some users like @WornOutLife, there's no mention of a death rattle or gurgling like sound. Although the same can't be said for @Stubbe ctb. There's also @all_pointless whose ctb got shared and there wasn't any description of a death rattle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fulminare, UnwillingSavior, losing hope and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

Thnk sh/ ws stll awke whn stff knw abt hr ingestng - jst thnk thy cld nt sve hr
Wait they knew about her ingestion of sn but could not save her, they must've had no Methelyne blue in stock

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Wait they knew about her ingestion of sn but could not save her, they must've had no Methelyne blue in stock

SN deth cn happn withn 40 mns - amblnce wld nd t/ arrve & thn gt hr t/ ER & hve th/ methlyn blu adminstrd b4 thn -- thy mght nt hve knwn wht sh/ tk

B-ing dscovrd wll sve ppl bt nt evry1

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, hi-okbye and losing hope
L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
How would the average person even know its a death rattle to begin with. It's also about how long does it last because this isn't death by terminal illness where the death rattle could go on for a while but death with sn which normally takes about 40 mins or so.

You can actually see the death rattle from Ayrton Senna's fatal crash in F1. See 29 seconds into this vid;

It's a very slight movement of the head & it lasts only a few seconds. Also notice there were people around Senna's car (fire & medical personnel) who didn't seem to notice that death rattle. But then F1 cars were loud back then & there were 23 other cars flying past at that moment.

I've studied this incident more than you could possibly imagine & Senna was killed instantly on impact of that crash by a piece of suspension piecing his head just above his right eye. Indeed many onlookers who didn't know about the death rattle, assumed that slight movement of head was a sign Senna was still alive. Whilst he was killed immediately the authorities didn't declare his death until some 4 hours later (to keep the race & TV schedules going).

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: mungbean, Leavesfromthevine, Sylveon and 4 others
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
You can actually see the death rattle from Ayrton Senna's fatal crash in F1. See 29 seconds into this vid;

It's a very slight movement of the head & it lasts only a few seconds. Also notice there were people around Senna's car (fire & medical personnel) who didn't seem to notice that death rattle. But then F1 cars were loud back then & there were 23 other cars flying past at that moment.

I've studied this incident more than you could possibly imagine & Senna was killed instantly on impact of that crash by a piece of suspension piecing his head just above his right eye. Indeed many onlookers who didn't know about the death rattle, assumed that slight movement of head was a sign Senna was still alive. Whilst he was killed immediately the authorities didn't declare his death until some 4 hours later (to keep the race & TV schedules going).

very intresting thank you for this.
rip to him though :( i'm glad it was instant at least so he didn't feel too much hopefully.

listening to some audios i'm trying to gauge. from what i hear it almost sounds like a congested snore.

Reactions: DeadHead, Deleted member 65988 and losing hope
L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
very intresting thank you for this.
rip to him though :( i'm glad it was instant at least so he didn't feel too much hopefully.
One way to die painless & instantly that. Drive an old F1 car (i.e. pre 1990's) into a wall at 150mph+.

Reactions: mungbean and hi-okbye
Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
I've witnessed death rattles on 2 occasions during my time in the military. Once overseas and once on post after the brutal knockout of a drunk soldier trying to start fights in the barracks. The sound was no different than a loud snore with one exception. A snore is usually loud during the inhale and quiet during the exhale, for the most part. The death rattle was loud on both inhale and exhale, with a slight hint of fluid, like someone gargling mouthwash, but not quite. My friend who I experienced dying overseas eventually passed after being medivac'd from our location. The soldier from the barracks was in glascow 3 when doc arrived, he started basic resuscitation, eventually EMT's showed up and stabilized him long enough to get him to AMC where he recovered.

You can play music and drown the sound out easily in a hotel room, no one will know the difference. But at home, if people know you're not a snorer and happen to hear you over the sound of your music, or television, they may come and check on you. Especially if they're familiar with what a death rattle is, which is rare.

• Hugs
Reactions: losing hope, Rogue Proxy, WonderingSoul and 2 others
D

Deleted member 65988

SN deth cn happn withn 40 mns - amblnce wld nd t/ arrve & thn gt hr t/ ER & hve th/ methlyn blu adminstrd b4 thn -- thy mght nt hve knwn wht sh/ tk

B-ing dscovrd wll sve ppl bt nt evry1
Very true. In the same document I've shared on this forum of 5 different cases of people who've taken different doses of sn with the intent to ctb, of those the three that were fatal, they were on their way to hospital before they rapidly deteriorated. And that's another very crucial, contrary to what people believe that because your blue, they'll figure it out on thier own, they need as much information as possible to establish a proper diagnosis and just how to treat it because not every medical professional has seen sn poisoning, it's still a rare method after all. So leaving a bottle out at the scene could help er narrow down what you took and how to treat it once you get the hospital.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
I've witnessed death rattles on 2 occasions during my time in the military. Once overseas and once on post after the brutal knockout of a drunk soldier trying to start fights in the barracks. The sound was no different than a loud snore with one exception. A snore is usually loud during the inhale and quiet during the exhale, for the most part. The death rattle was loud on both inhale and exhale, with a slight hint of fluid, like someone gargling mouthwash, but not quite. My friend who I experienced dying overseas eventually passed after being medivac'd from our location. The soldier from the barracks was in glascow 3 when doc arrived, he started basic resuscitation, eventually EMT's showed up and stabilized him long enough to get him to AMC where he recovered.

You can play music and drown the sound out easily in a hotel room, no one will know the difference. But at home, if people know you're not a snorer and happen to hear you over the sound of your music, or television, they may come and check on you. Especially if they're familiar with what a death rattle is, which is rare.
thank you for this. i'm sorry you had to witness that.
do you think some white noise plus covering myself with pillows/blankets would work?
Very true. In the same document I've shared on this forum of 5 different cases of people who've taken different doses of sn with the intent to ctb, of those the three that were fatal, they were on their way to hospital before they rapidly deteriorated. And that's another very crucial, contrary to what people believe that because your blue, they'll figure it out on thier own, they need as much information as possible to establish a proper diagnosis and just how to treat it because not every medical professional has seen sn poisoning, it's still a rare method after all. So leaving a bottle out at the scene could help er narrow down what you took and how to treat it once you get the hospital.
i was planing to only leave out what i needed. even transferring it from it's original packaging so no one knows where it came from (hoping to keep the source safe).
would it be easy to know what it was if a little was left behind in the cup or something.

D

Deleted member 65988

i was planing to only leave out what i needed. even transferring it from it's original packaging so no one knows where it came from (hoping to keep the source safe).
would it be easy to know what it was if a little was left behind in the cup or something.
Maybe the bottle after you measure out and mix the sn drinks. Also possibly remove the original packaging, anything that can be traced back to the source. Well, it depends how well the sn has dissolved in the water, when I mixed my sn, it look more just like normal water with a slight pale yellow color to it. Unless there's something visible such as crystalline residue in the cup then I'd say they may not know unless there's a clear indication as to what it is.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
Maybe the bottle after you measure out and mix the sn drinks. Also possibly remove the original packaging, anything that can be traced back to the source. Well, it depends how well the sn has dissolved in the water, when I mixed my sn, it look more just like normal water with a slight pale yellow color to it. Unless there's something visible such as crystalline residue in the cup then I'd say they may not know unless there's a clear indication as to what it is.
i'm planning to separate the SN into several containers and hide them around my house, so even if i do survive, i'll have more to use.
once i separate them completly, i'm going to shred the original packaging, put it in a tiny bag, and put it at the bottom of the trash bag, so by the time i ctb it'll be long gone.
when i do end up ctbing, i'll make a container filled with only the amount i need, then hide the rest again.
i'll keep that as a note to mix it really well. thank you for the info.

D

Deleted member 65988

i'm planning to separate the SN into several containers and hide them around my house, so even if i do survive, i'll have more to use.
once i separate them completly, i'm going to shred the original packaging, put it in a tiny bag, and put it at the bottom of the trash bag, so by the time i ctb it'll be long gone.
when i do end up ctbing, i'll make a container filled with only the amount i need, then hide the rest again.
i'll keep that as a note to mix it really well. thank you for the info.
You sure that'll work because they may ransack the house while you are in hospital or something if they feel like there could be more than what you had for this attempt, in the event you wish to try again should you fail. That would be my greatest concern should I manage to hide my sn.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
You sure that'll work because they may ransack the house while you are in hospital or something if they feel like there could be more than what you had for this attempt, in the event you wish to try again should you fail. That would be my greatest concern should I manage to hide my sn.
could be, but when i say hidden, i mean hidden. like in ways where if you knocked the house down, you still might not find it. i'll probably leave the main jar somewhat hidden in my room, so after a bit of deep searching they'll find it. that way if i do survive, or even if i die, that's all they think is left. if they find the others after i pass, i don't really care.

D

Deleted member 65988

could be, but when i say hidden, i mean hidden. like in ways where if you knocked the house down, you still might not find it. i'll probably leave the main jar somewhat hidden in my room, so after a bit of deep searching they'll find it. that way if i do survive, or even if i die, that's all they think is left. if they find the others after i pass, i don't really care.
Hmmm fair enough. It's a good plan all around provided it's as well hidden as you say but if you do ctb then you won't need to worry about that. I doubt they'll go through that much trouble to find whatever sn you have left unless they get ahold of information that points to the source of the SN.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Death rattle aside, vomiting too can be noisy and while we'd all like to imagine we would be calm in our final moments I've seen more than enough sudden panics from users. If you don't want to be saved at all costs, soundproof where you can.

兎の耳

兎の耳

The ghost of a girl who never lived.
Aug 3, 2023
Healthcare worker here. Death is violent and messy. There is a good chance someone will notice. Trust me, I've seen enough people in various stages of dying.

• Informative
Reactions: Abyssal, hi-okbye and dggtscccvfd
D

Deleted member 65988

Death rattle aside, vomiting too can be noisy and while we'd all like to imagine we would be calm in our final moments I've seen more than enough sudden panics from users. If you don't want to be saved at all costs, soundproof where you can.
Soundproof? And how is anyone supposed to do that in their respective situation. If you don't want to be saved at all costs then regardless of whether there's sound proofing or not which isn't the majority of what people can do, make sure you are not in a position to be found too soon after ingesting sn and even then, make sure it's something you can go through with. People have taken sn in cars, busses, bathrooms, kitchens and even in temples, not exactly soudproof in any respect.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Soundproof? And how is anyone supposed to do that in their respective situations. If you don't want to be saved at all costs thej regardless of whether there's sound proofing or not which isn't the majority of what people can do, make sure you are not in a position to be found too soon after ingesting sn and even then, make sure it's something you can go through with.
I see your point, however I was referring to things like placing towels in cracks of a door, playing music to drown out noise, etc. It'd be wrong to say that all members who have ctb did so in secluded areas, many of which did it at hotels with the fear that someone could hear through the door. I can't say I totally get it, maybe it has something to do with keeping up the act of being okay or something? Regardless, there are means to stifle sound and those can make all the difference.

• Love
Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
thank you for this. i'm sorry you had to witness that.
do you think some white noise plus covering myself with pillows/blankets would work?.
I think so, yes. Just the background noise alone should suffice. But anything overtop that doesn't make you more uncomfortable than you'll already be should muffle the sound as well.

• Love
D

Deleted member 65988

I see your point, however I was referring to things like placing towels in cracks of a door, playing music to drown out noise, etc. It'd be wrong to say that all members who have ctb did so in secluded areas, many of which did it at hotels with the fear that someone could hear through the door. I can't say I totally get it, maybe it has something to do with keeping up the act of being okay or something? Regardless, there are means to stifle sound and those can make all the difference.
Well again, that really isn't going to do much to make a significant difference between being heard and not being heard. Playing music may help but i don't know how much of that would be helpful. Majority of people who've taken sn had no choice but to make do with what they had and that means even going so far as to risk doing it right in their bedroom with their parents or relatives home which is a big NO on this forum but again, desperation can triumph over the need to be precise and careful.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd and hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
i've been through all types of vomiting, projectile, self induced, etc. and i'm really not too worried about the sound it'll make. mine is somewhat quiet usually. i've also taught myself how to do it quietly (back when i had an eating disorder).

i've also had REALLY horrid drinks. things that tasted absoloutly gut wrenching, and in every experience i remember i was able to keep it down. through just determination sometimes i was able to keep stuff down, and not even for ctb. adding the determination of ctb i'm not too worried about the vomiting.

i really appreciate your advice though.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and Abyssal
D

Deleted member 65988

i've been through all types of vomiting, projectile, self induced, etc. and i'm really not too worried about the sound it'll make. mine is somewhat quiet usually. i've also taught myself how to do it quietly (back when i had an eating disorder).
Interesting, Does it have something to do with suppressing your gag reflex?

things that tasted absoloutly gut wrenching, and in every experience i remember i was able to keep it down. through just determination sometimes i was able to keep stuff down, and not even for ctb. adding the determination of ctb i'm not too worried about the vomiting.
Well since SN is mostly very salty then maybe you'll be able to deal with it

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
Interesting, Does it have something to do with suppressing your gag reflex?
yes i believe so. that gag is what makes most of the noise in my experience, but for me it just comes out, no gag really.
Well since SN is mostly very salty then maybe you'll be able to deal with it
that's good, i heard on a thread a bit back that it also had a chemically taste, but that person mixed it with coca cola so i'm not sure if that effected the taste (probably).
i regularly swish around salt water in my mouth, as it helps with ulcers i get due to anxiety. so i' pretty hopeful. thank you for your response :)

D

Deleted member 65988

that's good, i heard on a thread a bit back that it also had a chemically taste, but that person mixed it with coca cola so i'm not sure if that effected the taste (probably).
Yeap, some users have done so but it still didn't change the taste much according to them. I think the reaction to the taste of SN comes down to how sensitive one is to really salty things, hence why for some it wasn't something they couldn't handle while others have said its the absolute worst thing you'll ever taste.

yes i believe so. that gag is what makes most of the noise in my experience, but for me it just comes out, no gag really.
Ah yeah that's true. Now that curiosity has struck me, what's the absolutely worse thing you've ever tasted?