RegretedFeeling

RegretedFeeling

Student
Mar 21, 2021
after trying like 100 sites searching for a way to get it to me I found this,

Hospital Readiness to Use the Antidote Methylene Blue
ISMP Canada became aware of incidents that described an immediate need for methylene blue as an antidote to treat methemoglobinemia (resulting from sodium nitrate/nitrite exposure). In these urgent situations, there was confusion as to its availability and dosing, resulting in delays in administration.
Information about methylene blue dosing and administration, adverse effects, and monitoring parameters can be found on the Canadian Antidote Guide in Acute Care Toxicology website:1 https://www.ciusss-capitalenationale.gouv.qc.ca/methylene-blue?lang=en
Recommendations for Hospitals
• Verify that an adequate supply of methylene blue is available in the emergency department. A minimum of 10 x 50 mg vials may be needed in a 24-hour period to treat a 70 kg person.1
• Ensure that staff are familiar with the location of the antidote stock and have readily available information to support its use.
• Contact the provincial/territorial poison centre for additional patient care guidance, if considering the use of methylene blue.
after trying like 100 sites searching for a way to get it to me I found this,

Hospital Readiness to Use the Antidote Methylene Blue
ISMP Canada became aware of incidents that described an immediate need for methylene blue as an antidote to treat methemoglobinemia (resulting from sodium nitrate/nitrite exposure). In these urgent situations, there was confusion as to its availability and dosing, resulting in delays in administration.
Information about methylene blue dosing and administration, adverse effects, and monitoring parameters can be found on the Canadian Antidote Guide in Acute Care Toxicology website:1 https://www.ciusss-capitalenationale.gouv.qc.ca/methylene-blue?lang=en
Recommendations for Hospitals
• Verify that an adequate supply of methylene blue is available in the emergency department. A minimum of 10 x 50 mg vials may be needed in a 24-hour period to treat a 70 kg person.1
• Ensure that staff are familiar with the location of the antidote stock and have readily available information to support its use.
• Contact the provincial/territorial poison centre for additional patient care guidance, if considering the use of methylene blue.
Maybe we could add it to the wiki