• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

Jack

Jul 22, 2018
I don't have access to metoclopramide or any prescription antiemetics. Gonna use ginger if i cant figure anything else out before hand. A gram of ginger 48 hours before hand and a gram of ginger the day of. Is that dosage effective? Are there any other non prescription drugs\plants to take on top of/ instead of the ginger? Thanks.

kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
Dimenhydrinate is not enough according to some, so ginger definitely won't be. It's okay if you end up vomiting, though. All you need to prepare for that scenario is to make a second glass of SN to take after vomiting. If anything, I want to say that dimenhydrinate is normally OTC and more effective than ginger.

I'll note that I've failed an attempt (due to being found and put on an antidote) and vomiting SN felt like vomiting any other substance for me. It's not that bad. I prepped a second glass and ended up not drinking it but I still nearly died.

J

Jack

Jul 22, 2018
I remember reading a post at one point that ginger effects dopamine where as OTC antiemetics do not. Im gonna go in the woods in a tent so I don't expect ill be found.

Reactions: Freelyffe88
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
I remember reading a post at one point that ginger effects dopamine where as OTC antiemetics do not. Im gonna go in the woods in a tent so I don't expect ill be found.
Interesting observation. On a quick search it appears that ginger does raise the levels of dopamine in the brain.

J

Jack

Jul 22, 2018
I was actually thinking of using a ginger mint afterwards to both mask the taste and settle the stomach. Great minds I guess~
Idk if just a ginger mint, or any amount of ginger taken afterwords, will have an effect. It probably just has a little bit of ginger extract mixed with sugar but idk your mints composition.

• Love
Reactions: Moon Flower
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
Idk if just a ginger mint, or any amount of ginger taken afterwords, will have an effect. It probably just has a little bit of ginger extract mixed with sugar but idk your mints composition.
Yeah, you were right, just checked the ingredients list: Organic Cane Sugar, Water, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Ginger Oil, Organic Maple Syrup, Organic Ground Ginger Root, Agar, Gum Tragacanth.
Well so much for that idea~

Reactions: Jack
J

Jack

Jul 22, 2018
Yeah, you were right, just checked the ingredients list: Organic Cane Sugar, Water, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Ginger Oil, Organic Maple Syrup, Organic Ground Ginger Root, Agar, Gum Tragacanth.
Spices are easy to shoplift, also fairly cheap to buy a little bit of ground ginger.

• Love
Reactions: Moon Flower
M

Moon Flower

Oct 14, 2019
Spices are easy to shoplift, also fairly cheap to buy a little bit of ground ginger.
I might have to try it too, I love ginger and if it can make ctb more comfortable I'm all for it

Reactions: Euthanza
J

Jack

Jul 22, 2018
Not sure if it needs to be fresh but I'm not gonna bother getting it fresh.
I might have to try it too, I love ginger and if it can make ctb more comfortable I'm all for it
Id rather go with the Meto but Idk where to get it online without prescription, dont know how darknet works, and wanna do this sooner rather than later.

kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
Id rather go with the Meto but Idk where to get it online without prescription, dont know how darknet works, and wanna do this sooner rather than later.
Lie to your GP. Say you have motion sickness that's unresolved with ginger or dimenhydrinate. Really try to hammer it in that you're struggling with it. Or you can say you have reflux, but then you're more likely to get an antacid.

M

Moon Flower

Oct 14, 2019

I used to get this awful stomach flu type thing where I had to go to urgent care and they had to give me injections of zofran and they'd also give me a script. You could probably say something like that happened to you before as well and know zofran/meto works and you think it'd benefit you to have on hand in case it ever happens again if you see a new doctor

Last edited:
J

Jack

Jul 22, 2018
Lie to your GP. Say you have motion sickness that's unresolved with ginger or dimenhydrinate. Really try to hammer it in that you're struggling with it. Or you can say you have reflux, but then you're more likely to get an antacid.
I dont have a general practitioner, or health insurance.

• Hugs
Reactions: kohaku
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
I dont have a general practitioner, or health insurance.
Sorry to hear. If it's any help I hear online pharmacies from India sell meto without prescription so that narrows it down.

J

Jack

Jul 22, 2018
I used to get this awful stomach flu type thing where I had to go to urgent care and they had to give me injections of zofran and they'd also give me a script. You could probably say something like that happened to you before as well and know zofran/meto works and you think it'd benefit you to have on hand in case it ever happens again if you see a new doctor

Sorry to hear. If it's any help I hear online pharmacies from India sell meto without prescription so that narrows it down.
If anyone knows of one of these pharmacies please let me know because i cant find them.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Ginger absolutely will not help. It is not an antiemetic. Ginger can ease normal, everyday nausea, but it doesn't prevent vomiting even when you aren't poisoned.

J

Jack

Jul 22, 2018
Ginger absolutely will not help. It is not an antiemetic. Ginger can ease normal, everyday nausea, but it doesn't prevent vomiting even when you aren't poisoned.
Are you guessing? Someone posted a study here about cancer patients taking it for nausea.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Are you guessing? Someone posted a study here about cancer patients taking it for nausea.
I'm not, in fact.

I've had cancer and undergone chemo.

I've been pregnant with 8 months of vomiting that landed me in the hospital several times.

I have gastroparesis and chronic pancreatitis, and I vomit or am extremely nauseous multiple times a day.

Ginger did not work at all for any of those things. Neither did peppermint, which is another natural remedy for upset stomach. I've tried it all.

I'm currently taking Zofran and Reglan (Meto) daily. When it gets real bad, I have to get IV Zofran and Phenergan. Zyprexa, Zofran, and Compazine were the main antiemetics during chemo. Nothing otc or natural touched that kind of nausea and vomiting, and several of those weren't enough even.

Of course, everyone is different and maybe will have varying results, but I'm pretty confident here.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I don't think ginger will work. While ginger helps with a basic upset stomach, it probably won't keep someone from vomiting after consuming SN. If I'm correct, ginger works for these basic issues because of its anti-inflammatory properties. However, to prevent SN vomiting, one needs a dopamine antagonist. Meto, as well as some antipsychotics, have this effect. This is why they are recommended for the SN regimen.

J

Jack

Jul 22, 2018
The post I was thinking of that i read here specifically said ginger was a dopamine antagonist.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
It's probably not strong enough if a regular antiemetic isn't even good enough. It has to be the dopamine antagonist specific ones or whatever it's called

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Oh, another thing worth mentioning is that ginger supposedly increases stomach acid and might interfere with antacids.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Gonna use ginger if i cant figure anything else
I can't say if it will be helpful or not... but I'd test taking the dose of ginger you expect to use several days beforehand.

Sometimes having a lot of ginger actually makes me ill --- and you don't want it to work against you (especially if your body isn't accustomed to it). So test...

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
It won't do anything. Most people vomit with or without antiemetics

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I like ginger and am thinking the 50 g. of water with the SN could be ginger tea. Thank you for a good idea!

Reactions: Euthanza
K

krk1110

Sep 14, 2018

I was able to get it in amazon easily without prescription. You can get the meto equivalent named Primperan online
When I taste tested N, I tried several things to get rid of that bitterness on my tongue. It might sound silly but eating cheese puffcorn helped me get rid of that taste quickly, after rinsing mouth. So I decided that I make sure I've a packet of that ready when I do ctb.

I guess no one can control the vomiting reflex even with an antiemetic as long as you feel a terrible taste in the mouth

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
You can get a mouth numbing spray that dentists use on ebay.

rosedavinci

rosedavinci

Jan 20, 2021
e that I've failed an attempt (due to being found and put on an antidote) and vomiting SN felt like vomiting any other substance for me. It's not that ba
Did you have to go to the hospital? Did it burn your throat at all?