B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I thought SN was relatively safe in terms of long term effects if we fail but now after this thread I am super confused
I was 100% sure it doesn't have any long term effects at all because everybody seemed to believe it

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Where's @Quarky00 this is his job, lol anyway here is a list of failed SN attempts, who survived to tell there tale.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: LifeQuitter2018 and _Minsk
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
What do you believe now?
I personally wouldn't mess with it another time. Only when my benzos arrive and I am ready. I don't believe you will become a vegetable but definitely won't benefit your health
I don't know maybe it will go away, I still have time until 27 when I will get my benzos so I will keep you updated
I think with Xanax it would be blissful

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost10
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
I don't know exactly something around maybe 2 or 3 gramm I just poured a bit on the tablespoon from the bottle can't measure precisely
But experience itself was quite good I repeat. I can classify it almost as high
What kind of high was it comparable to.

Last edited:
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
What can of high was it comparable to.
Maybe high is overstated but like the feeling when you are drifting to sleep
I was afraid of suffocating but it was definitely not the case as I understood SN tricks your body and suffocates you on cellular level

Last edited:
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
im Going to have to duck out of this thread. While any method of depriving the body of oxygen will result in lack of O2 at the cellular level. However, I don't think this is what you mean. I believe you are referring to things such as cyanide or h2s which interfere with cellular respiration. This is NOT the case with SN.

I will summarize my thoughts one final time. The number of reports of survival is extremely small from a medical perspective, though the number may seem large. Of the few reports, most do not report acute issues after recovery. ANY method of death by oxygen deprivation carries a risk of brain damage in a certain window.

Reactions: amygdala, littlelady774, canihavepeaceforonce and 6 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Hi,
The nurse I know claims that if you try SN method you could end up with brain damage and become a "plant" wallowing in your own filth.
I don't believe her, any thoughts please?
SN works in much the same way as carbon monoxide: it binds to hemoglobin, so the hemoglobin can't carry oxygen, and the lack of oxygen then kills you. Carbon monoxide, in a large but not quite fatal dose, can certainly result in serious brain damage. That is well documented. So I would have though that there must be at least some possibility that SN could do the same. However, I have not researched this, and I don't know whether with SN we are talking about a significant danger or just a remote theoretical risk that is unlikely to happen in practice.

Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt and IrRegularjoe
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Both CO and SN intoxication show similar effects on T2 weighted MRI in the globus palidus in the brain, which is Very susceptible to O2 deprivation. As with CO, SN carries a risk of brain damage, though the window is small.

a plastic bag over the head from 0-4 or 5 minutes usually doesn't result in long term damage. From 5 or so minutes to 7 or 10 means almost certain damage or death much beyond that is just death. There isn't a giant window, but it exists.

Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt
Linkous M

Linkous M

Sparklehorse
Aug 29, 2020
Where's @Quarky00 this is his job, lol anyway here is a list of failed SN attempts, who survived to tell there tale.

Cheers

Geo
I supposed that the most part of the cases listed was unsuccessful because of the method. I am sure that pph method or Stan method are reliables.

Cheers

Geo
By the way thank you for the great information!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumper Geo
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
Wanna know the solution to your problem?

Take SN and lay down on the train track and time it so you'll be unconscious when the train decapitates you.

No way you'll be a plant. Unless you move on the track but I bet superglue on your neck takes care of it.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
im Going to have to duck out of this thread. While any method of depriving the body of oxygen will result in lack of O2 at the cellular level. However, I don't think this is what you mean. I believe you are referring to things such as cyanide or h2s which interfere with cellular respiration. This is NOT the case with SN.

I will summarize my thoughts one final time. The number of reports of survival is extremely small from a medical perspective, though the number may seem large. Of the few reports, most do not report acute issues after recovery. ANY method of death by oxygen deprivation carries a risk of brain damage in a certain window.
I always figured for the most part that people were right and it didn't cause brain damage. But if you're like 1 second away from dying then I don't see why it couldnt. Your organs are basically all dead at this point and you're just waiting that last second for it to finish off. But it's like you said, a really really small, almost impossible to hit, sized window.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
According to Wikipedia, SN causes methemoglobinemia, wherein the blood continues to carry normal levels of oxygen, but cannot release it to target cells. This includes brain cells, so they will presumably be deprived of oxygen. So, there must surely be a risk of brain damage if one survives an attempt. But the risk may be small, and/or, brain damage may occur, but go unnoticed because it's too minor to produce noticeable changes.

Wikipedia mentions that there is a protective enzyme system in the blood which is able to rapidly convert methemoglobin back into hemoglobin, which may explain why the risk of serious damage is low. But this system may be overwhelmed.

Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I've found a lot of them are kind of know-it-alls who rely on their career to prop up their self-image.
I found nurses to be some of the most f'd up people of all.

Reactions: Lost10, WearyWanderer, littlelady774 and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I found nurses to be some of the most f'd up people of all.
I had a nurse give me a needle outside of a hospital because he was my step father's friend. Not quite as bad as it sounds. It was just a flu shot but their method and malpractice made it so I'll probably never get a needle again even if that means death is the other option. At least before then I would try and typically fail but not the point. That was my only bad expeicence with a nurse though. Then there was the doctor that said I was going to die if they didn't fix me but wouldn't give me what I requested so they sent me to another hospital and I explained the situation and what the doctor said and then I was fine in under half an hour. :meh: all I wanted was to not feel any pain because they were removing a toothpick the size of 2 fingers side by side... So about an inch...that had been in my foot for 6 months.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I had a nurse give me a needle outside of a hospital because he was my step father's friend. Not quite as bad as it sounds. It was just a flu shot but their method and malpractice made it so I'll probably never get a needle again even if that means death is the other option. At least before then I would try and typically fail but not the point. That was my only bad expeicence with a nurse though. Then there was the doctor that said I was going to die if they didn't fix me but wouldn't give me what I requested so they sent me to another hospital and I explained the situation and what the doctor said and then I was fine in under half an hour. :meh: all I wanted was to not feel any pain because they were removing a toothpick the size of 2 fingers side by side... So about an inch...that had been in my foot for 6 months.
yes I despise most doctors I've known. Just the scum of the earth most of them.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
yes I despise most doctors I've known. Just the scum of the earth most of them.
I wanted to be a doctor when I was little. Then realization hit me in the face that I can't save everyone. I didn't think I could emotionally handle that so now I'm going to be a baker. Talk about a major career change lol.

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
Allow me to ask you which variants of the SN methods you know
So far I have known drinking, rectally and intravenously

I took small doses several times and it was never torture.

Please only spread facts, no fairy tales

There are no medical reports that NS is neurotoxic.

Nitrite is also ingested in small amounts with food and has the same effect as "our" NS.

The body can reverse the effect with these small amounts.
How much did you take?
I think I added Parkinson disease after SN

Last edited:
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
The biggest red flag I've seen here is saying there is more than one SN method.
Maybe.. rubbing it gently into your hair? Mixing it in lotion and applying it all over your skin? Ooh, ooh I know, marinating your steak with 25 gm of SN and enjoying your barbecue. Then you wash it down with a glass of meto.

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I think people on the forum must stop advertising it like method without consequences. I think it is similar to carbon monoxide in terms of side effects

CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
Seriously guys don't try if you don't want to suicide
This is the best advice ever. Don't try a poison that can kill you unless you want to die. That should be obvious to most but apparently it's not. It's like saying, don't jump from the burj Khalifa unless you want to die. Then someone "tries" to jump from 5 stories to see what it would feel like.

Guess what, it will feel like broken bones. Please plan your ctb properly to ensure that you get it right and that you're not found. If you attempt suicide at a place when you can be found, you're not ready yet. Give it time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lost10, canihavepeaceforonce and Flump
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Fear spreads ignorance. Don't believe everything you hear, and always do your own research. Realistically I would go in assuming anything intended to kill us will mess us up to at least a minimal degree if we fail. Basically, best not to attempt suicide unless you're willing to keep trying till you are successful. If you have -any- slight doubt or hesitation don't try suicide.

• Love
Reactions: LonelyNick
chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
I don't know exactly something around maybe 2 or 3 gramm I just poured a bit on the tablespoon from the bottle can't measure precisely
But experience itself was quite good I repeat. I can classify it almost as high
Why would you do that? 3 grams is considered a lethal dose. I wouldn't fuck around with anything under 20 grams

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
Why would you do that? 3 grams is considered a lethal dose. I wouldn't fuck around with anything under 20 grams
I was very impulsive like fuck it lets try what awaits me

Reactions: Meditation guide
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I got my benzos still deciding on when and how to proceed

killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
I know this thread is old and I'm sorry for the dumb question, but if someone is saved after x hours of SN ingestion and end up with severe brain damage (vegetable) how would we know? I doubt they'll be able to report it again here.