• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

Johnjohn1

Student
Nov 7, 2020
I weigh a hundred and eighty-five pounds. When I weigh SN on my digital scale, 3 teaspoons equates to 19 Grams. 3 teaspoons doesn't seem like it's enough. I read on a previous sodium nitrite thread that one teaspoon equals 5.7 grams. I have two digital scales and they both measure 19 grams for 3 teaspoons. Are there variances in terms of weight by different brands of sodium nitrite? I definitely don't want to ta
ke too little of it and end up waking up with even more suffering. I have very bad chronic pain and neurological injuries from Lyme disease and Levaquin antibiotic damage. Thank you very much.

J

Johnjohn1

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Do some sodium nitrite brands have different consistency and weight to them as this might explain why somebody quoted one teaspoon equals 5.7 grams but when I measure it on my digital scales one teaspoon is a little over 6 grams.

ScorchedLifePolicy

ScorchedLifePolicy

Nov 21, 2020
I thought I was the only one having problems with measurements of SN. I can't even plan right.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Look at resources and it will tell you how much you need. Contemplating ctb shouldn't be a fear of teaspoon size. Please research the method all the information is available if you search.
Yeah, if you look at the guides it's pretty obvious what the measurements are. It's better to do some research before you ask questions so it doesn't seem like you're being impulsive or stuff

Reactions: Gromit-CTB
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
And no-one owns or thinks of buying a kitchen scale
I guess there's a lot of impulsive people? :/ they might be panicking and having a moment and they just need answers for everything and can't do their own research. I understand that but also it is kind of -not great-

J

Johnjohn1

Student
Nov 7, 2020
This is what I don't understand when I have two digital scales and they both say the same thing that 3 teaspoons is 19 grams. But others have said that a teaspoon is 5.7 grams. I don't know what is right. I would tend to believe my scale is accurate since both of them say the same thing.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
This is what I don't understand when I have two digital scales and they both say the same thing that 3 teaspoons is 19 grams. But others have said that a teaspoon is 5.7 grams. I don't know what is right. I would tend to believe my scale is accurate since both of them say the same thing.
Ok please read the resources, calm down about spoons. It will give you all the info you need and scales are fine. Really the obsession with spoons is to much.

Reactions: Nimbus and Silver
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Teaspoons don't have a single set size. They vary. They're pretty irrelevant for weighing anything.

Folks, there are eating spoons and imperial measuring spoons, mostly used in the US. No one should measure anything with an eating spoon.

@Johnjohn1, the size of the grains may vary by manufacturer. Since you have a digital scale, teaspoons are irrelevant for you. One needs to take 20-25g of SN. See Stan's guide and other SN resources in the Suicide Resource Compilation.

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Jesus, there are a million threads about this stuff. Want us to come to your house with a scale and spoons and mix SN for you too?

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
25g plus 25g on a spare glass, that's what I've read. About measures I guess I need to buy a scale for that.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
Yeah, don't use tea spoons. You should get digital scales or a measuring spoon. I have both. I have a spoon that holds 5 grams (so 5x for 25g) but I will be mostly relying on the scales anyway.

Reactions: Shu