T

TerminalVelocity

May 30, 2020
I have my SN, my meto, I have reglan, and Ami.

I am wondering if I can add Ami to make me sleep faster. I won't be taking a huge amount. I don't have gabapentin but I have Ami.

Can someone tell me if that would work?

If so, how should I take the Ami (dosage + what time before SN) to help me sleep faster?

If I stop taking Ami for a long time and I take 75 mg of Ami it makes me really sleepy really fast.

Answers appreciated.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If so, how should I take the Ami (dosage + what time before SN) to help me sleep faster?

If I stop taking Ami for a long time and I take 75 mg of Ami it makes me really sleepy really fast.

This sounds like something you would have to test for yourself.
I am wondering if I can add Ami to make me sleep faster.

SN doesn't make you sleep, but eventually like we consciousness. Any symptoms may kick in immediately, or take up to ten minutes.

I think you'd have take the SN when you were on the edge of losing consciousness from the Ami. If you're lucky, the Ami will knock you out before you feel any symptoms, and keep you knocked out until you lose consciousness, which is different than sleep.

T

TerminalVelocity

May 30, 2020
This sounds like something you would have to test for yourself.

SN doesn't make you sleep, but eventually like we consciousness. Any symptoms may kick in immediately, or take up to ten minutes.

I think you'd have take the SN when you were on the edge of losing consciousness from the Ami. If you're lucky, the Ami will knock you out before you feel any symptoms, and keep you knocked out until you lose consciousness, which is different than sleep.
Will the Ami react badly with the SN? If it doesn't then I will experiment with Ami and Sn.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Will the Ami react badly with the SN? If it doesn't then I will experiment with Ami and Sn.

Don't experiment with SN. Only take it if you intend to die, even 1g can be fatal, or at best make you very sick.

I can't answer about reactions. Suggest site search of the terms.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 14386, SuicidalSymphonies, Red and 2 others
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Not much info about using them together .. but go with your personal experience ie you know how long before you are very sleepy.. but keep in mind when SI is present there's not a lot of drugs that will over ride this and put you to sleep. Make sense?

S

SSlostallhope

Student
May 23, 2020
I'm taking ami with sn as I can't get benzos. I don't know about any interactions so I'd like to follow this thread ...

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Honestly, there isn't much of a reason to combine the two if you are using Amitriptyline for sleep and probably a reason not to. While sedating, it will not force sleep in the situation you describe. The reason it is probably better not to take it is that amitriptyline is an anticholinergic, which, among other things, decreases gastric motility and increases heart rate.

it is one of those things that probably won't matter one way or the other, but given the severity of the discussed scenario, there isn't really an upside to taking it, as it isn't going to expedite unconsciousness.

Reactions: autumnal
S

SSlostallhope

Student
May 23, 2020
Awww damn it :( what do you think will help sedate me ?

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
SSlostallhope said:​
Awww damn it :( what do you think will help sedate me ?​

Benzos and propanolol

iu
To clarify, benzodiazepines will sedate you but the propranolol will not sedate you as such. But it will reduce the increased heart rate SN causes (thus making you feel a subjective, purely physical sense of calmness), and it will potentiate the SN and lead to it making you unconscious sooner. But those are not technically the same as it sedating you.

I'm aware @Living sucks likely understands this distinction, but I am spelling it out here just in case other less experienced members get the wrong idea and take propranolol expecting actual sedation in the technical sense of the term.

• Love
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies and SSlostallhope
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Propanolol can be used for multiple conditions. One of them is anxiety.

Propranolol is a type of medicine called a beta blocker.
Like other beta blockers, propranolol works by changing the way your body responds to some nerve impulses, including in the heart. It slows down your heart rate and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.
It works differently if you're using it for anxiety. When you are anxious, your brain makes chemical messengers called adrenaline and noradrenaline. These make your heart rate faster and make you sweat or shake. Propranolol helps block the effects of these chemical messengers. This reduces the physical signs of anxiety.
We don't fully understand how propranolol prevents migraines. It may work by relaxing the blood vessels involved, or by reducing activity in the "visual cortex". This is the part of the brain where migraines are believed to start.

How Does Propranolol Make You Feel? Propranololblocks the physical effects of anxiety, meaning you won't experience an increased heart rate, sweating and shakiness when you feel nervous. By blocking the physical symptoms of anxiety, propranolol can help you feelcalmer, less nervous and more composed

I believe @SSlostallhope is looking to achieve a sedated feeling as they do not have access to benzos. In the regimen, these 2 would be the closest you're going to get to feeling sedated or calm, ie less anxious.

FTR i am not saying propanolol is a sedative, only that it can have sedative properties.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I think you are both saying the same thing. While propranolol is not sedating, it can assist with anxiety by reducing physical symptoms such as increased heart rate, respiratory rate, and tremors. Propranolol is somewhat unique among other beta blockers, which are not as good with releasing some physical symptoms of anxiety such as tremors.

Reactions: Saed and autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Propanolol can be used for multiple conditions. One of them is anxiety.

Propranolol is a type of medicine called a beta blocker.
Like other beta blockers, propranolol works by changing the way your body responds to some nerve impulses, including in the heart. It slows down your heart rate and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.
It works differently if you're using it for anxiety. When you are anxious, your brain makes chemical messengers called adrenaline and noradrenaline. These make your heart rate faster and make you sweat or shake. Propranolol helps block the effects of these chemical messengers. This reduces the physical signs of anxiety.
We don't fully understand how propranolol prevents migraines. It may work by relaxing the blood vessels involved, or by reducing activity in the "visual cortex". This is the part of the brain where migraines are believed to start.

How Does Propranolol Make You Feel? Propranololblocks the physical effects of anxiety, meaning you won't experience an increased heart rate, sweating and shakiness when you feel nervous. By blocking the physical symptoms of anxiety, propranolol can help you feelcalmer, less nervous and more composed

I believe @SSlostallhope is looking to achieve a sedated feeling as they do not have access to benzos. In the regimen, these 2 would be the closest you're going to get to feeling sedated or calm, ie less anxious.

FTR i am not saying propanolol is a sedative, only that it can have sedative properties.

Yes, but removing only the physical manifestations of anxiety is not the same as having sedative properties.

Think of it like this: if you are feeling anxious and have physical symptoms, propranolol will reduce these symptoms, and you will feel physically calmer. But if you are feeling normal and without physical symptoms, taking propranolol won't make you calmer or more sedated than this normal baseline. Whereas if you are feeling normal and take an actual sedative, you will typically feel even more sedated, calmer or sleepy compared to your normal baseline.

Not trying to be pedantic purely for the sake of it here, just providing some clarification.

Reactions: Saed