• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
specifically smoking weed, i smoked cigarettes years ago and not for that long, but i think (aside from getting high) it has about the effect, holding it, inhaling, whatnot.

does anyone have any ideas on an equivalent that one could also use to reduce stress.

just thinking causes me stress, trying to write this, just to get to here ive stopped 2-3 times (and im having a good day, i typically stop at almost every word).
i get stressed and i just want a joint. ive tried smoking other things, that didnt work. i use to smoke a vape for my back pain, but they dont sell cbd anymore or else id just put more effort into grabbing that, i had zero nic one, but the government got rid of all the good flavours. i tried smoking other plants, didnt like it. typically id try meditation basically just repeatedly telling myself no, different affirmations and whatnot, but thats just no wheres near close enough for this.....

im gonna guess im out of luck but figured id throw the question out there

Ares

Ares

Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ
Apr 27, 2024
I don't have any equivalents to reduce stress, but for me personally when I need to discipline myself I jump in a cold shower and excercise until all the pent up stress exhausts itself. Even if it doesn't go away after all that, at least you'd be occupying your mind on something that will make you stronger in the long run. Replace one addiction for another, so to speak.

Here's some sources on it with more information than I can provide off the top of my head. Couldn't hurt? Plus, the relief of devoting and expending all of your energy, stress, anger, etc. on something only to relax after with a cold drink and a comfortable place is incomparable to anything else... at least for me. Hope this helps somewhat, I wish you luck!! ^^

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
chewing gum
massotherapy
squeezing soft anti-stress objects
anti-nicotine patches

Reactions: Ares
Ares

Ares

Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ
Apr 27, 2024
Ah heck I just realized, that wouldn't have nicotine in it I'm dumb! Well, excercise ought to still be beneficial in the same way? It's more of a general habit breaker than being catered to specifically any one type of addiction. Either way though I found some more sources! Not sure if they'll be any more helpful, but I'm here if you need me either way!! ^^

• Hugs
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
specifically smoking weed, i smoked cigarettes years ago and not for that long, but i think (aside from getting high) it has about the effect, holding it, inhaling, whatnot.

does anyone have any ideas on an equivalent that one could also use to reduce stress.

just thinking causes me stress, trying to write this, just to get to here ive stopped 2-3 times (and im having a good day, i typically stop at almost every word).
i get stressed and i just want a joint. ive tried smoking other things, that didnt work. i use to smoke a vape for my back pain, but they dont sell cbd anymore or else id just put more effort into grabbing that, i had zero nic one, but the government got rid of all the good flavours. i tried smoking other plants, didnt like it. typically id try meditation basically just repeatedly telling myself no, different affirmations and whatnot, but thats just no wheres near close enough for this.....

Alcohol, in moderate quantities, may do it, but using alcohol to deal with stress is potentially dangerous. You could, perhaps, use alcohol for times when the stress is particularly bad, but avoid using it routinely.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zazacosta
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but "whose" mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36
SickOfYou_-

SickOfYou_-

My heart is a mess-
May 4, 2023

As a person who smokes the one thing that helps me boggle cravings is chewing gum. Nothing else has come close to that, because smoking is a mouth fetish type thing that can be easily switched over to something else that has to do with that general area.

• Love
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
As a person who smokes the one thing that helps me boggle cravings is chewing gum. Nothing else has come close to that, because smoking is a mouth fetish type thing that can be easily switched over to something else that has to do with that general area.
in town its probably expensive (i havent gone shopping since the prices went crazy). its probably like $10 a pack by now XD
but amazon prices dont look too bad. if i get a couple $$ ill have to see about getting some.
thank you for the idea 💜

WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
weed has a risk of developing psychosis later on in life. be careful