LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Smartphones can't be called Smartphones anymore...
My shitty 250$ Toyota Yaris had some electric issues and it send 16volts into the Toyota car radio and it pass through to my Android (daily driver) phone and this damaged it beyond repair, so I decided to go to my local electronics market and buy a brand new phone. I got a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and this phone is just very interesting.
Sure, it sucks that I can't replace the firmware without bricking the Camera which means this phone won't replace my Pixel 4 XL which I use to sensitive stuff like going on this forum or sending mails through my self hosted mail server but this is a small problem.

This phone is too amazing to get bothered with that.
Basically I found myself using the smaller display for everything and I can reach everywhere without moving my hand, working on my little story project on the foldable display is just amazing if I use the Bluetooth keyboard that I use with my laptop and there is another feature that I found out about when I was trying to watch Netflix with my GF through the phone on my TV. It's called Samsung DeX and it basically turns that phone into something similar to those chinese Android PC's. Basically I can run office apps, Netflix app, social media and a forked version of the Brave browser on my TV without any limitations and if the phone is folded, I can use the screen as a trackpad XD
That's very interesting.
There was a similar feature on my old Galaxy Note 3 with a Galaxy Note 7 Firmware where I could run Ubuntu when I used a MicroUSB+s1 data to HDMI adapter and basically use that phone as a Linux phone but the battery was draining like crazy so I had to swap the Samsung battery for one of those big ZeroLemon batteries.

It's definitely a great device but it's probably as fragile as those iPhone 3gs phones that didn't even had a gorilla glass touchscreens.
This phone will be useful for my future plan that I was thinking about with my GF for a couple of weeks now.
Sure, I won't be able to execute that plan until I paid that phone off since I wasn't able to pay the full price and I had to divide that price into 3 monthly payments but until then I'll be 100% sure if I would want to go with that plan through or rethink everything again.

Reactions: theboy