johnny

johnny

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
I occasionally browse suicide bereavement forums and I've seen a surprisingly high number of people saying their loved one OD'd on sleeping pills...

Obviously these aren't the good old kind with barbiturates. Are they just taking massive amounts of prescription ambien or something?

I would never try and OD with sleeping pills or stuff like that due to the high failure rate, just curious.

Reactions: Hennessy, Lifeisatrap, Redt2go and 1 other person
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
They must either have a medical condition, be combining different medications and/ or alcohol or swallow vast amounts of pills that would make a cow gag. I don't know how they do it

Reactions: Random, Donewith_, Redt2go and 3 others
VoloFataliDoce

VoloFataliDoce

The World Is Quiet Here
Jan 23, 2019
I would love to know what kind of "sleeping pills" they were. It is almost impossible to OD on the newer ones. I wonder if they combined them with something else...

Reactions: Hennessy, Lifeisatrap, Redt2go and 3 others
C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019
An overdose of modern sleeping pills like benzos and z-drugs (like Zopiclone) is rarely fatal in itself. Drugs like barbiturates that would kill are rarely prescribed for this reason.

Modern sleeping pills need to be mixed with other sedatives like alcohol or opiates to cause death.

Reactions: Hennessy, Lifeisatrap, EphemeralDream and 3 others
Edrudd

Edrudd

Student
Feb 24, 2019
Benzoss aint fatal at all. I had an overdose with 160 mg and a lot of alcohol 2 am and was alive 8 am rescued and not brain damage at all

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019
Benzoss aint fatal at all. I had an overdose with 160 mg and a lot of alcohol 2 am and was alive 8 am rescued and not brain damage at all

Putting together an l overdose triangle with a different third sedative with a different mechanism of action would greatly increase the likelihood of death. Also consider use of an anti-emetic beforehand.

Reactions: Hennessy and Lifeisatrap
Z

zen

Mar 14, 2019
An overdose of modern sleeping pills like benzos and z-drugs (like Zopiclone) is rarely fatal in itself. Drugs like barbiturates that would kill are rarely prescribed for this reason.

Modern sleeping pills need to be mixed with other sedatives like alcohol or opiates to cause death.
Hello
I got 29 benzos....i git prescription for doltram(i guess they are opiates) pills.. Would 10 opiates and 29 benzos be sufficient for death?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I occasionally browse suicide bereavement forums and I've seen a surprisingly high number of people saying their loved one OD'd on sleeping pills...

Obviously these aren't the good old kind with barbiturates. Are they just taking massive amounts of prescription ambien or something?

I would never try and OD with sleeping pills or stuff like that due to the high failure rate, just curious.
I've heard alcohol and benzos can be lethal. And we all know opiates are lethal and we have all heard of the opiate epidemic.

Reactions: Hennessy
Z

zen

Mar 14, 2019
I've heard alcohol and benzos can be lethal. And we all know opiates are lethal and we have all heard of the opiate epidemic.
How much alcohol should be taken with benzos...?does that put u to sleep or you gonna puke after even taking benzos...if someones never have had taken alcohol before

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
How much alcohol should be taken with benzos...?does that put u to sleep or you gonna puke after even taking benzos...if someones never have had taken alcohol before
I can't verify this method because I was told about this from some elderly lady. Who knows if she even knew what she was talking about. You'll have to google it.