• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

todiefor

todiefor

I hate lies
Jun 24, 2023
A more long term ctb method I've been thinking about is to ctb by sky diving one day. The idea is to get a sky diving license, and become able to jump alone (roughly 25 jumps), and then one day I may choose to not open my parachute and plunge to my death. In the meantime I get to skydive, and I like that I get to face death and decide to or not to open my parachute. It could look accidental also which is quite important for my parents.

What do you think? I don't know much about parachuting so will have to look into it more, I hear there r automated release mechanisms etc that might become a problem.

It is obviously, though, a fairly long lead time and high investment method. But I guess I'm trying to cover my bases.

I did do tandem hang gliding a few times in my life and absolutely loved it. So much so that I wanted to become an instructor during the summer holidays.

Or maybe I should just join a base jumping community. Deaths seem to happen eventually to quite a number of base jumpers, but that obviously has more and different risks.

Last edited:
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
that'd be badass, lmao🧸prob terrifying & lotsssssssssss of time to think + feel on the way down though.

Reactions: todiefor
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
You would have to be very determined to succeed, a lot of adrenaline is released in the body while doing such things. I'd image the survival instinct would be on top and very active to prevent harm to the body. You could of course sabotage it before hand but It would be horrible if you'd change your mind in the air.

todiefor

todiefor

I hate lies
Jun 24, 2023
You would have to be very determined to succeed, a lot of adrenaline is released in the body while doing such things. I'd image the survival instinct would be on top and very active to prevent harm to the body. You could of course sabotage it before hand but It would be horrible if you'd change your mind in the air.
Yeah totally valid points. So I was hoping by doing many jumps before that I understand how I feel and what to expect. I imagine after a certain point it's just like jumping off a bridge, but here you get many trial runs to face death before hand.

W

WaitingAllMyLife

Jul 4, 2022
I have over 1,000 skydives/D license. The only time in my life I didn't want to die was when I was in the air flying my body. I felt so free, so alive, so happy!

You'd have a hard time making it look accidental. They thoroughly investigate every death. And with so much video both in the sky and from the ground, they would be able to tell if you tried to deploy, made no attempt, or were incapacitated. So if you only want this method in order to disguise it from being suicide, you're out of luck.

Also, skydiving is a small community. Once you are a part of it, you wouldn't want to hurt the reputation of the sport, the local DZ or DZ manager/operator by CTB this way.

And while it's unlikely to survive, it has happened. People have survived total and partial malfunctions. You could smash every bone in your body and still live. And I think it's far more likely to happen to a novice as you wouldn't be as skilled or proficient in spotting/directing where you land.

todiefor

todiefor

I hate lies
Jun 24, 2023
Thanks, this is very helpful! Very valid points
I have over 1,000 skydives/D license. The only time in my life I didn't want to die was when I was in the air flying my body. I felt so free, so alive, so happy!

You'd have a hard time making it look accidental. They thoroughly investigate every death. And with so much video both in the sky and from the ground, they would be able to tell if you tried to deploy, made no attempt, or were incapacitated. So if you only want this method in order to disguise it from being suicide, you're out of luck.

Also, skydiving is a small community. Once you are a part of it, you wouldn't want to hurt the reputation of the sport, the local DZ or DZ manager/operator by CTB this way.

And while it's unlikely to survive, it has happened. People have survived total and partial malfunctions. You could smash every bone in your body and still live. And I think it's far more likely to happen to a novice as you wouldn't be as skilled or proficient in spotting/directing where you land.
Is it always the case that there's so many cameras in the air and from the ground?

Do parachutes always have the automatic deply function, is that something that has to be sabotaged from the ground first?

Yeah, I understand the small community thing, I use to climb a bit and do long distance cycling and it's a very close knit community that I value. I certainly don't want to ruin anyone's reputation as a business and also the sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: CantTurnBack
breezer_a

breezer_a

Feb 3, 2024
A more long term ctb method I've been thinking about is to ctb by sky diving one day. The idea is to get a sky diving license, and become able to jump alone (roughly 25 jumps), and then one day I may choose to not open my parachute and plunge to my death. In the meantime I get to skydive, and I like that I get to face death and decide to or not to open my parachute. It could look accidental also which is quite important for my parents.

What do you think? I don't know much about parachuting so will have to look into it more, I hear there r automated release mechanisms etc that might become a problem.

It is obviously, though, a fairly long lead time and high investment method. But I guess I'm trying to cover my bases.

I did do tandem hang gliding a few times in my life and absolutely loved it. So much so that I wanted to become an instructor during the summer holidays.

Or maybe I should just join a base jumping community. Deaths seem to happen eventually to quite a number of base jumpers, but that obviously has more and different risks.
Who knows, you may find a love for sky diving. I dont think its a quick death, SN seems so much nicer, sky diving you will die, but slow.

W

WaitingAllMyLife

Jul 4, 2022
Thanks, this is very helpful! Very valid points

Is it always the case that there's so many cameras in the air and from the ground?

Do parachutes always have the automatic deply function, is that something that has to be sabotaged from the ground first?

Yeah, I understand the small community thing, I use to climb a bit and do long distance cycling and it's a very close knit community that I value. I certainly don't want to ruin anyone's reputation as a business and also the sport.
Some dropzones require an automatic activation device (AAD), but not all do. Even if you have one, you don't have to turn it on. My rig has one but in the last years of my involvement in the sport I didn't turn it on. (I haven't jumped in ages because I am a fulltime caregiver and haven't had even 5 minutes off duty in years.) I figured if something happened to me in the sky (midair collision, malfunction, etc) and it was my time to go, then it was my time to go. As a student jumper, you'd be required to have it and they would do thorough gear checks to make sure it was on. By the time you've made that many jumps, you're likely to be enjoying yourself enough to not want to CTB anymore. So what have you go to lose? Win win!

Ever since GoPro became popular, everyone is wearing cameras on their helmets. So plenty of cameras in the sky. Even if the other person is not on your jump, you could be in the background of another jumper's video. And people on the ground are often taking video of the sky. Professional videographers for the dz video tandem landings, friends/familty of tandem jumpers are often taking video, and spectators do so for fun. Video everywhere. And even without, eyewitness accounts are always cited on incident reports. Someone who goes in because of a malfunction looks very different than someone who goes in because of intent. And the medical examiner can determine if incapacitation (from heart attack or other condition) happened prior to impact. So again, you won't be disguising your suicide as an accident.