TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Are there any sites like 7cupsoftea, but better, where you can talk to someone about your troubles and be listened to? I had bad experiences with 7cups because people there, "trained active listeners" were disinterested in what I had to say. Curious if there's an alternative.

Reactions: _Minsk and Crazy4u
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
7 Cups of Tea? More like 7 Cups of Pee is all they have to offer. I'd say these flesh-and-blood chatbots are trained more to resemble active listeners rather than being active listeners, but that also describes most, if not all, "mental health resources".

Reactions: _Minsk, NearlyIrrelevantCake and TheHatedOne
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
This page has reviews of text-based therapy services. I'm not sure how comparable to 7 Cups those are, though.
Preferably wanted some free since I don't have money, but might try the last one listed which seems to be free.
7 Cups of Tea? More like 7 Cups of Pee is all they have to offer. I'd say these flesh-and-blood chatbots are trained more to resemble active listeners rather than being active listeners, but that also describes most, if not all, "mental health resources".
Yeah, this is why I said " like 7cupsoftea, but better" because the idea is really good, but the people there are awful and probably do it only for the badges or whatever.

Reactions: _Minsk
sickofbeinghere

sickofbeinghere

sad girl
Oct 27, 2021
lmao throwback to when i was like 16 and super vulnerable and met a "helper" (aged 20) on 7cups who proceeded to get my contact details, talk to me on PM, come to my house when my mum wasnt around and try to have sex w me. i kicked him out but felt super uncomfortable.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, TheHatedOne, Silenos and 2 others