🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Is anxiety for death the same as SI?

Reactions: bre_ad4leo
sash

sash

f/uk seeking partner to vanish with
Oct 1, 2023
Hi. Yes I would think so in some kinda way. Self preservation.
Its a lot of other things as well. Missing things and ppl. Missing life Its a huge decision. Which will only be truly made if/when you're ready & the anxiety then will be what if it doesn't work properly..

Reactions: Aim
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Thank you! That made so much sense. I am missing life alot, but I know it's over. And it's never coming back. So I guess I just have to wait until reaching the phase where you are more scared of what could go wrong. Have been in that stage before. So hopefully getting there. Thank you.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see the survival instinct as being seperate from logical thought, like one can be aware that suicide is truly what they wish for yet feel held back from ctb because of this irrational instinct. I believe the SI most likely appears when people are in the process of trying to attempt a suicide method or are just about to, causing them to back out.

It's just the way we've evolved, as humans we've evolved to be programmed to survive and I guess the fear of death for some people can be because of the SI, to me it's like the survival instinct exists to prolong suffering.

• Love
Reactions: cscott and Aim
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Very true! I d k. But the kind of si i get, is I start to cry because I miss people in my life. That is already gone. So totally irrational.