• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

lnlybnny

lnlybnny

Experienced
Jan 25, 2024
if you were in a similar situation

i truly despise any form of social gatherings but i am ''obliged'' to go to one this week and i feel awful. i should've CTB'd before this but i'm still here since i'm a big coward and lack energy even to plan my death. i hate having to interact with people, can't stand their questions about my life and about how i'm neet, can't stand their conversations and the way they think, hate how fake they are and their nasty looks, i wish i could escape all this, my heart races so fast when i think of it, i get nauseated, it's so unfair that i'm in this world i can't easily escape

what do you do when you can't escape this kind of thing?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, divinemistress36 and Vicolo cieco
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
Can you back out and say you are ill?
Otherwise, I would just be in the corner so nobody notice me and go home as soon as I can.

zanahori

zanahori

Jul 21, 2023
I would feel pain and suffer in silence

lnlybnny

lnlybnny

Experienced
Jan 25, 2024
Can you back out and say you are ill?
Otherwise, I would just be in the corner so nobody notice me and go home as soon as I can.
unfortunately no :( also i always try to go unnoticeable in this kind of this
I would feel pain and suffer in silence
how would you deal with them wanting to talk?

L

LifeIsBS

Soon
Jun 1, 2024
hey, i feel exactly like you described in those situations, if i can't avoid it, then i take my phone and earbuds fully charged, and mind my own business once there, if someone asks something, then i answer in as few words as possible, and then pretend to do a call or just avoid them and mostly do "hmm", "hm hm", "right" when they say something, it worked countless times for me and they leave me alone thinking i am not interested or rude or something idc.

Answering them in detail just brings more questions, and their need to feel superiority complex that rewards their ego.

Reactions: lnlybnny
rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
"can't stand their conversations and the way they think, hate how fake they are and their nasty looks" gosh this totally. Talking to people have just been a downhill trainwreck because everyone around me starts talking corporate, makes plans to get into med/law, they're always trying to "network" or otherwise get something out of you, or they just wanna brag and make it seem like theyre life is put together and they're more successful than you. I fucking hate talking to people irl because i haven't achieved anything great compared to peers my age and i lack the ambition act like i have plans.

Seeing that you have to go, i'd suggest try to ask as many questions so they keep talking and you don't have to reveal anything about yourself. They're all so fake (in my pov) and i dont trust them, i don't dare give them the satisfaction of measuring their achievements against mine.
You could always divert the conversation so it's not about work, if the event allows for it (im assuming this isn't some networking or professional event.) Bring up current politics if this is the appropriate group of people and people can discuss that instead of brag about themselves.
Is it possible to excuse yourself to the bathroom, pretend you're sick, or just leave early? People won't question you if you just say your stomach isn't feeling well.

Reactions: Vicolo cieco and lnlybnny
lnlybnny

lnlybnny

Experienced
Jan 25, 2024
"can't stand their conversations and the way they think, hate how fake they are and their nasty looks" gosh this totally. Talking to people have just been a downhill trainwreck because everyone around me starts talking corporate, makes plans to get into med/law, they're always trying to "network" or otherwise get something out of you, or they just wanna brag and make it seem like theyre life is put together and they're more successful than you. I fucking hate talking to people irl because i haven't achieved anything great compared to peers my age and i lack the ambition act like i have plans.

Seeing that you have to go, i'd suggest try to ask as many questions so they keep talking and you don't have to reveal anything about yourself. They're all so fake (in my pov) and i dont trust them, i don't dare give them the satisfaction of measuring their achievements against mine.
You could always divert the conversation so it's not about work, if the event allows for it (im assuming this isn't some networking or professional event.) Bring up current politics if this is the appropriate group of people and people can discuss that instead of brag about themselves.
Is it possible to excuse yourself to the bathroom, pretend you're sick, or just leave early? People won't question you if you just say your stomach isn't feeling well.
Hi, thank you for your thoughtful response <3 it's a "family/relatives" gathering btw, forgot to mention. It's terrible how sometimes you can't escape some things and have to do things you don't want to in life. You understand it so well… I hate having to put on this "mask" in order to go through these things. I really lost (or never had) the ability to navigate these social situations, I truly hate these. Or when you have to talk to people who don't understand anything about the complexities of being a divergent human and think that everyone should act and be the same, and have the same aspirations/thoughts/views. Makes me even more depressed
hey, i feel exactly like you described in those situations, if i can't avoid it, then i take my phone and earbuds fully charged, and mind my own business once there, if someone asks something, then i answer in as few words as possible, and then pretend to do a call or just avoid them and mostly do "hmm", "hm hm", "right" when they say something, it worked countless times for me and they leave me alone thinking i am not interested or rude or something idc.

Answering them in detail just brings more questions, and their need to feel superiority complex that rewards their ego.
You're right, I always do my best not to enter their stupid conversations but sometimes it's so hard, some people can be so incredibly intrusive

Reactions: zzeroo