L

livinginhellnation

Nov 19, 2023
If Hitler had won WW2 or not lost it (I'm not a nazi sympathizer ) I'm sure both of my parents wouldn't have been born (Not saying I'm Jewish)… but my grandparents could have been killed or at the least not have children during war.
My point here is how major geopolitical events would have made a difference to us coming in to this horrid existence.
Then again we can also blame the Japanese for the attack on Pearl Harbor which brought the US into WW2z

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: silentnights56, Disappointered, Forever Sleep and 4 others
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
Humanity would not have stopped, surely life would have been even harder. So if one had not existed, someone else would have existed, and in an even worse way a priori. It's better to blame the people who are making society bad now more than the people of the past, since one can change, the other is already dead.

• Love
Reactions: ren_b, loopdaloop, Forever Sleep and 2 others
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
No. Whatever pain I'm going through, even if I don't really cope with it, I'd sooner suffer it rather than have had the Nazis & Imperial Japan win World War II. The absolute inhumanity of those regimes should never be forgotten.

Reactions: LonelyKitten, LeperGnome and EvisceratedJester
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
No major historical figure had the intention of exterminating the entire world, only creating their vision of a "better" world.

Have you not learned the horrors of concentration camps and imperial Japan? I doubt it would be happier.

Reactions: Prime0
L

livinginhellnation

Nov 19, 2023
You don't get my point. I'm saying I wouldn't have been born if the Nazis had won. Let's not have a debate about politics please.

W

Winterreise

I wanna be a baby and cry and be held forever
Jun 27, 2022
I would blame that stupid fish that crawled ashore

• Yay!
Reactions: loopdaloop, permanently tired, pthnrdnojvsc and 7 others
S

sizzlingfootnote

Jan 4, 2023
You don't get my point. I'm saying I wouldn't have been born if the Nazis had won. Let's not have a debate about politics please.
you don't mind if there's suffering, it's just your own suffering you want to end. well, you're on the correct forum!

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
"World War" and "World War 2" were only called that because Europeans are egocentric assholes that thought they were the center of the world at the time (this dumbassery has now passed to the United States of America; and Europeans remain assholes for different reasons). These wars had no effect on my lineage, in none of the previous generations of my family. I would probably still be here wether the Nazis and Japanese had won or not.

Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
They both have changed a lot so you can't really blame them

A

Aburach

Nov 19, 2023
"World War" and "World War 2" were only called that because Europeans are egocentric assholes that thought they were the center of the world at the time (this dumbassery has now passed to the United States of America; and Europeans remain assholes for different reasons). These wars had no effect on my lineage, in none of the previous generations of my family. I would probably still be here wether the Nazis and Japanese had won or not.
WW2 in particular was fought in or affected every continent except Antarctica and S America (i.e. N America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australasia). I think the name is fair enough, athough different nations call it different things (it was the Great Patriotic War in the USSR) The first one is more often referred to as the Great War due to its scale. Just because WW2 didn't affect your lineage, that doesn't mean it wasn't more or less global.

There are loads of turning points in history though. WW2 wouldn't have happened if Gavrilo Princip hadn't had Franz Ferdinand's car appear (and stall) right in front of him, having taken the wrong route, giving him an easy shot after the previous assassins had failed.

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
My grand father went to ww2 , i would not be there if he was killed so yes there was a chance I wouldn't be born.

Here another point of view why ww1 and ww2 was good. 100 millions deaths , can you imagine without those deaths , there were having 10.childrens per family in those days so that means there would be at least 1 billions more humans on earth.

One word : catastrophic

That's why we need assisted suicide for everybody who request it following a strict protocol , we need less people on this earth.

Let us go please.

Reactions: Disappointered
DT2007

DT2007

reincarnation
Oct 9, 2023
If Hitler had won WW2 or not lost it (I'm not a nazi sympathizer ) I'm sure both of my parents wouldn't have been born (Not saying I'm Jewish)… but my grandparents could have been killed or at the least not have children during war.
My point here is how major geopolitical events would have made a difference to us coming in to this horrid existence.
Then again we can also blame the Japanese for the attack on Pearl Harbor which brought the US into WW2z
I think there I'd always someone or some circumstances to blame. If my real father would have raised me instead of my maternal grandparents my life would have taken a completely different course in a different country. If WW2 would have ended differently my mom would not have met my dad at all. But we cant change the past. The things are as they are no matter who you blame them on.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Tens of millions died in WWII, but this was immediately followed by a massive spike in birth rate. (Hence the Baby Boomers.)

There are some other historical examples, including the devastating wars in the DR Congo in the '90s, which correlate the bloodshed of war with a big population spike.

One may theorise why this is the case. People may overcompensate for deceased loved ones by procreating excessively. (My mother has 5 siblings, and this was by no means uncommon during that era.) Horrific hardships in Africa have been associated with 'panic breeding', where impoverished couples have innumerable offspring to compensate for the harsh reality that only some will actually survive to adulthood.

None of this is what I would call 'good'.

That said, there are definitely things that we can blame the Japanese for:

Pik

• Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: Disappointered and OrphicEnd
W

Winterreise

I wanna be a baby and cry and be held forever
Jun 27, 2022
Hitler was no stranger to blame tactics himself.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
WW2 in particular was fought in or affected every continent except Antarctica and S America (i.e. N America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australasia). I think the name is fair enough, athough different nations call it different things (it was the Great Patriotic War in the USSR) The first one is more often referred to as the Great War due to its scale. Just because WW2 didn't affect your lineage, that doesn't mean it wasn't more or less global.

There are loads of turning points in history though. WW2 wouldn't have happened if Gavrilo Princip hadn't had Franz Ferdinand's car appear (and stall) right in front of him, having taken the wrong route, giving him an easy shot after the previous assassins had failed.
Cool. Truly global or not, my unfortunate birth would have happened anyways.