• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

Hyperbunny

Student
Sep 12, 2020
i told my mum i want to commit suicide
due to ill health
and i wanted to give her a heads up
she was v upset
and kept trying to find solutions which dont exist.
its annoying and she keeps giving me false hope

how to keep her at bay whilst i commit suicide
arghh
im so stressed

how to plan a date to ctb
ive moved back home during lokdwn

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pookie
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
due to ill health
she was v upset

arghh
im so stressed

That is nice to want and give a formal forewarning for your Mum. :heart:

If you do not mind me asking what kind of ill health? Is it true?

A

Anon123

Nov 6, 2020
Go along with her solution. Tell her it is really helping you. After a little bit tell her you feel optimistic now and you are glad you spoke to her about it. That u want to stay alive again.

Reactions: Hyperbunny
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Is your ill health curable? Some parents can understand why their child would be suicidal due to health issues but obviously they're not going to be happy about it. I watched a documentary recently of a mother who fulfilled her daughter's wishes of ending her life. Her daughter was bedridden with severe chronic fatigue syndrome for 18 years so she helped her die via an overdose of morphine. That's true, selfless love. She didn't want to see her daughter suffer any longer.

M

Musketeer

Student
Jan 24, 2020
due to ill health
she was v upset

arghh
im so stressed

I'm going to say no don't tell anyone unless you want to risk psychiatric hold.

bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Go along with her solution. Tell her it is really helping you. After a little bit tell her you feel optimistic now and you are glad you spoke to her about it. That u want to stay alive again.
Don't get her hopes up that high, it only makes the act more cruel.

Reactions: demuic
Hybrid

Hybrid

Jun 30, 2020
Never mention you want to suicide.

If you already did, lie and act like you are happy. Suicide attempts always should be in secret, so you don't risk being "saved" and end as a vegetable .

M

Midnight-rain

Student
Jan 1, 2020
Is your ill health curable? Some parents can understand why their child would be suicidal due to health issues but obviously they're not going to be happy about it. I watched a documentary recently of a mother who fulfilled her daughter's wishes of ending her life. Her daughter was bedridden with severe chronic fatigue syndrome for 18 years so she helped her die via an overdose of morphine. That's true, selfless love. She didn't want to see her daughter suffer any longer.
May I ask what documentary that was? Sounds interesting.

Toonloon

Toonloon

Experienced
Nov 17, 2020
Say it was a moment of loss common sense or just a passing thought. You weren't serious about it and if they bring it up again say your fine. Change the subject immediately to something else.

I agree with other's when saying don't give false hope or any idea you want to kill yourself. If you are absolutely positive in what you want to do don't say anything. If you have doubt than speak up.

Maybe write a letter to people explaining why you want to die and why they shouldn't feel so bad.

But you shouldn't say out loud cause than your plans are ruined.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I told my parents when I was younger (about 15ish).

They mocked me and said if I really wanted to, I'd already have done it without words. Then told me to put on my 'big girl pants' and grow up.

I wanted help. I really really did. That's why I went to them.

I cried that time. Because I couldn't believe my parents either didn't care if I did, or thought they were calling a bluff.
I thought maybe they would realize how badly their contributing actions were affecting me. I should've known better.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Different to how others feel, I think in general you should tell your parents if you don't want your death to come as a shock, which could greatly effect them. If they know you've had suicial intent they might be more "prepared" if you do CTB. (But then again, sometimes people still say someone's death was a shock even if they had "a history of depression" etc.)

But then after you tell them, if they're good and caring parents they'll be worried about you a lot, which might be a negative, and they also might try to keep a closer eye on you depending on how they are to try and prevent CTB attempts, but if you don't live with them or they don't have much control over your life then that won't be an issue.

H

Hyperbunny

Student
Sep 12, 2020
That is nice to want and give a formal forewarning for your Mum. :heart:

If you do not mind me asking what kind of ill health? Is it true?
chornic pain - very severe incurable

exactly this!
the thing is my mum is very religious , or at least in her belief in god and afterlife/heaven hell and suicide=hell , so i think she feels shes failing me if i tell her im dying and she lets me die . LOL so literally i told her im dying i sent her medical info and she said DONT TELL ME. IM BUSY LOL
THEN she apologised quickly. i know she's trying to protect her beliefs and her love for me- reconciling the two i guess. i mean u would think her love for me would be more but NO

Last edited:
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
My father's told me for ages that suicide would be a good thing for me. He's a retired elementary school principal. His treatment of me was backed to the hilt by the spineless and cowardly school psychologists who helped rip my life apart.

At the end of my association with my former long term psychiatrist, she essentially admitted that yes, in her opinion I'd been beaten down to the point where nothing that can be tried can possibly help me get better. (This was at the close of her private practice, and less than a year later, she would end her medical career, so she could afford to admit she was writing me off as a lost cause. But in 2014, she could not recommend me for psychiatrist administered euthanasia in the US legally, and it apparently remains a crime for a psychiatrist in the US to do so.)