liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
Anybody who has any idea because I'm feeling kinda restless again even after an entire day of stopping the medication. I didn't have restlessness till yesterday after my 3x10 meto dose. But i did the 72 hour regime. Would this be enough to constitute long term use? I don't want my symptoms to be permanent...

Reactions: mlha, Suicidebydeath and StevieNixs
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
i had this with aripiprazole, I know how bad it feels. for me it went away, i took some benzos to calm it.

Reactions: mlha, tissosad and Suicidebydeath
liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
H
i had this with aripiprazole, I know how bad it feels. for me it went away, i took some benzos to calm it.
How long did it take for your symptoms to completely subside? I'm worried this might affect me long term

needed_

needed_

waiting for a miracle
Dec 17, 2021
H

How long did it take for your symptoms to completely subside? I'm worried this might affect me long term
the web says that you can get these kind of symptoms as "withdrawal symptoms" if you have a high level of meto in your body and suddenly stop taking it. this means it shouldn't affect you long term

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
Man i took 9 tablets in 72 hours. I'm genuinely concerned. I don't want this to stay. It's horrible ngl.

needed_

needed_

waiting for a miracle
Dec 17, 2021
Man i took 9 tablets in 72 hours. I'm genuinely concerned. I don't want this to stay. It's horrible ngl.
i really don't think you need to be concerned because exactly the fact that you took such a high dose explains the "withdrawal symptoms"

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and Suicidebydeath
liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
i really don't think you need to be concerned because exactly the fact that you took such a high dose explains the "withdrawal symptoms"
Let's see. I'm kinda worried because it's been almost 21 hours since i took the 3x10mg dose. I took a beta blocker apparently that helps. But i still feel restless.

• Hugs
Reactions: needed_
needed_

needed_

waiting for a miracle
Dec 17, 2021
Let's see. I'm kinda worried because it's been almost 21 hours since i took the 3x10mg dose. I took a beta blocker apparently that helps. But i still feel restless.
i'm really sorry you feel this way, i hope you feel better soon!

liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
i'm really sorry you feel this way, i hope you feel better soon!
Yes i genuinely hope this doesn't stay. Feeling restless all day isn't a good feeling.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Midgardsorm and Suicidebydeath
needed_

needed_

waiting for a miracle
Dec 17, 2021
Yes i genuinely hope this doesn't stay. Feeling restless all day isn't a good feeling.
yes definitely. i know it sounds stupid but maybe drink some tea?

Reactions: liberty_222 and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I wonder if heated milk would help (or water instead). Or eating, or doing something relaxing. Or meditating. I wish I knew. I get restless movement too and thought it was anxiety (or insomnia maybe), so being relaxed and distracted helps me. It must be truly awful when its medically induced.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
I wonder if heated milk would help. Or eating, or doing something relaxing. Or meditating. I wish I knew. I get restless movement too and thought it was just anxiety, so being relaxed and distracted helps me. It must be truly awful when its medically induced.
I suffer from anxiety too but this just feels next level. It was okay till the morning i even slept. I thought the meds have left my body it'll be okay then all of a sudden started feeling restless again

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Midgardsorm and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
Anxiety is already awful so I can't imagine how bad it feels when its bumped up. I would google but I can't imagine I'd find more than anyone else already posted. Should I ring the healthline here? maybe they can tell me what'd help. I'm nervous to do that because I'm not alone and people have ears. I wonder if there's a text version.

Do you have any other symptoms? Do you know how your blood pressure is? I assume it returned back to normal now?

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
It was normal yesterday when they took it at the hospital. They did some finger prick blood test thing that was normal too

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
Paracetamol 650 mg, ranitidine 300 mg, meto 30mg, emeset ondasentron mg, propranolol 80 mg

Meto
Common side effects may include:
  • feeling restless;
  • feeling drowsy or tired;
  • lack of energy;
  • nausea, vomiting;
  • headache, confusion; or.
  • sleep problems (insomnia).
Quick bump with some information, in case anyone can assist. I couldn't ring heathline earlier because of company, and still can't. They're usually helpful in saying what will assist with symptoms though. The nurse that visited me yesterday told me to drink water and take painkillers and I didn't even need either. In general, water and aspirin seems to have be recommended to me quite often.

I hope you feel better soon Lib! I fully believe that the symptoms will go away! I believe Lib had tachycardia too, I hope it's ok posting this!

I tried ringing just now and they're busy, I don't care if I'm overheard although trying not to be. I used the online service which just asks a bunch of questions and didn't involve another person. It went something like this:

non emergency
symptom: overdose (its really picky what it accepts and doesn't list the options, this was the best choice I could think of)
choose from these topics: accidental overdose
taken something which could be harmful: yes
thoughts of ending life: no (its a nanny state)
more breathless than usual: yes

Then it cut me off and told me to ring 999 for an ambulance, which I think isn't necessary now since you spoke to a doctor already and time has passed. Sorry it wasn't at all helpful, I'm glad you spoke to a doctor yesterday!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and liberty_222
liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
I confirmed with a few friends with doctors in their families. All of them said it should subside on its own and i don't need to worry.

watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
H

For me it took three days. I stopped aripiprazole cold turkey, breathing was very very hard.

liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
I'm feeling somewhat better.

• Love
mlha

mlha

Ex falso quodlibet
Nov 7, 2021
Akathisia is really awful, I hope it will subside fast for you.