Giovannino224

Giovannino224

Are my thoughts even real?
Dec 10, 2023
Idk if this is like the right place were I should post this, but I don't really care so...

"Long" story short.
So basically for last 2/3 months I developed the desire to CTB, thanks to that I started to self harm initially only by cutting my arm (we are talking about small cuts). But at some point, idk what happened but the situation got a little worse, and I start to self harm by taking large amounts of medicines like paracetamol, ibuprofen, opioids (like codeine ecc...) and it got to the point that sometimes I abuse of my sister's antidepressants like escitalopram. And one time it got to the point were I took like 300mg of escitalopram, and that like destroyed my serotonin levels for weeks, it felt really bad ngl but I also "liked" it. Also because of this my academic results started to drop drastically and I also started to feel a lot more anxious socially. Idk if this is only like a "canon event" (lmao) or if it's something more serious and I should actually worry about it. I feel like that it's not that big of a deal (I hope), but actually I'm not 100% sure.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
This is gonna sound like a cop out answer but... you can if you want. The reason I say that is that while therapy can be a million times helpful, nowadays I've since learned that therapy is one of those jobs that people figured out literally anyone can do with little effort. There ARE good therapists out there who actually give a shit, but since we live in a world where no one wants to work anymore and everyone is depressed, don't be surprised if you either have to go through hoops to find a good therapist or end up with a shit one disguised as a good one. What I'm trying to say is, be careful.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, jaxxon_sunn and Kit1
LazarusOpus

LazarusOpus

L0st
Dec 9, 2023
therapy was a super mixed bag for me.- it helped a lot to say my thoughts out loud, but I didn't like the stuff they'd do to try and "help" me. I think its a good idea to try it tho,,,...

Reactions: BrainShower
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
Whatever you're going through sounds pretty serious, and if you really want to get help, go seek it. Nothing wrong with that. Keep in mind though, that if you tell them all of this, there is a chance that they will send you to an inpatient /substance abuse program. They might make you check yourself into the ER at first which is a horrible process to go through. Horrible.

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
It sounds serious. I would try to find therapist, cause you might harm your liver with pill abuse. But be careful about revealing that you are suicidal. They might hospitalize you.

Reactions: lifewasawillowtv
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Alright, here's how I would handle it.

Should you try therapy: yes, therapy is effective for many people, those people are just not as likely to be in this forum.

If you try therapy: Understand that it can really fucking suck to get a therapist these days. Some places are probably fine, but for many like me you aren't given much to work with. You also have to wait, it's not a phone call away or anything, getting a therapist takes time. My best advice is to keep at it.

When you have a therapist: Be open, be honest about and concerns or fears you may have as well as any disorders you have or believe you may have. Even if you aren't diagnosed, you may be able to explore it together. DONT tell them you are suicidal. At most I was able to consistently get away with saying I have passive suicidal thoughts everyday. In the grey area between therapy and inpatient programs you may be unable to be sent to a psych ward for not being suicidal enough, this is a good thing and frankly the hospitals don't wanna deal with you anyways. Just, no matter what, NEVER SAY YOU ARE ACTIVELY PLANNING, RESEARCHING, OR USING SASU. oh yeah and therapy can be pricey.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
It is unlikely to cause more problems. Your current course is not successful. It sounds like a safe option.

Reactions: Abyssal