WeepForWhatCouldBe

WeepForWhatCouldBe

Oct 30, 2023
Apologies if this topic was already explored in another thread, but I wasn't able to find exactly what I was looking for, so I'll ask here.

Do you think my friends/family would suffer more or less if I told them in the morning that I'm going to CTB that night and give them a chance to say goodbye? On one hand, I'm sure that many people who know someone who CTB'd wish that they had a chance to say goodbye. On the other hand though, would being unable to stop me from going through with it be ultimately be more traumatizing? I'm not too worried about the prospect of people stopping me, as my plan is to go somewhere pretty far away from any road.

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts. Thank you 🙂

Wake

Wake

Nov 11, 2023
Well it doesn't matter they'll eventually forget and die someday so nothing really matters. but if you don't mind me asking why do you want to ctb

Reactions: a_carbon_based_life and WeepForWhatCouldBe
Upvote 1
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
If you told them in person, it might be a bit more difficult to pull your plan off as they could stop you but as you said, you're going far away to do it so I suppose if you had them message you maybe, do it on call...?

Although the only thing I can imagine them saying would be "Please don't do it" and whatever other variations.

It's why if I do it, I'll just leave a note or whatever. Less tough for me, means I definitely won't regret it, and I won't be guilt-tripped back into life again where I'll just contemplate it a few months later again.

Reactions: 3x+1 and WeepForWhatCouldBe
Upvote 1
3x+1

3x+1

Curious
Nov 9, 2023
Well I couldn't find any thread talking about it either, but if you really want to say goodbye withouth traumatazing you can try to invent a scenario where your familly and friends can say goodbye without knowing you will CTB
( Like saying you will be having a surprise vacation in some country where communication is really hard for a pretty long time! )

Of course its your choice and you shouldn't stress too much about it, maybe you can also try to make a note or video, try to think of the most peaceful way to go out!

Reactions: WeepForWhatCouldBe, TapeMachine and Mistiie
Upvote 1
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
can you do it without alerting them to your plans if not then no because it might get you taken to the hospital or police involved

Reactions: WeepForWhatCouldBe
Upvote 1
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'd personally just see it as better to leave notes for those left behind to be read after as a farewell, in my opinion I believe it would be worse if they knew in advance as sadly so many people refuse to respect the decision to die, but it's always up to the individual deciding what to do after all.

Reactions: Jolene79
Upvote 0
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Tha not too worried about the prospect of people stopping me, as my plan is to go somewhere pretty far away from any road.
That will be difficult with the police on your tail.

It's sad we have to die alone without giving them any kind of direct closure, just some notes.

What makes you so sure they won't intervene?

Upvote 0
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
I wouldn't, if they believed you they would surely go to any means to stop you.

Being serious, is that what your subconscious wants? To be stopped, show you love and concern, how can we all help improve your life? Would a genuine cry for help benefit you or do you genuinely want to CTB?

I'm in such a mess at the moment I've nearly confided my suicidal thoughts to my brother but I can't do it.

He knows I'm in a bad place but I just can't bring myself to tell anyone how bad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
I think that you will give your loved ones more closure if you are able to help them understand your predicament and thoughts. But the question is, will less than 12 hours (morning to evening) be enough? My answer would be maybe, but probably no. This is not to say that you shouldn't share your thoughts with the person(s) you love and trust the most. If you know them well and can predict how they may react then you can take the necessary precautions to ensure that your choice is yours alone. I foresee three paths: (1) they accept your decision after a heart-to-heart; or (2) they try to stop you but you have a plan to go through with your decision nonetheless; or (3) you have a change of mind and allow them to help you.

Upvote 0