mashka9

mashka9

Oct 4, 2023
i have an appointment with my psychiatrist tomorrow. my planned ctb date is this week's sunday, but i'm starting to wonder, if i should tell the nurse about my plan and get put in a ward again? help pls:(

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
i have an appointment with my psychiatrist tomorrow. my planned ctb date is this week's sunday, but i'm starting to wonder, if i should tell the nurse about my plan and get put in a ward again? help pls:(
If you feel comfortable and safe in a ward I'd go ahead and do it. If you're having to think whether you should CTB or not, then deep in your soul, you're telling yourself that you want more out of life. I would tell your psychiatrist.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mayonaise, Kit1, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
S

SafferGuy

Oct 27, 2023

If you're not sure then why don't you give a try if that's your kind of thing? I' personally rather die than be in a ward, but that's me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, i wanna be a cat, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
If u ctb thn u wll hve 0 othr chnces t/ try n.ethng els

S/ if thre r othr thngs t/ try thn nw wld b th/ tme

Reactions: Mayonaise, Kit1, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If you want to give yourself another chance then go for it. Imo it would be helpful if you had at least an idea why you are suicidal and why you want to CTB. That would help a lot to change the circumstances that make u suicidal. I wish you all the best!

• Hugs
Reactions: Mayonaise, Kit1 and mashka9
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
I disagree with going to the ward. The ward is not designed for recovery, it's designed for suicide prevention. Which may sound like the same, but it's completely different. The ward is designed to be a mental health prison that prevent suicide for the next week or so, under the assumption that your active suicidal ideation will go away if you're held hostage for a bit and that SI will kick in so that you won't be brave enough to ctb when you're released. It's not meant to make you recover and be happy. If you want to get help, I'd suggest going the typical route of psychiatrist + therapist instead, or even better: doing some soul searching on your own and focusing everything on fixing it because you know yourself better than any professional even will.

mashka9

mashka9

Oct 4, 2023
I disagree with going to the ward. The ward is not designed for recovery, it's designed for suicide prevention. Which may sound like the same, but it's completely different. The ward is designed to be a mental health prison that prevent suicide for the next week or so, under the assumption that your active suicidal ideation will go away if you're held hostage for a bit and that SI will kick in so that you won't be brave enough to ctb when you're released. It's not meant to make you recover and be happy. If you want to get help, I'd suggest going the typical route of psychiatrist + therapist instead, or even better: doing some soul searching on your own and focusing everything on fixing it because you know yourself better than any professional even will.
i ended up going to the er on tuesday and got put inpatient again after that. i already get help, go to a psychiatrist etc. but i can't really tell them about ctb plans etc. cause it (obviously) gets me put in a ward again. i've found that when i'm in the ward, i can at least be honest with my thoughts. i'm still trying to figure out if i want to lie-> get out and ctb, or tell the truth-> stay here for a longer time-> give recovery a chance

• Hugs
Reactions: NotToBeRemembered and penguinl0v3s
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
im glad you decided not to go through with it for a while longer. it really doesn't hurt to continue forwards, you never if tomorrow will bring you an unexpected life changing opportunity or experience. it's really beautiful to hold on to tomorrow. as long as you become .1% better every day that is still contributing to your progress. a neutral state of mind, or even a joyous one, are achievable. i believe in you