nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
My GP first gave me 50 tablets of 2mg diazepam (Valium) back in 2017. It led me to liking them and forging prescriptions. I got a total of 300 tablets of diazepam before getting caught and cautioned by police. The last successful attempt I got 50 tablets of 1mg alprazolam (Xanax).

I didn't know about withdrawal or addictiveness before I took them. I got horrible agitation months after and I think I've improved. I still remember that they improved my depression shortwhile and social anxiety.

I live in Ireland and GP's are very reluctant (not just here but in Ireland/UK) to hand out these to patients. I've heard many patients in the U.S taking a low dose (0.5, 0.25mg) of Xanax for years to deal with anxiety and it helps them and don't suffer many side effects.

Do you think it's worth trying long term?

Reactions: puppy9 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Maybe as an absolute last case scenario. Benzo addiction can occur rapidly, it's a strong category of drugs.

• Wow
Reactions: puppy9
Racon

Racon

Student
Aug 29, 2020
I'm surprised your GP gave you that much all at once. In Ireland I don't think any doctor will keep you on them for longer than 12 weeks. Though even if you had access to the drugs you'd quickly develop a tolerance for the lower doses which may create an urge to take higher doses.

Reactions: Cherry Crumpet
nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I'm surprised your GP gave you that much all at once. In Ireland I don't think any doctor will keep you on them for longer than 12 weeks. Though even if you had access to the drugs you'd quickly develop a tolerance for the lower doses which may create an urge to take higher doses.
You live in Ireland? I must say this was back in 2017. I'm aware that the Medical Council has changed regulations and now warned that doctors can face disciplinary action over prescribing.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
You live in Ireland? I must say this was back in 2017. I'm aware that the Medical Council has changed regulations and now warned that doctors can face disciplinary action over prescribing.
That's a worldwide thing. They've cracked down drastically in the states over RX Drugs as well.

Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
That's a huge dose for a first time user. When I first started I was prescribed .25mg once a day. this was almost 20 years ago though. I'm up to 8mg a day if I need it (prescribed). Though my usual amount is 2-4mg per day. I'm sure it's fucked up a number of things in my body and brain.

Ah well. That's life, I guess. It also keeps me from wanting to jump off a roof so there's that.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I took 30-50mg daily for years.
It was not a good move, the first couple of months you feel like you're flying, but then your brain and body functions start slowing and it causes so many problems.
I thought I had it hard coming off alcohol so could conquer a 'pesky tablet' addiction. I was wrong.
You realize they are no longer enhancing your experience but have just destroyed parts of you so that you no longer feel them at all.
Last months and months as you know.

I don't right this to scare anyone as there is lucky people who are less affected and hopefully nobody suffers, but unfortunately they will with these drugs.
I would recommend using heroin over high dose benzos long term, I really would, at least alcohol or heroin you can shake off physical withdrawal after a few days but benzos are like alcohol where you can die or worse have strokes, seizures, heart attacks.
And obtaining them. Is difficult you have to worry about fake tablets being sold on street, the dose, or organising a legit prescription.

Personally I don't like benzos because they gave me unjustified confidence, a kind of pep i dont like in others...
And it falsely reminds me that life was once bearable which it wasn't but the addiction was.
They will stop you from committing suicide, but not fix your life long run, find another way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bat 17