• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
So here I go:

-Tucker Carlson is intentionally lying in many of his shows. In general many right-wing commentators don't believe in what they are saying,

-it was right to leave Afghanistan. Nation building does not work this way. (Though the way we left was abysmal)

-the culture war is way too important for many people, Voting by economical interests is the better choice in many instances

-hard drugs should not be legalized (not fully convinced on weed but I tend to no)

-some climate activists are undemocratic and kind of extreme
-> linked to that: democracy is by far better to tackle the climate crisis than autocracies

-conservatives are better in selling their policies as wins, in many instances I think they are strategically better in power politics

I would add some takes on German politics but noone would understand them so I don't do it

- many conservatives are also way too obsessed by identity politics, in many aspects Donald Trump was a postmodern president something many right-wingers associate with left candidates

-Obama was a pretty mediocre president and was/is way too hyped by the media

- Putin is by far mainly responsible for the war against Ukraine. There are no valid justifications for his actions and the war crimes. Though it is true the West is in many instances hypocritical on human rights etc. But this is what pro-Russian supporters want to invoke: a false equivalence or whataboutism: look why cannot we do a illegal war against a country when the US did it in Iraq too?

I could probably go on with my list for quite some time but for now I give other people the opportunity to share their controversial takes.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I have a feeling that ALL countries have a certain amount of corruption and skeletons in the closet- and some, we may never find out about.

I find it difficult to trust governments, news sources, big corporations.

I don't even bother to vote. I wouldn't know who to vote for- or, who to trust.

stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
Colonization was the worst atrocity to happen in this world.

The so called "civilization" the colonizers have built throughout the years is complete bullshit and only an excuse to explore other countries and mess with their soberanity.

There should be no state, no social classes and no capitalism.
"O capitalismo falhou, falha e falhará em cada uma das sociedades onde ele colocar os seus tentáculos que se baseiam na expropriação e na exploração do homem pelo homem.".

Reactions: Ontwon
IfyouareamanWinston

IfyouareamanWinston

Student
Aug 22, 2022
I don't think that political structure maters that much, ultimately humans are fundamentally exploitative and large societies will always have to step up on the backs of others. Monkey brain if you will

VisualSeppuku

VisualSeppuku

Settle down, ok?
Mar 6, 2023
- The Hitler is overhyped as a bad person. He brought Germany from a lost world war to a superpower that incited fear into the entire world. Industrial progression was amazing and the pride he put in his people was incredible. Nazi Germany's industrial might still influences the world today with many discoveries and advancements. Volkswagen is a great example of a company that provides a lot of it's might thanks to Nazi Germany.
I personally also believe that murdering, enslaving and segregating a certain populous that are in your country is not as bad as murdering, enslaving and raping another country, that being China and India by Churchill's ruling.
In the end Hitler wanted to see Germany prosper and take back what they had after the loss of WWI. The heroes write the books.

- Net zero is bullshit. If I were to build a home, I would have it running as off-grid as possible. I'd happily drive a EV anywhere and have a break, coffee and what not every 500km while it charges. However I'm just a regular civilian on a low income wage, who doesn't own anything other than a car I bought for $2000 which costs me a fortnight's wage per year to own. Only taking a quarter of my weekly income in fuel (>30,000km per year). I literally cannot afford to buy an EV, it is not possible whatsoever. My car is 20 years old. An EV lasts a max of 7 years, but the battery is basically toast after 5. A $50,000 EV will cost a minimum of $20,000 to replace the battery which will only last 5-7 years. Let alone the fact that a $50,000 EV would be like buying a $90 wish phone and the fact that electricity is fucking expensive. If I could even afford to build a house, I installing solar, rain catcher, storage and energy storage is very very expensive. Why would I buy a heatpumps to keep my home warm when I can grab a trailer of firewood for $100. Housing is incredibly unaffordable as is thanks to gentrification... And that's what I think this is all about, policy makers ride around in their private jets to go and have tea with the neighbouring politician while they worry about the sky falling down. Turning a blind eye to the corporation's and industries that destroy the environment for money.

- BLM and police brutality protest/riots were stupid. Not to be confused with the civil rights movement, which was vital.

- Finland has better gun freedom than every state in the US. Yet you're more than 3 times likely to be shot and killed anywhere in the US.

- In Australia, if you're from New Zealand and you commit a crime, your chances of deportation are very high even if you're an essential worker. Yet if you are a leb who goes around bashing, antagonising and disturbing people. You don't get any real punishment. I've been caught in a physical road rage only twice. Both times were leb thugs antagonising me to the point where I feared for my life. One was over a simple mistake which resulted in nothing actually happening but they felt the need to drag my helpless 17 year old self out of the car and try and bash me. Second was over nothing in the beginning but was escalated twice. Almost ended in us getting flattened by trucks going 100 or by them causing a pileup in the middle of the M5 tunnel due to their treacherous driving. As of yet, even with video evidence. Nothing has happened that I have heard of. How come a they can run a muck while our brothers in arms that help build our homes and industries are getting deported for a simple possession charge.

- Being Male is worse off than being female. Men have more responsibility, more accountabilities and less control. As a man I have no right as to whether I want a child or not with someone I love or not. Whereas a woman can get around and decide. A man has everything to lose in a break up while a woman has everything to gain. Women's mental health tends to be more important, a woman can speak out about their troubles with their friends where as a man will most likely be laughed at. More women tend to feel suicidal but exceptionally more men tend to go through with suicidal where the most common last words will express their feeling of lack of purpose. Commonly after a break up where their kids are taken and hard worked assets are split. Men also have high insurance fees and tend to be expected to fund their family. It's a big can of worms but it's a problem that gets overlooked. But such is life.

Last edited:
DarkMilk

DarkMilk

May 16, 2023
So here I go:

-Tucker Carlson is intentionally lying in many of his shows. In general many right-wing commentators don't believe in what they are saying,
You can see his speeches, interviews, and even caught-off-air clips and he 100% believes everything he is saying. You're right that most commentators don't believe the stuff they talk, and that is very evident because they straight up say this as a matter of fact off-air. Doesn't necessarily mean he is telling the truth. Is a schizophrenic lying when he tells you there are people in his walls?

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I am not completely sure if this is considered controversial, but considering that there is much about about it...

- The concept of a political spectrum, as it is talked about (mainly) from the view of the USA, has become tired; terms such as: "left-wing" and "right-wing" are mostly meaningless. It is nothing more than shallow tribalism.

Reactions: apple2myeye!
Float On Okay

Float On Okay

I won’t be okay.
May 13, 2020
It's contradictory to dislike the government and it's agencies and then advocate for policies that require bureaucratic expansion.

no.hope

no.hope

May 7, 2023
- BLM and police brutality protest/riots were stupid. Not to be confused with the civil rights movement, which was vital.
BLM was a stupid movement tbh , violent , expensive , no point & no real progress was made out of the whole thing.

but the reason behind BLM is very much real , in which country is the police not oppressive (very few)

VisualSeppuku

VisualSeppuku

Settle down, ok?
Mar 6, 2023
BLM was a stupid movement tbh , violent , expensive , no point & no real progress was made out of the whole thing.

but the reason behind BLM is very much real , in which country is the police not oppressive (very few)
If police are oppressive, than the government are at fault. The police merely enforce what the government says. The US has to be the worst place in the world to be a police officer. Not only do you get constantly judged, scrutinised and poked at. But you also have to clock on at work and hope that the people you interact with won't try and kill you or force you to pull your trigger. You are also basically powerless, it turns doing mundane traffic stops into an absolute mind fuck because the bloke you just caught breaking the speed limit is now whipping out everything in their power under the constitution and legal rights to slow you down.
My point is, you have cops that work in shitty areas that need to deal with all types of shit all day. Always being mindful of the fact that they're vulnerable. When someone does something, they begin acting up. I'd begin acting up too, out of fear or pure stress.
I genuinely believe that people are looking at it as a racial issue are full of shit. People like that whine too much

Float On Okay

Float On Okay

I won’t be okay.
May 13, 2020
A human right is something you're morally entitled to as a human. You're not morally entitled to anything which requires another person's service. You may believe that all humans deserve x, y, and z but that doesn't mean everyone magically has a right to those things.

I'm pro-choice but I feel both sides of the abortion debate have a leg to stand on. The debate is far more sophisticated than many pro-choicers make it out to be; it's not just crazy Christians trying to strip women of their bodily autonomy. To completely dehumanize the opposing side of the debate is counterproductive as it makes them more stubborn to change and makes you look more like a fool.

I'm unabashedly pro-gun, just as I am pro-drug. I believe there are many positive aspects of mass gun ownership that aren't sensationalized through mass media, like mass shootings are. Even if there weren't benefits to gun ownership, I would still be pro-gun out of principle. I think the nature of gun control is fundamentally bizarre. Still, I don't ignore the occurrence of things that are inconvenient to my ideology, like many pro-gunners do with mass shootings. It's tragic when innocent people are murdered, especially children.

Last edited: