Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
I wanted to be a writer. Writing means everything to me, it's my only way out of reality, and the only thing that I'm able to be focused on. I don't know if I still have hope. Also, my native language (the language I write in) is not a widely spoken one, so I guess that my dream is way too hard to accomplish. But still it's the only thing that keeps me going.

What do you think will be needed to help you get your writing to the audience. ?

Maybe @poof can help you ?

• Hugs
Reactions: Azazel
Azazel

Azazel

Silent
Jun 23, 2019
What do you think will be needed to help you get your writing to the audience. ?

I've been getting into writing contests, I think it's one of the best ways to get known, but even though I've succeded in some of this contests, I feel like there are already too many great writers and there's not place for me. Right now I take it more as a hobby, I write a lot, but I rarely finish something (which is also one of my problems, I never finish anything). Right now getting my writing to the audience is not my priority, even if I would love to sustain myself as a writer. But anyway, thanks for your reply and interest:hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Righttodie
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
The standard American happy ending:
Wife, kids, a decent piece of land with a white picket fence and a good lawn.
After a while, though, it took an unexpected turn into becoming one of those musical hobos. They make an above-average salary, actually. The competent ones, at least.
Both of them got smashed by, you guessed it, epilepsy.
Now I'm the average bitter guy - lonely, bitter, and have a job that I hate but can't lose.
Nobody wants to hire an epileptic.
Worse, I see the young ones like Andrew Huang, the kind of guys that can turn farts into music. Me? I can see how they can do it, the theory behind it, but if I try to sit down and make something, I'd be lucky to have only auras and not actual seizures.
Even if it's partials, it's still a mess. Can't learn anything with partials.
Partials are the worst. You know what your body is doing but you can not stop it. Terrifying. Do you have to let employers know about the epilepsy? Do you have a lot of them, and whar meds do they have you on?

I've been getting into writing contests, I think it's one of the best ways to get known, but even though I've succeded in some of this contests, I feel like there are already too many great writers and there's not place for me. Right now I take it more as a hobby, I write a lot, but I rarely finish something (which is also one of my problems, I never finish anything). Right now getting my writing to the audience is not my priority, even if I would love to sustain myself as a writer. But anyway, thanks for your reply and interest:hug:

I wanted to be a writer. Writing means everything to me, it's my only way out of reality, and the only thing that I'm able to be focused on. I don't know if I still have hope. Also, my native language (the language I write in) is not a widely spoken one, so I guess that my dream is way too hard to accomplish. But still it's the only thing that keeps me going.
Go online and find a magazine that publishes similar works to yours....and send in some stories. The online magazines are super, the audience far broader than contests, and you sound like a natural. Artists rarely see the value in their own works. Others judge, and it is quite a revelation to find your writing published. Go figure. Try it Az. For all of us...smile.
If you need help with the endings then contact me/possibly Right. I am certainly willing to do what I can. Then I can drop names...smile. Well I can drop your name, and listen as people swoon in envy...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Azazel and Righttodie
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019

As long as you felt compelled enough to create something, it holds value and the potential to be appreciated.

It's all a matter to time and space.
Right time and the right space in particular.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Azazel and blanketyblk
Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
I wanted my career success to last. I wanted a partner in life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, Lennox, Kassender and 2 others
Azazel

Azazel

Silent
Jun 23, 2019
Partials are the worst. You know what your body is doing but you can not stop it. Terrifying. Do you have to let employers know about the epilepsy? Do you have a lot of them, and whar meds do they have you on?

Go online and find a magazine that publishes similar works to yours....and send in some stories. The online magazines are super, the audience far broader than contests, and you sound like a natural. Artists rarely see the value in their own works. Others judge, and it is quite a revelation to find your writing published. Go figure. Try it Az. For all of us...smile.
If you need help with the endings then contact me/possibly Right. I am certainly willing to do what I can. Then I can drop names...smile. Well I can drop your name, and listen as people swoon in envy...

I hadn't thought about magazines, it's an amazing idea. I'll be sure to look around and try to publish something in one or a few of them.Thanks a lot for the advice^^

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Deleted member 1768 and Righttodie
Azazel

Azazel

Silent
Jun 23, 2019
As long as you felt compelled enough to create something, it holds value and the potential to be appreciated.

You're completly right. I'll take it slowly, but I'll be sure to be there at the right time, or at least I'll try

• Hugs
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019

I love that point of view!! wow!

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Deleted member 1768 and Righttodie
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
Forged rebuild of the engine on my dead (sports) car and modify it to 500hp or thereabout and do a roadtrip with my dreamgirl.

Neither of those are going to happen but i'm starting to become ok with it now ... It can't be helped. I don't want to own a house, have a family all the usual things people seek in life have gone right past me due to life's circumstances. I don't care anymore.

There seem to be alot of creative people here ... Sad no one got to be what they wanted in life. And even losing the will to live in the process.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Kassender, Deleted member 1768 and 3 others
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
Forged rebuild of the engine on my dead (sports) car and modify it to 500hp or thereabout and do a roadtrip with my dreamgirl.

Neither of those are going to happen but i'm starting to become ok with it now ... It can't be helped. I don't want to own a house, have a family all the usual things people seek in life have gone right past me due to life's circumstances. I don't care anymore.

There seem to be alot of creative people here ... Sad no one got to be what they wanted in life. And even losing the will to live in the process.

Yes, it is sad.

Death of all that ever could be for most of us who are now left dreaming of just a painless way out of this existence.

That's life in a nutshell, wonderland for some and hell for others.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, pane, Midnight and 1 other person
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Yes, it is sad.

Death of all that ever could be for most of us who are now left dreaming of just a painless way out of this existence.

a movie quote comes quite well at describing the end of someone's life.
"It's a hell of a thing; killin' a man. You take away everything he ever had and ever would have."

Thats how dream die to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Midnight and Righttodie
LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Yes, it is sad.

Well said.

• Hugs
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
a movie quote comes quite well at describing the end of someone's life.
"It's a hell of a thing; killin' a man. You take away everything he ever had and ever would have."

Thats how dream die to me.

It's a beautiful dialogue

• Hugs
Reactions: blanketyblk
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
"There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily, and so do dreams and hearts."

• Hugs
Reactions: Faceless_end, Lennox, not_a_robot and 1 other person
thedutchguy

thedutchguy

Slowly drowing
Jun 5, 2019
My unfulfilled dream is a road through America with a mobile home. Always wanted to do a couple of months driving through America.

But not near enough funds to make that happen..

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, not_a_robot and Midnight
thrwaway99

thrwaway99

Student
Mar 24, 2019
Never had dreams. Life is so short you only get to be the thing you wanted to be for a short while anyways.

LonelyGhost

LonelyGhost

May 25, 2019
I wanted to be a fighter pilot. A firefighter or workingas a paramedic. Unfortunately I have crippling anxiety and Tourette's. Air Force wouldn't want to touch me. I suck at math. Couldn't do school I would have anxiety attacks and had zero interest in the material. Tried the firefighter but I was always too nervous and mostly everybody at the fire station was a type A personality where I am more type B and shy. Plus I have lots of tattoos so I can hardly find a place that wants me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox and Rukia
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
All I wanted was to raise my children. My ex knew that, so took them away.

• Aww..
Reactions: Lennox, HGL91, Life+me=error and 1 other person
Maksimka Ai

Maksimka Ai

Broken
Apr 26, 2019
Loving family, children, and financial independence

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, Lennox, Life+me=error and 1 other person
Life+me=error

Life+me=error

Warlock
May 22, 2019
My dream was always to start a business and live on a beautiful little farm. My own piece of land all paid for. No debt collectors knocking on my door. Just beautiful silence :happy:

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Mn1245, Maksimka Ai and 2 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'd like to be able to eat without various kinds of pain. I'd like to be able to run on a beach. Or walk down a street for that matter.

If you can breathe please appreciate it!

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Life+me=error, 262653 and 1 other person
shaddix

shaddix

Jun 26, 2019
I want to go to the moon!

Reactions: Lennox, oopswronglife and kuddelmuddel23
mold

mold

local fungi
Jun 25, 2019
to have a job im happy with, meeting my friends who live too far, travelling around the world, and so much more honestly. ive ruined a lot of it

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox and Life+me=error
tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
I always wanted to become Captain America.

Reactions: Lennox and been_there
Socrates Augustus

Socrates Augustus

Feb 21, 2019
I just wanted a girlfriend, a few friends and a decent job. People see that as the basics, to me it would be a luxury.
The pathetic level is sky high.
Same here.

Reactions: Xaphous
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I made my dreams happen. Traveled internationally and nationally many times for pleasure and tourism. Had a few long term romantic relationships with fun, attractive men. Studied Nursing in University without debt. I've eaten so
many exotic and delicious meals. Had some years in my early 20s of looking gorgeous and feeling like a million bucks going to parties and bars.

That's why I'm ready to CTB now. I have nothing more I want to do that I think I'm capable of. I've had 27 years of various experiences. I don't want to be a mother because I'd be terrible. I'm already a cool aunt to my nieces, nephews and cousins' children, and that's fun without the stress. I don't care about making a ton of money as a career woman. I don't care about trying to change the world because I think there is no true good in the world; only people following rules. And I REALLY don't care about paying off credit card debt lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, Lennox, Azazel and 3 others
R

Rollinggirl

Student
Jul 15, 2019
I just wanted to feel fine

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, Lennox and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
My dream of using N in suppository form to bypass nausea will go unfulfilled.
:(

Unlucked

Unlucked

Student
Jul 10, 2019
I wanted to be a nurse and help retire my Aunt who raised me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, lllll and not_a_robot
Fadinglife

Fadinglife

Student
Apr 16, 2019
Dreaming seems scary at the moment. The less i think the better. To answer the question perhaps everything and may be nothing as i don't think i am supposed to miss the things i have never experienced. I hope in my case curiosity and temptation dies first and i am in zoned out phase or almost catatonic or numb when it's time to ctb.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Azazel and not_a_robot