Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
Place to share the dreams you have had for life and feel will never be fulfilled because of how life has turned out.
Or maybe dreams you wish can be fulfilled as you have some hope for the future.

Not only the body dies, all dreams and hopes do too

Last edited:
Reactions: Lennox, The.End, Deleted member 4288 and 7 others
Rukia

Rukia

Enlightened
Jun 3, 2019
I wanted to become a medical doctor...

• Hugs
Reactions: DoneWithThis, Lennox, savagek and 11 others
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I guess my dream would have equated to transitioning young by hormone blockers because sex cannot magically change from one to the other. Then have a somewhat a normal life with not being pushed to do 'x' because of being considered a guy by everyone from vocal & visual appearance. The younger generation than me, living in the society of today, have it so much easier in that regard and that I cannot believe I get turned away by doctors (when trying to get medical assistance in dying) for gender dysphoria.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Lennox, lllll, Deleted member 4288 and 12 others
kuddelmuddel23

kuddelmuddel23

Expert Level Tree Farmer
Jun 13, 2019
I always wanted to direct my own movie.

• Hugs
Reactions: DoneWithThis, ReverendGreen, Lennox and 9 others
Rukia

Rukia

Enlightened
Jun 3, 2019
Did you get close?
Unfortunately no...I started having problems with learning in my high school which was the crucial time if you want to pass the medical school entrance exam...

What do you like about it ?
Nice white garment :)
Salary
Being useful
Place of work

Thanks guys for asking :hug:

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lennox, Deleted member 4288, puppy9 and 5 others
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Unfortunately no...I started having problems with learning in my high school which was the crucial time if you want to pass the medical school entrance exam...

I always thought the path to become a doctor is going to university and completing courses before you even enter the medical program. What part of problems did you start having in high school? I'm not aware to how old you are but I know doctors who started much later than their peers. Memory skills might not even get to what's need for an individual compared to another and until the person is late 20s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ldog9, Kjo and Righttodie
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
To have true love from a person who is exactly like me. My mind has been conditioned from a young age and for my whole life believing that if I have that, I'll have happiness. I believe I have found the person but I think the problem is the timing. I have hope it will work out in the future.

• Hugs
Reactions: DoneWithThis, Lennox, Ldog9 and 4 others
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
To get a job as an artist and get married. I'm too deeply broken for either of those things so now my dream is to die. Luckily I think I can fulfill that one, haha.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, lllll, Kassender and 6 others
Rukia

Rukia

Enlightened
Jun 3, 2019
I always thought the path to become a doctor is going to university and completing courses before you even enter the medical program. What part of problems did you start having in high school? I'm not aware to how old you are but I know doctors who started much later than their peers. Memory skills might not even get to what's need for an individual compared to another and until the person is late 20s.
In my county you go to the medical school after high school...Now I am 36 and stupefied by mental illness...But thank you for taking interest in my case... :happy:
As for the problems in highschool there is hardly a point boring ppl with this now, it is in the past :)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lennox, Deleted member 4288, Ldog9 and 4 others
Paisley

Paisley

Jun 11, 2019
want to buy the land and mineral rights to a location with an endangered biome and then make it into a nature reserve.

also want to design and build my own home. should probably complete an architecture program first, which takes 7 years.

both of these dreams require way more money than i will ever have.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lennox, lllll, NoDream and 5 others
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
To get a job as an artist and get married. I'm too deeply broken for either of those things so now my dream is to die. Luckily I think I can fulfill that one, haha.
Wish things were different
To have true love from a person who is exactly like me. My mind has been conditioned from a young age and for my whole life believing that if I have that, I'll have happiness. I believe I have found the person but I think the problem is the timing. I have hope it will work out in the future.
I hope it does :)
I always wanted to direct my own movie.
Do you have hope it will happen ?

Reactions: Ldog9
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
I wanted to become a funeral director.
I wanted to get my master's degree.
I wanted to be a professional MMA fighter.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Lennox, lostangel, Life+me=error and 3 others
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
I guess my dream would have equated to transitioning young by hormone blockers because sex cannot magically change from one to the other. Then have a somewhat a normal life with not being pushed to do 'x' because of being considered a guy by everyone from vocal & visual appearance. The younger generation than me, living in the society of today, have it so much easier in that regard and that I cannot believe I get turned away by doctors (when trying to get medical assistance in dying) for gender dysphoria.
We could say that for the future generations to come hopefully as they will have possibly better mental health care than we do now.

Do you have hope that you would be able to see your dream come true ?
want to buy the land and mineral rights to a location with an endangered biome and then make it into a nature reserve.

also want to design and build my own home. should probably complete an architecture program first, which takes 7 years.

both of these dreams require way more money than i will ever have.
At least we have the dreams to ourselves

Reactions: Ldog9, Paisley and alizee
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
ALL of my dreams would go unfulfilled even if I wasn't suicidal, unfortunately. They are mostly unrealistic fantasies that mean a lot to me. Things such as taking over the world, changing society, transcending this human form, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, reece.capes, Catch_The_Beaver and 4 others
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
We could say that for the future generations to come hopefully as they will have possibly better mental health care than we do now.

Do you have hope that you would be able to see your dream come true ?

At least we have the dreams to ourselves

To answer your question, no because the summation of events I lived have damaged my psych and where I'm not normal or how I would have ever strived to become.

I do respect myself for the resilience of my character by what happened. But it's sadly awfully different to my original self and makes me approach things from a person who was victim of abuse so much.

Similar, I'm unable to experience many sacred childhood to adulthood events and I'm now in late 20s (almost 30). I've been trying to finance surgeries the past few years but fate ended up convincing me it's not meant to be and with the awful chain-long events making me see how unreal my experiences have been compared to others in similar situations and that I think nobody should ever had to live through.

Right now I'm on disability absence from work (second time) in the past year. I likely will be non-hireable after this job and it hasn't really helped me save any money. I have no friends or family and basically just live an isolated life because being around people is a constant reminder of how awful everything has been.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lennox, Kassender, NoDream and 3 others
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
In my county you go to the medical school after high school...

Sounds like a latin american country haha...my bf also wanted to be a doctor and go to a battlefield and end it there....he don't know why 9_9

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape and Righttodie
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
I wanted to be a doctor and to help people early on. But after seeing the requirements and costs I knew it wasn't a possibility.

In fantasy land I'd like to live on Mars someday, or live quasi-forever and explore the universe.

But eh, unrealistic and the pain of daily life doesn't make either "dream" worth it.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Ratbat, Ldog9 and 4 others
LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Hoped to one day retire and spend my days watching all the films and reading all the books I've yet to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Life+me=error, kuddelmuddel23 and 4 others
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
Hoped to one day retire and spend my days watching all the films and reading all the books I've yet to do.
Chances are slim for it happening ?

Reactions: Final Escape
Loli

Loli

highly flammable
May 25, 2019
I wanted to draw my own manga

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: reece.capes, Kassender, Ratbat and 7 others
LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Chances are slim for it happening ?
They are sadly. I'll probably not be able to afford to retire and I can't face all the years I have to go anyway.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lennox, Mn1245, Righttodie and 1 other person
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Professional violin player. been playing the violin since i was 6. simply love it. I'm quite good. but never good enough :-(

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Brainpain, Kassender and 9 others
Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
I wanted to be a doctor. I wanted to play music. I wanted to have loving family ...

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Brainpain, Life+me=error and 5 others
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
I just wanted a girlfriend, a few friends and a decent job. People see that as the basics, to me it would be a luxury.
The pathetic level is sky high.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Kassender, reece.capes and 14 others
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
I wanted to get married. Or be deeply known and loved at least once.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lennox and 10 others
V

vulturecyclop

May 23, 2019
Cartoon Network character designer/ freelance illustrator, a family with a loving husband, retire in the mountains and, a pet snake, having an useful skill and the resources to help others somehow.

Since all of those are impossible to achieve, I'd be more than happy enough with simply a financially secure and stable job and have a life partner I can spoil with delicious food and gifts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lennox, Kassender, Ratbat and 3 others