J

JayBot2005

Aug 23, 2020
I'm currently on Lithium, paliperidone, Venlafaxine and valium when I need it. After some light research it is apparent to me that all of these contribute to sexual dysfunction.

I am hardly able to get and keep an erection, I can't orgasm and I have zero libido.

I feel castrated by my medication and I feel as if a vital part of me as a human being has been ripped away from me.

Does anyone else share a similar experience? Is help available? In that case what?

Xo

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: noname223 and WornOutLife
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
have you talked to your psychiatrist about it? (or whoever prescribed them)

• Love
Reactions: JayBot2005 and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It hasn't happened to me but if I were you I would do what @Life_and_Death suggested, talk to your psych about it!

• Love
Reactions: JayBot2005
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I had the opposite problems linked with ocd, bit better now. Think only the Dr can help. :heart:

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Thanks for the tips, maybe I'll try meds again.

• Yay!
Reactions: Bat 17, gtrfvr and motel rooms
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
That's an upside of my medications curbing my sex drive. It was ridiculous and ruining my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: gtrfvr
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
Yes you should talk to your psych and also have your prolactin levels measured (blood test)

I'm on a similar combination to you and have had these problems too, although in my case I welcome it but I'm probably at a different stage of life. There are alternatives though if you are having these issues so don't worry about that

Last edited:
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
that's part of why I'm here, I know how awful it is. Talk to your doctor and there's a good change tapering of primarily your antidepressants and maybe antipsychotic as well, will give you your sexuality back