Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/profile-picture-guidelines.82591/ I can see where you're coming from. I think 'we' have established that while many users don't agree, the site mods and admins don't have a solid stance on the matter, or any enforceable rules against it.
THE PEOPLE WHO LITERALLY WRITE THE RULES: hmm, I've consulted the rule book regarding serial killer avatars and there isn't anything here which is enforceable, I'm afraid my hands are tied, there is therefore literally nothing l can do about the matter.

• Yay!
Reactions: GentleJerk
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
THE PEOPLE WHO LITERALLY WRITE THE RULES: hmm, I've consulted the rule book regarding serial killer avatars and there isn't anything here which is enforceable, I'm afraid my hands are tied, there is therefore literally nothing l can do about the matter.
I think we have a thread about this in forum suggestions, nah? Which kind of means eventually this should be resolved?

Reactions: waitingforrest
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
I think we have a thread about this in forum suggestions, nah? Which kind of means eventually this should be resolved?
It was created two months ago, and has three pages of interesting comments, but I didn't see any admin/mod input.

Reactions: Chinaski
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
It was created two months ago, and has three pages of interesting comments, but I didn't see any admin/mod input.
Welp, if it's not there we're even less likely to see any here in Offtopic, I suppose...At least if my assumptions about how things operate here are correct.

CommunistAndProud

CommunistAndProud

Apr 1, 2022
Many society outcasts on here
"The Eyes are the window to your soul"
In this case, the profile pics

BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
Many society outcasts on here
"The Eyes are the window to your soul"
In this case, the profile pics
Well, that implies way worse than what I was thinking in this case. However, there are a multitude of explanations that could apply. The suggestions of attention-getting, pot-stirring and edgelord seem to suffice here.

• Yay!
Reactions: CommunistAndProud
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
off course its psychophantic and tragic and in bad taste. but so is mickey mouse...

..if jeff dahmer modelled for playgirl id definately devote myself and my seed to him.
seriously if id met him in a bar i'd definately go home with him. and make him my avatar.
and also maybe my master.
and um... murderer.

maybe it's his blonde backwoods mullet thats tousled and messy
or the evil colour of his eyes that watch without giving away what he's thinking
i dont know - its just something that makes me somewhat obsessed ::
i woud gladly offer myself o be part of his altar, or his dinner.

in my merry go round sex-death-pleasure carnival; curiosity turns to desire to yearning to acting out to kinky games
like shower-drowning; cage dipping and asphyxiation
and if chemsex is the way the game is played, baby the safe word is harder hurt me more.

i like scary avatars. they mean the people behind them are also scary...
nice to meet you! may i have your head?
such a funny topic... yum.

• Yay!
Reactions: akana and Rogue Proxy
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
off course its psychophantic and tragic and in bad taste. but so is mickey mouse...

..if jeff dahmer modelled for playgirl id definately devote myself and my seed to him.
seriously if id met him in a bar i'd definately go home with him. and make him my avatar.
and also maybe my master.
and um... murderer.

maybe it's his blonde backwoods mullet thats tousled and messy
or the evil colour of his eyes that watch without giving away what he's thinking
i dont know - its just something that makes me somewhat obsessed ::
i woud gladly offer myself o be part of his altar, or his dinner.

in my merry go round sex-death-pleasure carnival; curiosity turns to desire to yearning to acting out to kinky games
like shower-drowning; cage dipping and asphyxiation
and if chemsex is the way the game is played, baby the safe word is harder hurt me more.

i like scary avatars. they mean the people behind them are also scary...
nice to meet you! may i have your head?
such a funny topic... yum.
How's this for sexy cannibal background music?

• Love
Reactions: NSA
NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
This thread is making me want a serial killer avatar.

• Yay!
Reactions: deleted
NSA

NSA

Feb 21, 2022
Well.. I'll stick myself firmly in the free speech camp then. What can I say? I like true crime and forensics stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: deleted and Rogue Proxy
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
Well.. I'll stick myself firmly in the free speech camp then. What can I say? I like true crime and forensics stuff.

And for those so inclined, there is a morbid humor to it.
Ok. Vote recognized. I too am interested in forensics, and am a student of psychopathy. Which is why I personally don't share in the humor angle.

NSA

NSA

Feb 21, 2022
Ok. Vote recognized. I too am interested in forensics, and am a student of psychopathy. Which is why I personally don't share in the humor angle.
It's kind of here and there for me too. I tend to think of it as "gallows humor". Something very common among those who witness tragedy. You laugh so you don't cry, and all.

It could just be immature nonsense too, but as long as no one is being attacked or targeted personally, I don't see the harm. Immature nonsense is it's own coping mechanism.

BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
It's kind of here and there for me too. I tend to think of it as "gallows humor". Something very common among those who witness tragedy. You laugh so you don't cry, and all.

It could just be immature nonsense too, but as long as no one is being attacked or targeted personally, I don't see the harm. Immature nonsense is it's own coping mechanism.

I get it. I have a seriously sharp cynical edge myself. But you witness enough slaughter, and that particular aspect loses any humor. And as for the impetus to my creating this thread in the first place, I have no doubt it was, as you said, immature nonsense.