• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

ConsumedMoonpowder

Did something VERY WRONG
Nov 9, 2023
just wanted some more information on how stabbing yourself in the stomach area would work. how sharp would the knife have to be? from my observation it seems incredibly difficult to do with a normal kitchen knife due to SI, but maybe not impossible. for biology nerds, how and where should the knife be aimed to do maximum damage? the layer of skin isn't too thick for me personally. how slowly would I pass out depending on the damage/blood loss? how about if underwater?

Reactions: ASBA999
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I think it's not worth trying. It's extremely painful and unreliable. I guess you would have to stab yourself real bad multiple times and in multiple places to cause enough damage and you won't be able to do so because of pain and si

D

Deleted member 65988

Yeeah, believe it or not, I thought about this as a method a while ago but it's really difficult to pull off plus the human anatomy is such a tricky thing too. Getting to any of the vital points would be rather difficult and by the time you even get anywhere, it would be extremly painful and agonizing.

Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber
alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
I agree with the above response. I work in the medical field.

Abdominal self-stabbing would take at least 4 hours to pass. Minimum. Puncturing the aorta, which is extremely unlikely, would be the best option. But not even a skilled surgeon could guarantee that with a single stab wound without eyes on the inside. Your body composition would also be a major factor. If you are mostly lean muscle with a low BMI vs. higher fat composition.

The odds of lasting impact and a non-successful attempt are extremely high.

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES OF A STAB WOUND IN THE LINK BELOW

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 65988
C

ConsumedMoonpowder

Did something VERY WRONG
Nov 9, 2023
thanks for the responses. I was actually thinking of combining this with drowning, so the lethality of the knife stab actually doesn't matter too much, but the damage needs to be enough to keep me from being able to struggle. also another question, how bad would it be if i don't stab deep enough?

Last edited:
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Isn't that some kind of Japanese samurai method?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Search: Seppuku (ritual method of the ninja warriors)

D

Deleted member 65988

Isn't that some kind of Japanese samurai method?
Yeah but that is usually done with someone taking the head in combination with the stomach being cut open, that's how most likely how Nobunaga died in 1582 to prevent his head being taken. Sometimes it was done laterally and horizontally. Sometimes I do wonder how the mass suicides of the Tokuso Hojo in 1333 happened since its not like they had the time to assist each other properly.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Stabbing to the stomach would be incredibly unreliable, even several stabs likely won't kill. I know seppuku/harakiri is a thing, however this was done with the individual slashing their own stomach before being beheaded by someone else, or stabbing themselves in the neck if they were alone, in either case their neck would be cut as well rather than just the stomach.
If I were to stab myself, I would aim for the carotid, since you put your fingers on it in order to check your pulse so it can easily be located. One solid stab as hard as I can, before putting all my remaining effort into pulling the knife out, and then I would bleed out, not an instant death but that's not really viable with a knife, I would probably only be alive or at least awake for maybe a minute at best.

alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
Search: Seppuku (ritual method of the ninja warriors)
The first thing that comes up is this method was used to "ensure a slow and agonizing death" and it wasn't a single stab wound. The samurais were disembowling themselves by inserting the dagger on one side then cutting across the stomach and up.

thanks for the responses. I was actually thinking of combining this with drowning, so the lethality of the knife stab actually doesn't matter too much, but the damage needs to be enough to keep me from being able to struggle. also another question, how bad would it be if i don't stab deep enough?
It depends on where. You could damage a major organ and need surgery. I am a baby when it comes to pain so the stab wound would likely make me struggle more if I tried to drown myself. Seems like it would make for a stronger SI response since your body is in pain and also losing oxygen.

D

Deleted member 65988

If I were to stab myself, I would aim for the carotid, since you put your fingers on it in order to check your pulse so it can easily be located. One solid stab as hard as I can, before putting all my remaining effort into pulling the knife out, and then I would bleed out, not an instant death but that's not really viable with a knife, I would probably only be alive or at least awake for maybe a minute at best.
You'd definitely bleed out really fast. Problem with the Carotid artery is as much as you can feel it with a pulse, to get the right angle and force needed to do it in one go is rather difficult plus you'd need something really sharp and strong.

C

ConsumedMoonpowder

Did something VERY WRONG
Nov 9, 2023
It depends on where. You could damage a major organ and need surgery. I am a baby when it comes to pain so the stab wound would likely make me struggle more if I tried to drown myself. Seems like it would make for a stronger SI response since your body is in pain and also losing oxygen.
if i give myself something like 5 hours without being discovered, even if SI won, would it still kill me in the end? i know its incredibly awful to resort to something like that but the most important thing for me is to succeed

D

Deleted member 65988

if i give myself something like 5 hours without being discovered, even if SI won, would it still kill me in the end? i know its incredibly awful to resort to something like that but the most important thing for me is to succeed
I'd still not do that if I were you. Even if SI won, it'd be pretty agonizing.

alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
If SI wins and you do not proceed with the drowning attempt, the odds of survival are extremely high. For reference, most scientific studies available with a quick Google indicate the fatality rate of gunshot wounds to the abdomen is less than 10%. Using a general logic of damage of a bullet vs. a stab wound I'd guess fatality from a single stab wound alone is less than 5%.

I understand the focus on success. This is my priority as well. It is my opinion you should look at other options. This has an extremely high chance of surviving and being worse off.

Last edited:
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
How old are you? Peaceful methods are really not that difficult to access if you truly want to die

But just listen here. I was accidentally stabbed in the hand this year. The pain was excruciating, and i needed emergency surgery. It still hurts to this day. Now imagine an even larger area with more nerves to protect your vital organs. If a little stab wound to the hand sucks so bad I'd never even CONSIDER that which you propose

Edit -- you also really underestimate what biology written into the brain does when you see lots of blood and are in pain. I'm suicidal through and through but when I saw all that blood coming from the artery in my hand, as well as the pain I felt, I could only think about what I could do to survive and fix the situation

Last edited:
Reactions: rozeske and Deleted member 65988
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Too much to factor in. The size of your stomach, how much it bulges out, the length of the knife, have you eaten or not, etc.
Usually, any hit or puncture to the stomach is done to ensure maximum pain.
Even if done underwater, it wont guarantee that one would bleed out faster as the stomach arteries are deeper in you than other arteries.

alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
I think the consensus here @ConsumedMoonpowder is the logic behind your 'double method' is pretty much guaranteed to result in the opposite result. You will be too focused on the stab wound to go through with the drowning and the stab wound has a single digit likelihood of resulting in death.

Have you researched all methods? If you are open to a bit of pain as you seem to be you have a lot more options than many. I spent countless hours researching because I absolutely cannot fail my first attempt. It must, must, must be first and last. I recommend doing a search for "Mega" on this site. It will pull up the main threads for all of the methods. Read through them and understand what is needed for each. That is what I did before deciding on my preferred method which has second lowest pain and highest chance of success (but is expensive). If the search feature isn't available to you it is because you haven't been active enough. Browse the site and comment on more posts. It will appear soon.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Isn't the stomach supposed to be one of the most agonizing places to get hurt? That's what I've heard about gunshots at least.

alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
Isn't the stomach supposed to be one of the most agonizing places to get hurt? That's what I've heard about gunshots at least.
Yes. A quick search seems to agree with you the stomach is the second most painful to be shot. First is back of the kneecaps? Wouldn't have guessed that one.

• Informative
Reactions: Abyssal
D

Deleted member 65988

Now imagine an even larger area with more nerves to protect your vital organs. If a little stab wound to the hand sucks so bad I'd never even CONSIDER that which you propose
Yeah all of this points to this being a bad idea. By the time OP even gets halfway, they'd be panicking greatly over the loss of blood and pain, it's tremendously difficult to pull this off.

C

ConsumedMoonpowder

Did something VERY WRONG
Nov 9, 2023
I think the consensus here @ConsumedMoonpowder is the logic behind your 'double method' is pretty much guaranteed to result in the opposite result. You will be too focused on the stab wound to go through with the drowning and the stab wound has a single digit likelihood of resulting in death.

Have you researched all methods? If you are open to a bit of pain as you seem to be you have a lot more options than many. I spent countless hours researching because I absolutely cannot fail my first attempt. It must, must, must be first and last. I recommend doing a search for "Mega" on this site. It will pull up the main threads for all of the methods. Read through them and understand what is needed for each. That is what I did before deciding on my preferred method which has second lowest pain and highest chance of success (but is expensive). If the search feature isn't available to you it is because you haven't been active enough. Browse the site and comment on more posts. It will appear soon.
heights is the easiest option and another contender is shallow water blackout, both are obviously superior to this self stabbing method. but honestly they are so boring that id prefer to go out with this self stabbing+drowning thing if it were possible. back to the drawing board I guess.

edit: I think I should've made this clearer, but my idea was that i would be in water immediately after the stab. no pausing in between and no chance to react. it's simply down to whether or not i would be able to get out of the water under that immense pain, rather than getting into the water

Last edited: