• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
Ashwaganda helps me with anxiety. I get a whole herb powder and take it in small doses (like 1/3 teaspoon) 3-6 times through the day.
I try to take it with whole fat milk since thats how it was traditionally taken. It has fat and water soluble stuff.

Has been working noticeably less since I've gotten more tolerant to Prozac but thats just my personal experience.

Reactions: TheBigBurden and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Ashwaganda helps me with anxiety. I get a whole herb powder and take it in small doses (like 1/3 teaspoon) 3-6 times through the day.
I try to take it with whole fat milk since thats how it was traditionally taken. It has fat and water soluble stuff.

Has been working noticeably less since I've gotten more tolerant to Prozac but thats just my personal experience.

Interesting! After a quick Google search, I get the impression that it resembles kratom. Would that be a correct description?

APharmaDestroyedLife

APharmaDestroyedLife

Your RX drugs are likely your real problem
Nov 4, 2019
My first cup of Damiana tea... The idea of reverse tolerance is amazing, I did not know that was even possible... I'll report back any effects negative or positive. Thanks again
20191204 122553

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBigBurden, LittleJem and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
My first cup of Damiana tea... The idea of reverse tolerance is amazing, I did not know that was even possible... I'll report back and effects negative or positive. Thanks again

I hope it will work as well for you as it does for me. :) I'm curious what dose you used.

APharmaDestroyedLife

APharmaDestroyedLife

Your RX drugs are likely your real problem
Nov 4, 2019
I hope it will work as well for you as it does for me. :) I'm curious what dose you used.
This is 1500 mg. It's not got a bad taste at all. Infact it's kind of earthy and nice... I drank it pretty fast. It's now been about 20 minutes and I can already feel a kind of gentle euphoria, it's not overwhelming or a drunken feeling, more of just a warm feeling behind my forehead and a sense of calm. I did not eat anything today and my stomach is gurgling a little, but I am not feeling sick from it.

EDIT: now almost an hour in and the gurgling stomach has stopped and I just feel relaxed and a bit tired, maybe I'll try 750mg tomorrow 1500 may have been to much to start.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
This is 1500 mg.

A normal dose is 2-4 grams, but there are large individual variations. I'm easily affected by drugs so I usually need small doses.

It's not got a bad taste at all. Infact it's kind of earthy and nice...

I think it tastes quite good too. It's actually used in drinks as a tonic in some places. Never tried that, though.

I drank it pretty fast. It's now been about 20 minutes and I can already feel a kind of gentle euphoria, it's not overwhelming or a drunken feeling, more of just a warm feeling behind my forehead and a sense of calm. I did not eat anything today and my stomach is gurgling a little, but I am not feeling sick from it.

EDIT: now almost an hour in and the gurgling stomach has stopped and I just feel relaxed and a bit tired, maybe I'll try 750mg tomorrow 1500 may have been to much to start.

It seems to do you good. Keep me updated.

Reactions: APharmaDestroyedLife
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
To you who contacted me about Siberian ginseng. Please PM me again because your message disappeared for some reason and I don't remember exactly what your user name is. Or maybe you deleted the message?

• Wow
Reactions: L-L
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I'm in a bipolar deprissive episode when this is written and struggle with very strong suicidal impulses. My go-to herbs damiana and kanna still work, but not nearly as well and I need to take very high doses. Looking for a more effective alternative I brewed a tea on siberian ginseng root instead of taking capsules, and f**k me, it worked! It had stronger effects than expected and neutralized my suicidal impulses almost completely, and energized me as well. I thought I should mention it, because if it works for me, it may work for others too.

Reactions: TheBigBurden and chris8000
chris8000

chris8000

Experienced
Dec 10, 2019
I like what you've been doing here with the herbs.

This is pretty similar to what I've been doing, but for the pain, and looks like you've been over many of them as well.

They didn't work that well for pain, but I sleep like a dog now and have crazy vivid herb dreams that are kind of cool.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I like what you've been doing here with the herbs.

This is pretty similar to what I've been doing, but for the pain, and looks like you've been over many of them as well.

Yes, many indeed. I actually forgot to mention a couple, e.g. mulungu. It's an attempt to buy more time, and it does seem to work. Hypothetically, I may stay alive with herbs for many years to come. It may sound like wishful thinking, but I'd claim that it's not necessarily so.

They didn't work that well for pain, but I sleep like a dog now and have crazy vivid herb dreams that are kind of cool.

I have no idea how will they work against pain. I use them against anxiety, depression, and suicidal impulses, and some of them are quite effective. I've never come around trying herbs for lucid dreaming, but maybe it's worth trying.

Reactions: chris8000
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Ashwaganda helps me with anxiety.

I just tried ashwagandha for the first time. WOW! I only took a couple of grams, but the anxiolytic effects kicked in fast and effectively. I appreciate that the sedative effects are weak so that my mind stays more or less clear. I'm surprised, not to say shocked, by the strong euphoric effects and pleasurable physical effects. It reminds me very much of morphine, actually. Judging from what I've read about ashwagandha, which isn't that much to be honest, these effects may be atypical. Be that as it may, I'd say that this is a much better option than kratom, at least for me. I suspect that ashwagandha has the potential to be psychologically and perhaps also physically addictive, though, so I'll use it sparingly.

EDIT: I eventually got trouble breathing and became so dizzy that I thought I'd pass out. I think I'll use ashwagandha again because of its strong anxiolytic effects, but at very low doses. I'm a bit surprised. Admittedly, I'm exceptionally easily affected by drugs, so much so that I once was asked to volunteer a blood sample to a study of the phenomenon, but I would have thought that two grams is a low dose.

Last edited:
chris8000

chris8000

Experienced
Dec 10, 2019
Yeah the first time I had it I felt great, because you do get some feeling of well being.

Couple of grams in tea or as root powder? If it is root powder, then that is quite a high dose if it is KSM. Although potency varies quite a bit.

It isn't addictive for me, I go on and off it now and again. Been taking it for several months every day at the moment. I figure I like it so why not? Rasayana herbs don't give withdrawals, like turmeric is rasayana and holy basil. They're equviliant to the Chinese superior tonics like reishi and panax ginseng, so are supposed to be very safe. Apparently, can even take quite high doses and they are non toxic. You've got me rambling about herbs now, one of my passions in life.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Sorry, just added an edit at the same time as you posted. I should be careful with this one. I used root powder, unaware that it's stronger. I researched this very poorly and have myself to blame.

• Hugs
chris8000

chris8000

Experienced
Dec 10, 2019
Yeah that's probably why your comparing it to morphine, 2 grams is high, depending on extract. Better to err on the side of caution, although I'm not exactly great at that either.

Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Yeah that's probably why your comparing it to morphine, 2 grams is high, depending on extract. Better to err on the side of caution, although I'm not exactly great at that either.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the advice. I've learned my lesson. I do feel a little better, so I expect to recover within an hour or two.

• Hugs
chris8000

chris8000

Experienced
Dec 10, 2019
@Sensei, are you going to keep this thread updated with any new herbs you decide to try and your experiences?

I recommend anyone interested to join, https://www.reddit.com/r/herbalism/, where there is always plenty of threads about herbs for anxiety, depression, insomnia etc.

I've noticed people in the States usually recommend "mountainroseherbs" for dried herbs and tinctures.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I tried Passion flower. Some people say it's better than Benzos. Did nothing for me. Now I've got a box of it. I wish there was a place to share leftover supplements!!!

Magnesium is good though I'm scared it will stop working

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
@Sensei, are you going to keep this thread updated with any new herbs you decide to try and your experiences?

Funny you should mention it, because I've been thinking about it the last days. I've only had the opportunity to try a couple of new herbs and variants since I wrote the guide, though. I wish it was possible to make it more interactive, though, i.e. that people could share their experiences and that they could be added to the guide. That's not really possible as posts are locked quite quickly, unfortunately.

Science Is Scary

Science Is Scary

Evidence is the path to the truth. Maybe.
Oct 17, 2019
This tool (Supp.ai) might be useful for finding drug-herb interactions. I'm not really sure though.

Thanks for sharing your research.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Sensei and chris8000
h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

Jul 26, 2019
i smoke weed all day every day. i also relapsed recently on crystal meth. honestly the meth helps me more than anything in my life has. that scares me. i know i'll probably die because of it.....

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
i smoke weed all day every day. i also relapsed recently on crystal meth. honestly the meth helps me more than anything in my life has. that scares me. i know i'll probably die because of it.....

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of marijuana. It makes me passive whereas legal herbs just calm me down. As for meth, I'll never try it, because I know I'd like it too much.

Reactions: I_love_to_bake and chris8000
h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

Jul 26, 2019
To be honest, I'm not really a fan of marijuana. It makes me passive whereas legal herbs just calm me down. As for meth, I'll never try it, because I know I'd like it too much.
its literally the one drug i tried that i wish i hadn't. its so horrible and the people who do it are so scary......and at the same time its the best. im happy im confident, and i am the person who i wish i could be when im not feelin like i wanna CTB.....im scared because i love it. i wish i could be who i am on it off it. and thats literally what bothers me the most......also i smoke it..... im seriously ashamed....im ashamed i relapsed. but my life is going better in this relapse than when i was with an abusive dude who forced me to be sober/clean. i know its not right but its not wrong for me now......seriously if my life keeps like this i give my self 5 years. but thats part of why im here. i know its inevitable. DI lyrics always struck me...... "is death the final high?" like i know what im doing is not ok.....but its like im going through the motions watching my self KNOWING i will die.....but its like i don't care. got i guess addicted....its not the kind of drug you do. you are just addicted to it. when i was 17 i had 12 years clean......

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBigBurden
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
its literally the one drug i tried that i wish i hadn't. its so horrible and the people who do it are so scary......and at the same time its the best. im happy im confident, and i am the person who i wish i could be when im not feelin like i wanna CTB.....im scared because i love it. i wish i could be who i am on it off it. and thats literally what bothers me the most......also i smoke it..... im seriously ashamed....im ashamed i relapsed. but my life is going better in this relapse than when i was with an abusive dude who forced me to be sober/clean. i know its not right but its not wrong for me now......seriously if my life keeps like this i give my self 5 years. but thats part of why im here. i know its inevitable. DI lyrics always struck me...... "is death the final high?" like i know what im doing is not ok.....but its like im going through the motions watching my self KNOWING i will die.....but its like i don't care.

I've actually read up on meth, and I can fully understand that it's so addictive. Look, I don't think anyone can breaks such a habit on their own. Is there somewhere you can go and get help? There might be people in this forum who are in the same situation and can give you advice as well.

h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

Jul 26, 2019
last time i got away i literally fucking moved....and changed my life.....i was hard addicted to energy drinks. like its a managable addiction. but i know it could fuck me up bad down the road.....im not taking my relapse as seriously as i should....but then again i am thinking of just saying fuck it and getting "my bus tickets together" like really i sympathize with all the people here about to find their peace. i really do think i would feel calmer in life if i "had my bus tickets" but im just not at that point yet. but im thinking of how to get to that point. the first 30 was bad. i know i cant take another 30 if its just as bad. im a big girl who can make big girl choices. statistically i should already be dead. part of the reason i love this forum so much is because i can be my self and make my jokes about suicide and clinical depression and no one calls the feds or screams at me that i should be medicated.....honesltly. "teenage angst has paid off well, now im bored and old" like im still very much the same fucking person. also i might be the type that can actually handle that shit.....which scares me more.....i want to die. but at the same time im scared im going to die. lol if that makes sense

TheBigBurden

TheBigBurden

Antisocial and yet I’m here
Dec 27, 2019
Thank you for this information I'm at the point where I thought I had no more options and was going to prepare to ctb. Maybe I'll try some of these. I actually have these little bottles of ginseng drinks I got at a Korean market I had originally gotten them because I heard they give you energy. I had them a few times but I don't recall them making me less depressed but that was over a year ago when I think I was already in a better mindset, I was also probably on some medication that may have masked the effects. So I'll try ginseng tomorrow and order some Damiana.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Thank you for this information I'm at the point where I thought I had no more options and was going to prepare to ctb. Maybe I'll try some of these. I actually have these little bottles of ginseng drinks I got at a Korean market I had originally gotten them because I heard they give you energy. I had them a few times but I don't recall them making me less depressed but that was over a year ago when I think I was already in a better mindset, I was also probably on some medication that may have masked the effects. So I'll try ginseng tomorrow and order some Damiana.

Try (if they are not contraindicated for you): Modafinil (I just took it once so far, it was amazing), Sarcosine, Selegiline, Moclobemide, Memantine, Kratom
[I try everything]

Reactions: TheBigBurden and Sensei
ReadyToFly

ReadyToFly

Jan 30, 2020
I hate the meds they prescribe... they make you more suicidal than non-suicidal imo. I believe nature has a cure for everything ... but some people just can't do it alone.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

Sorry for the late reply. For some reason I haven't got a notificiation. Anyway, I know many people use ginseng. I only use panax ginsen in high doses on rare occasions, but it does kill all anxiety and depression for me.
I hate the meds they prescribe... they make you more suicidal than non-suicidal imo. I believe nature has a cure for everything ... but some people just can't do it alone.

I don't want to advice anyone to stop using their medicines, but I'm quite certain that some people could use herbs instead of medication. I'm thinking of anxiety and depression, not elaborate disorders.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBigBurden
I_love_to_bake

I_love_to_bake

Student
Feb 27, 2020
Sensei,

Thank you for your post. It's been incredibly informative! I was wondering, what is your opinion on skullcap? I have digestion issues so I like the fact that it calms both my mind and stomach. I will definitely be trying some damiana soon. I need a better solution than marijuana, I find marijuana to destabilize my mood.

Sorry for the late bump, not sure if we are allowed or not to revive older threads

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Thank you for your post. It's been incredibly informative! I was wondering, what is your opinion on skullcap? I have digestion issues so I like the fact that it calms both my mind and stomach. I will definitely be trying some damiana soon. I need a better solution than marijuana, I find marijuana to destabilize my mood.

Unfortunately, I have no experience of skullcap. However, I know that many people speak well of it and say that it has good sedative effects. I also know that some people combine skullcap and damina.

As I state in the original post, damiana won't make you feel high, only normal. Marijuana = "I feel spaced out." Damiana = "I don't feel anxious or depressed."

Sorry for the late bump, not sure if we are allowed or not to revive older threads

For what it's worth, I never hesitate to do it if I find the thread important or interesting. Be that as it may, I'm quite sure there's no official rule against it.

Reactions: I_love_to_bake