• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

waterrrrrrrrrbottel

Student
Jul 18, 2022
Not a very... popular way of CTBing. But it's one of my choices. I'm wondering if anyone has any resource on self immolation? I see nothing in the Suicide Resource Compilation. Thanks.

P

piryohae3

Jan 2, 2024
Have you seen the Aaron Bushnell video? Looks like a horrendous way to go. Even though he was charred black, he didn't die until 7 hours later in a hospital. I can't imagine how agonizing it must have been during all that time.

F

findmybridgesocal

Dec 25, 2023
Not a very... popular way of CTBing. But it's one of my choices. I'm wondering if anyone has any resource on self immolation? I see nothing in the Suicide Resource Compilation. Thanks.
Do you mind if I ask why? Are you combining it with some form of political protest?

W

waterrrrrrrrrbottel

Student
Jul 18, 2022
Do you mind if I ask why? Are you combining it with some form of political protest?
I have no use so I feel like I might as well use myself as political protest.
Have you seen the Aaron Bushnell video? Looks like a horrendous way to go. Even though he was charred black, he didn't die until 7 hours later in a hospital. I can't imagine how agonizing it must have been during all that time.
If I find a secluded enough spot, I might die without being found... it's what I hope for.

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
burns are awful and incredibly painful, and yet because of the human body's will to live, a lot of people don't die in the initial fire, they die in the hospital, or on the way to the hospital. often times they're suffering from so much pain until they die that they black out and wake up and black out again, and you can't even scream because your throat is ruined.

I can only imagine it's not on the guide because... well... it's fairly straight forwards and incredibly painful. information about what accelerants are hotter and faster burning or longer lasting are incredibly easy to access through google.

I have drowned before and I think I'd rather kill myself by intentional drowning before self immolation. I'm not gonna tell you not to do it..... but I sure wouldn't.

Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
There is a reason it's not a method here.. It's a slowly and a hellish way to die.

W

waterrrrrrrrrbottel

Student
Jul 18, 2022
Do you mind if I ask what your protest is?
The Electoral College. Obviously it won't work immediately, the Supreme Court of the US is highly Republican and the Electoral College is their lifeline. But this is perhaps the most pivotal election year of the century so far, so I will at least get talk stirring. Well, that's the intention at least. I don't care too much as long as I die.

Reactions: marchshift
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
It's the worst method in terms of pain. Literally jumping or hanging are 100 times less painful

bigmanharsh

bigmanharsh

Living in a cosmic joke
Feb 5, 2024
While the idea might feel kinda poetic of burning away all your sorrows and yourself into a fine powder returning back into the earth or whatever. As other people mentioned:
burns are awful and incredibly painful, and yet because of the human body's will to live, a lot of people don't die in the initial fire, they die in the hospital, or on the way to the hospital. often times they're suffering from so much pain until they die that they black out and wake up and black out again, and you can't even scream because your throat is ruined.

I can only imagine it's not on the guide because... well... it's fairly straight forwards and incredibly painful. information about what accelerants are hotter and faster burning or longer lasting are incredibly easy to access through google.

I have drowned before and I think I'd rather kill myself by intentional drowning before self immolation. I'm not gonna tell you not to do it..... but I sure wouldn't.
It's quite painful, Even burns I've gotten here and there, have hurt like crazy. I recommend that you try to find a more peaceful and less painful way to go. I understand methods like these may seem appealing due to how extreme they are but try to think of the reprocussions and how if you did end up surviving- the agony will be insane. I hope you find peace in whatever way you see most appealing. Best of luck :)

D

Deadfrogwalking

Jan 15, 2024
Seems if you have the strength and wherewithal to die in such manner, for a cause, than you would have that same strength to fight and conquer whatever your demons are.
Your cause would be greater served by your presence and will to stand up continuessly, rather than a one and done statement that will be forgotten within the time it takes to do the investigation that would come from the powers that be, and the excuses those those same powers would broadcast to show you where deficient of mind to pull focus from them and the fray.
Self immolation could definitely be used as a political statement: goes something like this......
I do this because ------- (fill in the blank).
Strike the match, suffer for God knows how long, die.
Powers investigate, statement released: ------(insert name here)
Had a long history of mental health issues, evidence shows ------ had been on a suicide forum before the incident seeking advice on suicide.
We regret that this unfortunate incident has occurred and wish the family peace at this time. End statement.
You have suffered, your family is still suffering, your friends and acquaintances are still suffering, you have been publicly outed as some kind of headcase, this is what everyone in your circle is left with.
Your cause continues to operate as before the only thing that has changed is the pain and grief left to those in your circle.
And you suffered hideously again why ?
What good has come from your actions ?
This is my opinion of course.
I hope you find peace, think carefully about the collateral damage to others that you care about and leave behind beyond your cause.
Stopping your personal pain by CTB is one thing, using self immolation as a means seems more like a cry for help that can't be answered ever, you are now dead.
Once again, my opinion, no judgement, hope you find your way.
Personally I want to be at peace in those final moments, not make the pain worse and suffer more.

persimmon

persimmon

Student
Jan 21, 2024
I knew a girl who tried this. I can't pass on how it was as she was successful. Instinctively, I'd avoid.

Reactions: JKFleck
JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023
It's the worst method in terms of pain. Literally jumping or hanging are 100 times less painful
"100 times" is probably an understatement even, I've had multiple first degree burns before, can't imagine how agonizing third and fourth degree burns all over the body must've me

Probably still not as painful as getting abandoned with BPD