N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I once posted a thread with the title "They say "college is the best time of your life" There is exactly this promise college will be the best time of your life. If this is the best part of my life I am very scared of what is coming next. I pressure me way too much. I have the desire for an average 9 to 5 job. Though my nervous system does not like that. The last time I gave that a shot and it made me terribly depressed.

I try to compare both. The advantages and disadvantages.

School:
advantages: more free time, less pressure and stress, I think it is easier to find friends there, you are still a teenager or child with less responsibilities

disadvantages: more bullying (at least for me), more toxic cliques, you are forced to subjects like PE and you can get punished for not doing your homework/bad behavior

College:
advantages: the people there are (on average) more mature, one can choose the subject one prefers (I hated at school to waste my on time subjects I hated)

disadvantages: you need discipline and self-control in order to have sucess (this is not my issues) -> noone tells you to do this or that. Noone controls your organization, less vacation, in other countries it is expensive as fuck

I am not sure what I prefer. At school I was bullied very severely. So this part is way better at college. Noone mocks me there and I appreciate that. However at school the pressure was less, I had more free time and a higher life quality because of the lower stress. )if one excludes the tormening bullying and domestic violence at home)

But it is pretty hard to compare these two for me. At school I was not severely mentally ill (at first). The mental illness started but the impact of it grew with every year. The first time I went to college I barely had friends there. Now at the second time I am doing socially way better (at least for somerone like me).

It is a pretty difficult choice. The bullying was traumatizing. I would like to choose the best of both worlds. Less pressure and stress and at the same time more mature and friendly peers. Honestly I cannot give a clear answer. In my current state I would say well probably college but without the school system I would never have met my friends and my life would be (socially) way way worse.

So what is your answer?

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Ultracheese and HadItAll
H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
Both were 10/10, I was healthy and good looking, made so many memories.

• Love
Reactions: Ultracheese and hungry_ghost
Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
College is better for me personally. I had friends in school that didn't genuinely care about me. We were friends in school, nothing outside of that.
There were some cool teachers, but overall it wasn't a great experience. I used to get bullied in primary school and in the first 2 years of high school.
Students would get upset at each other for the dumbest of reasons (children..) and there was a lot of drama and stealing.
I hated participating in subjects that I didn't like at all, but there was nothing I could do because if I fail them it'd cause more unneccessary issues.

Now I'm in college studying something that I'm more interested in. I have so much free time when there's no exams and assignments than in school.
I don't have to attend and watch lectures unless it's really needed, much more chill compared to sitting for 6-10h a day in school.
It's definitely harder, you need a lot of self discipline, so much studying. I'm constantly burnt out from it, but studying with other
college students is also so much fun. Nobody cares if you did your assignment or not. Nobody cares if you take an exam now or later
Much more freedom in everything in my opinion

• Hugs
Reactions: Ultracheese and CringeNihilism
pharma

pharma

Mar 4, 2023
i'm in college and couldn't care much about it. i'm still alone and friendless but it sucks less. it's less clique-y and i feel like i have more freedom to go out... even if i'm alone. i like the freedom and individuality. i miss having free time since i'm a STEM majour (ugh) now... idk. most of the time i just exist. i don't care much about it.

I agree with the bullying. I was bulliedd A LOT. told to kms, SA'd... ugh bad time. no one cares about me here. which is good.. but some sick part of me misses the attention :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Ultracheese