miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
Today my psychiatrist told me i problaby have schizophrenia he told me i would be ok and i could have a normal life whit diferent meds and psychiatric help,any thoughts on this?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and TimeToBiteTheDust
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I'm so sorry. Do you hear voices or see people? Please no offense

Reactions: GoneGoneGone
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Today my psychiatrist told me i problaby have schizophrenia he told me i would be ok and i could have a normal life whit diferent meds and psychiatric help,any thoughts on this?
I don't really fully understand what it is.
Why were you diagnosed with this?

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020

How old are you?

My very first thought comes to me from memories of meeting many people who have schizophrenia, during the times when they were having very severe episodes in an emergency setting. I do not know very much about the day to day regimen to manage the disease through medications and psychiatry though.

The number one thing that always stuck out to me.. is that the people I have met who have schizophrenia are absolutely some of the most nicest people I have, and will probably ever meet.. in this whole world!

I do not have classical schizophrenia by any means. But, I do have a disorder which causes me to experience nearly the exact same symptoms that a person having schizophrenia does.. and I have managed very well in most all parts of my life.

Reactions: zi99
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
told me i problaby have schizophrenia
what are your symptoms, if you don't mind me asking?
i could have a normal life whit diferent meds and psychiatric help
it always comes down to meds and 'therapy', i.e. moneyed interests.

I would be cautious as psychiatrists have a lot of incentive to de-normalize patients and then present a 'solution' which involves someone somewhere making money off of it.

I'm not trying to discourage you from anything, or say you should act one way or another. Maybe certain meds will be beneficial to you.

Last edited:
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
I'm so sorry. Do you hear voices or see people? Please no offense
I only hear voices,no offence at all
How old are you?

My very first thought comes to me from memories of meeting many people who have schizophrenia, during the times when they were having very severe episodes in an emergency setting. I do not know very much about the day to day regimen to manage the disease through medications and psychiatry though.

The number one thing that always stuck out to me.. is that the people I have met who have schizophrenia are absolutely some of the most nicest people I have, and will probably ever meet.. in this whole world!

I do not have classical schizophrenia by any means. But, I do have a disorder which causes me to experience nearly the exact same symptoms that a person having schizophrenia does.. and I have managed very well in most all parts of my life.
18,yea i know i would be able to have a normal life
what are your symptoms, if you don't mind me asking?

it always comes down to meds and 'therapy', i.e. moneyed interests.

I would be cautious as psychiatrists have a lot of incentive to de-normalize patients and then present a 'solution' which involves someone somewhere making money off of it.
Here in my country Spain mental care is free,i have symtops like despersonalization,desilusions losing the capacity of know what is real and what is not etc...

Last edited:
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I remember learning many people with schizophrenia are diagnosed at around close to the same age, usually 20-21 years old.

Have you had an acute sudden psychotic episode yet?

There are three phases to the disease and they usually always occur in a certain order. They cycle like this throughout the course of illness.

If you have not had a sudden acute psychotic episode yet.. because this is going to be the main first initial indicator for most people when they are first getting diagnosed.

Last edited:
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It's important you do a lot of research on schizophrenia and the meds so when you talk to doctors you know what's going on, and what they are suggesting.

• Hugs
Reactions: miguel6565, dec132013 and Spitfire
dec132013

dec132013

Aug 6, 2020
I'd trust him and try the meds, it may be easier to get under control if you just started experiencing symptoms.

You can play it safe by staying at home for a bit with someone else to make sure you don't have a bad reaction.

• Hugs
Reactions: miguel6565 and Ghost2211
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for all the replies guys i will take them in acount!