CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Idk about you guys but I'm having a hard time during winter.
I think it's beautiful and I enjoy the darkness so that I don't have to feel bad if I stay inside but ofc my mood during winter aaaalways drops by A LOT and ctb is even more constant in my head

Do you guys like winter I'm more the spring fan

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sympathyforthedevil, tiger b, astromoon and 9 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
For me summer is the worst time of year as I don't like the warmer weather but in my case I always wish to sleep eternally no matter the time of year.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Loner, sserafim, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
I can relate to it. Autumn/winter both feel so comforting because of how dark it is/ it's raining/snowing. But at the same time whenever weather is "worse" it puts me in worse state of mind. My ctb thoughts are definitely louder during those seasons.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, Ksmиda, Blue Elephant and 3 others
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Totally, yes. I used to enjoy winter, snow, Christmas and all that. But don't feel anything more for Christmas, there's seldom snow, and the cold is just really bad for my skin and joints. Have been dreading winter these last few years, since basically I'm totally stuck in between for months. Bought myself my first pc in ten years last winter, just to get through it somehow. This year is especially bad, because I'd love a few more weeks of warm weather to get organised and then end it.

Favourite season, basically anything starting with spring onwards, but more than that, late summer, when it's still warm and the fields have a yellow teint.

Don't have SAD btw, something some people might want to look into.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Elephant, CloudyNightSky and Praestat_Mori
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Totally, yes. I used to enjoy winter, snow, Christmas and all that. But don't feel anything more for Christmas, there's seldom snow, and the cold is just really bad for my skin and joints. Have been dreading winter these last few years, since basically I'm totally stuck in between for months. Bought myself my first pc in ten years last winter, just to get through it somehow. This year is especially bad, because I'd love a few more weeks of warm weather to get organised and then end it.

Favourite season, basically anything starting with spring onwards, but more than that, late summer, when it's still warm and the fields have a yellow teint.

Don't have SAD btw, something some people might want to look into.
Oh man I relate to that bad skin during winter my hands literally die during winter x~x by end it you probably mean to ctb? but nevertheless wishing you the best so this time doesn't get too bad

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Winter is ok when it's not too cold. Last summer was often very humid and it felt too warm and I promised to appreciate winter more :haha: so hopefully winter is not gonna be too cold and rainy this/next year.

Reactions: Blue Elephant, voyager and CloudyNightSky
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Me too, I fucking hate the holiday season. It's a reminder I'm not normal and I'm alone, even though I didn't earn this treatment. Nothing is warm, cozy, or friendly about this time of year.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: tiger b, Joarga, Blue Elephant and 4 others
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Winter is ok when it's not too cold. Last summer was often very humid and it felt too warm and I promised to appreciate winter more :haha: so hopefully winter is not gonna be too cold and rainy this/next year.
Oh maaaaan I wish bc the thing I don't have warm water and the heater's also not funktional rn. if you're cold and then have to shower in ice cold water but you are depressed so you struggle with showering anyways That's a pain in the ass but just showered and I'm so fucking cold man xD

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Elephant, voyager and Praestat_Mori
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I prefer winter over summer anytime.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Me too, I fucking hate the holiday season. It's a reminder I'm not normal and I'm alone, even though I didn't earn this treatment. Nothing is warm, cozy, or friendly about this time of year.
Yeah depressing when everyone else does something and yourself just exist with no good meaning in life That sucks

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Blue Elephant, nozomu, voyager and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Oh maaaaan I wish bc the thing I don't have warm water and the heater's also not funktional rn. if you're cold and then have to shower in ice cold water but you are depressed so you struggle with showering anyways That's a pain in the ass but just showered and I'm so fucking cold man xD
OMG that's horrible. Can't that water heater be fixed? I can only send you warm virtual *HUG* 🤗

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Elephant, voyager and CloudyNightSky
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
Fall is my favorite weather. I choose Fall over all the other seasons. Early nights, sweater weather, color changing leaves and then empty trees, fog and hot tea in the day. Spring is my second.
Winter can be too cold sometimes. Although if I'm covered properly and it's snowing the snow can be fun to dabble in. I'll pass on the shoveling any day loll

• Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, sserafim, voyager and 1 other person
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
OMG that's horrible. Can't that water heater be fixed? I can only send you warm virtual *HUG* 🤗
Thaaaaaaaks really need that rn. They try to fix it but it's broken since almost 1 YEAR like how did I manage to not freeze to death last year. It was even fixed for 2 month but is broken again since 2 weeks or smt Goddammit gonna shower surrounded by hot water bottles next time xd
Fall is my favorite weather. I choose Fall over all the other seasons. Early nights, sweater weather, color changing leaves and then empty trees, fog and hot tea in the day. Spring is my second.
Winter can be too cold sometimes. Although if I'm covered properly and it's snowing the snow can be fun to dabble in. I'll pass on the shoveling any day loll
Yeah winter and summer sucks compared to spring and autumn

• Hugs
Reactions: NocturnILL and Praestat_Mori
voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
Oh man I relate to that bad skin during winter my hands literally die during winter x~x by end it you probably mean to ctb? but nevertheless wishing you the best so this time doesn't get too bad
Same to you. Yes, and yes, it's horrible. Too long on the outside and my hands look like rotten grapes. Carry band-aids with me because I'll bleed all over the counter when shopping, it's embarassing and disgusting for others. Fingers get so stiff at times that typing or gaming is near impossible.
My sympathies! We've had to have our heating exchanged a few years ago in mid December - of course. The work took two days, and we didn't have warm water over night. Put a pot on the stove to shower, but had to rinse with water from the mains... ouch. Felt like the Titanic disaster, and they were dead within minutes. Potential method here.

Hope you can get it fixed and yes, some boilers/heaters seem to be break down more than they actually function. Awful. :I
Fuzzyfeeling

More than anything it's the grey sky's that's depressing to me. Do like clear nights though during winter, where it's icey cold and the stars are out.

• Love
Reactions: CloudyNightSky
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Too long on the outside and my hands look like rotten grapes. Carry band-aids with me because I'll bleed all over the counter when shopping
Ahhh also the bleeding its so bad but actually most relatable shit I've seen in a long time >~<

• Love
Reactions: voyager
R

refused

Oct 31, 2023
I have had a hard time navigating winter in the past, but I especially dread this one.

• Love
Reactions: voyager and CloudyNightSky
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
I'm a Stark so I'm ok with winter, I deal with it. : )

My heating system works but I can't afford to spend much so I use about 10% of what the average human uses. I keep my clothes on and I have a 0 degrees Celsius sleeping bag. It feels good to sleep in it.

@CloudyNightSky Why don't you buy a small, cheap new electric heater and only warm one room? You can also move it to the bathroom and prewarm a bit before you shower. You can also buy a portable (hanging) shower, hook it to the sealing, fill it with warm water (you need about 3 to 4 litres of water) and shower.

If you need more information you can always ask me. Being poor I learned to be good with DIY projects.

• Hugs
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
I'm a Stark so I'm ok with winter, I deal with it. : )

My heating system works but I can't afford to spend much so I use about 10% of what the average human uses. I keep my clothes on and I have a 0 degrees Celsius sleeping bag. It feels good to sleep in it.

@CloudyNightSky Why don't you buy a small, cheap new electric heater and only warm one room? You can also move it to the bathroom and prewarm a bit before you shower. You can also buy a portable (hanging) shower, hook it to the sealing, fill it with warm water (you need about 3 to 4 litres of water) and shower.

If you need more information you can always ask me. Being poor I learned to be good with DIY projects.
Thanks a bunch :)
these are fr good ideas I actually got myself a heater buuuuttt idk I don't think it was high quality xD bc when it's on it smells a little bit burned I think that's not so good and also the smell's kinda unpleasant maybe getting myself a new one. so I literally stay mostly in one room under my blanket. Always have 1-3 candles lighted so it's relatively warm in here. Everywhere else is cold af but yeah also use my hot water bottle a lot so its ok.

My blood circulation sometimes kinda sucks so thats shit too. My hand and feet lowkey just freeze xd but I got reaallyyy cozy socks so ig that should help.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Elephant and voyager
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think it's beautiful and I enjoy the darkness so that I don't have to feel bad if I stay inside but ofc my mood during winter aaaalways drops by A LOT and ctb is even more constant in my head

I like winter more than spring. I honestly hate spring and summer. My favorite season is autumn followed by winter. I love the cold weather and snow, and just the general overall vibe of winter. I love how everything is cozy and merry, and I love the holidays.
Fall is my favorite season as well. I just love the autumn vibes. I love the fall foliage and the "sweater weather" vibes. I love how the leaves change color from bland and boring green into splendid yellows, oranges, and reds. I love how nature becomes a masterpiece. I love the crispness and smell in the air. I love going apple and pumpkin picking and I love Halloween and it's spooky vibe. I love feeling warm and cozy. I just love everything about fall, I wish it could be the season year-round.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NocturnILL and voyager
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
Yeah winter and summer sucks compared to spring and autumn
Yea☺️ Spring is perfect because I feel you could literally wear anything you want and still be good. Be all covered and cozy without having a heat stroke or a tank top and shorts without freezing.
I hope you water heater can get fixed as soon as possible! I send you hugs and warmth 💙🥵
Fall is my favorite season as well. I just love the autumn vibes. I love the fall foliage and the "sweater weather" vibes. I love how the leaves change color from bland and boring green into splendid yellows, oranges, and reds. I love how nature becomes a masterpiece. I love the crispness and smell in the air. I love going apple and pumpkin picking and I love Halloween and it's spooky vibe. I love feeling warm and cozy. I just love everything about fall, I wish it could be the season year-round.
OMG exaaactly you get it 😫. Yesss it's literal ART outside! It's almost like you can see nature change in emotions (if I'm not sounding like a weirdo). Halloween is my favorite holiday also how October just celebrates all the spooky vibes. I always love cuddling in a big blanket year round but when it's Fall idk it's hits different it's like a different excitement loll. SAME! I'd be the last person to complain if for some reason it just happened loll.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, CloudyNightSky, Life'sA6itch and 1 other person
therenexuefrbue

therenexuefrbue

trying to feel things
Nov 1, 2023
I prefer autumn/winter for the weather and aesthetic, but I do always feel much worse around this time and thoughts of ctb slowly creep back into my head after being banished during the spring/summer. lots of change also tends to happen in september (I'm a teaching assistant and that's when the new academic year starts) which doesn't help things

• Hugs
Reactions: CloudyNightSky and voyager
voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
@ifeelthelight Have to admit, fall is probably my least favourite season (really hate rain), but your description is lovely. Very vivid.
these are fr good ideas I actually got myself a heater buuuuttt idk I don't think it was high quality xD bc when it's on it smells a little bit burned I think that's not so good and also the smell's kinda unpleasant maybe getting myself a new one. so I literally stay mostly in one room under my blanket. Always have 1-3 candles lighted so it's relatively warm in here. Everywhere else is cold af but yeah also use my hot water bottle a lot so its ok.

My blood circulation sometimes kinda sucks so thats shit too. My hand and feet lowkey just freeze xd but I got reaallyyy cozy socks so ig that should help.
Mine smells like that too in the beginning, but of course, if it continues that does indeed sound dangerous. One of ours burnt out it's bottom, we were lucky it didn't start a fire. That was years ago, the quality is even worse today. Am still using my electric heater from 20+ years ago, works fine each year.

Feel you on the circulation too, same. It's when my fingers become stiff due to the cold. Even wearing gloves inside won't warm them then. Really need a high room temp. And ofc, I'm either too cold or too hot. 😒

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and CloudyNightSky
L

Life'sA6itch

Student
Oct 29, 2023

I absolutely love winter even more so when it rains or snows. Everything seems to quiet down and I love the darkness too. More reasons to cocoon if I want.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Blue Elephant and CloudyNightSky
therenexuefrbue

therenexuefrbue

trying to feel things
Nov 1, 2023

a lot of electric heaters have that smell - it's really not pleasant :p

my room is absolutely freezing; with energy bills going up we're holding off putting the heating on until as late as possible because it's just so expensive, which means most of the house is very cold. luckily I don't mind wearing three jumpers and a coat lol. my hands and feet are just like yours though - always so cold compared to the rest of me :D

I think the money side of things gets to me more in winter because of the heating, but oh well

• Hugs
Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
Winter is pretty hard for me too. My mood dips considerably and my loneliness increases with the longer nights, colder temperatures, and extra difficulty of having to bundle up before going anywhere. I already have difficulty going for even a five minute walk but this just adds another level. I do enjoy the snow though. If I could have snow all winter I definitely would. I love how it makes everything quieter and after a fresh snowfall everything looks so pristine and untouched. I love laying in the middle of an open field at night and only hearing your breath while moonlight transforms the snow covered field into your own island of peace. Literally the only redeeming factor about this god forsaken season xD Also I tend to just lump mid-late autumn in with winter since it has pretty much the same drawbacks.

• Hugs
  • Love
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Mine smells like that too in the beginning, but of course, if it continues that does indeed sound dangerous. One of ours burnt out it's bottom, we were lucky it didn't start a fire. That was years ago, the quality is even worse today. Am still using my electric heater from 20+ years ago, works fine each year.

Feel you on the circulation too, same. It's when my fingers become stiff due to the cold. Even wearing gloves inside won't warm them then. Really need a high room temp. And ofc, I'm either too cold or too hot. 😒
Oh god now I'm a little bit scared of heaters but then maybe I can try it again with sometime, but always watch it if it starts burning.

Yeah idk but gloves kinda don't really work for me that great. I mean the hands need to be kinda warm for it to work but mine are literally ice
a lot of electric heaters have that smell - it's really not pleasant :p

my room is absolutely freezing; with energy bills going up we're holding off putting the heating on until as late as possible because it's just so expensive, which means most of the house is very cold. luckily I don't mind wearing three jumpers and a coat lol. my hands and feet are just like yours though - always so cold compared to the rest of me :D
Oh yeah that's true like I get to save a lot of money xD but damn ig that smell really is normal. I'll try using it again maybe it's not that bad this time and I can light a scented candle or smt :D
Winter is pretty hard for me too. My mood dips considerably and my loneliness increases with the longer nights, colder temperatures, and extra difficulty of having to bundle up before going anywhere. I already have difficulty going for even a five minute walk but this just adds another level. I do enjoy the snow though. If I could have snow all winter I definitely would. I love how it makes everything quieter and after a fresh snowfall everything looks so pristine and untouched. I love laying in the middle of an open field at night and only hearing your breath while moonlight transforms the snow covered field into your own island of peace. Literally the only redeeming factor about this god forsaken season xD Also I tend to just lump mid-late autumn in with winter since it has pretty much the same drawbacks.
So relatable snow is so damn pretty but in my region it unfortunately doesn't snow very often but a few times so I hope this year too.
But I really really hate the combo of cold, dark and lonely. I mean I can deal with each of these alone but all together is like a fucking nightmare >~<

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: voyager
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
I always get more ill in the winter so i HATE IT

• Hugs
  • Love
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023

The smell could be either dust or the heater itself. If it's dust it should stop smelling after a short while but if it's the heater itself .. you should be careful with it. If you decide to keep this heater maybe you could pad (the inside of) it with (at least medium thickness) aluminium foil (bloody hell where do I get these ideas!?) and if you decide to get a new one then get something which is not made of plastic. I would get a new one though. I would also read the product reviews carefully and from multiple sources before buying it.

Blankets are not as good at keeping warmth as a sleeping bag is and you can get 0 degrees C rated sleeping bags for as low as 60 Eur. Decent blankets actually start from that value. Also, remember that you can get inside a sleeping bag, this would make it much much warmer then the usual setup.

Last suggestion: you can try wearing (double-layer) wool fingerless gloves. I got a cheap pair which I bought 8 years ago and I always use it in the winter. And of course I use wool socks and a wool hat and a wool scarf. : )

Oh I'm going to light up many candles this winter. : )

• Love
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
The smell could be either dust or the heater itself. If it's dust it should stop smelling after a short while but if it's the heater itself .. you should be careful with it. If you decide to keep this heater maybe you could pad (the inside of) it with (at least medium thickness) aluminium foil (bloody hell where do I get these ideas!?) and if you decide to get a new one then get something which is not made of plastic. I would get a new one though. I would also read the product reviews carefully and from multiple sources before buying it.

Blankets are not as good at keeping warmth as a sleeping bag is and you can get 0 degrees C rated sleeping bags for as low as 60 Eur. Decent blankets actually start from that value. Also, remember that you can get inside a sleeping bag, this would make it much much warmer then the usual setup.

Last suggestion: you can try wearing (double-layer) wool fingerless gloves. I got a cheap pair which I bought 8 years ago and I always use it in the winter. And of course I use wool socks and a wool hat and a wool scarf. : )

Oh I'm going to light up many candles this winter. : )
Damn your writing style is so positive it really helps as well as the suggestions I'll try finding this stuff so I'm not some icecube during winter. I wish humans had like furr or feathers why did evolution made us naked bruh

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Blue Elephant and voyager
voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
Yeah idk but gloves kinda don't really work for me that great. I mean the hands need to be kinda warm for it to work but mine are literally ice
Exactly, lol. On the heater issue, just try not to leave them unattended and if you have something like a solid piece of hard wood to place underneath that is a good idea. Something that can't catch fire or electrify you basically. My brother let the one mentioned before run on the fluffy couch of all things...

Notsogoodidea200

And yes, @therenexuefrbue heating bills, jeez, what assholes. I'm okay with wearing thicker clothes and a nice blanket, am sitting under one now, but the problem is my hands won't function in the cold. So it's harder to do anything then.

Greysky
Winter hasn't even started and already can't imagine six more months of this! 🤬

• Hmph!
Reactions: CloudyNightSky and Blue Elephant