F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
This is why I love this site. I could read and talk about CTB related topics with people who see the world similarly.
I recently got a warning for talking about CTB on a Discord server when I was ranting about CTB.

Does anyone else not plan on CTB anytime soon but probably will someday when you're ready? Is CTB just a part of who you are and/or your life plan? Something you think about when it suits you?

• Love
Reactions: FRUSTRATED MIND, deathxo, dizzdesi and 15 others
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
Suicide is the biggest decision a person can make regardless if they do or don't go through with it. I'm here so I don't feel like a criminal or weird for my desire towards non-existence.

We all have our own reasons but no one is here because they're having the time of their life so to say.

Reactions: LonelyKitten, real human being, du2497 and 13 others
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
This is why I love this site. I could read and talk about CTB related topics with people who see the world similarly.
I recently got a warning for talking about CTB on a Discord server when I was ranting about CTB.

Does anyone else not plan on CTB anytime soon but probably will someday when you're ready? Is CTB just a part of who you are and/or your life plan? Something you think about when it suits you?
I don't plan on ctbing for atleast another 5 years. Though I probably will someday.

Reactions: deathxo
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018

I am, I am not planing on ctb soon but someday just PM me if you need to talk

J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
More likely than not I will CTB rather than wither away at the end. I think having control over this part of your life is very powerful and reassuring.

Reactions: deathxo, trove1080p, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
darknesscomesquick

darknesscomesquick

Not all who wander are lost—trying to find an exit
Sep 19, 2023
I am definitely planning on it. I've lived a life of depression and complex trauma. Trying to do that for any length of time is completely exhausting.

I've told people along the way that I view my mental "health" as a terminal illness. If it were an illness they could see such as cancer or even dementia of any type, suicide would be seen as heroic and justified. Fighting to get out of bed every day and try to hold a job and be productive isn't seen in the same light I'm finding.

I don't have a date yet. Right now, it's very comforting to be able to talk about it and feel like it's ok to have these thoughts and plans for the future, no matter how close or far those future plans may be.

Reactions: du2497, sash, Darknessallaround and 4 others
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
I want to CTB in maybe 10-15 years from now. It just really depends on my sense of accomplishment and how the world will be changing. Maybe I'll do it earlier, maybe even later.

CTB is my ultimate goal, my last plan to exit, my "off' button when I finally start feeling like there are no more things worth living for. I would do it now, as I'm not scared of dying, but it's not worth hurrying. The bus will always be there for me when I need it lol.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and peace_van
DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Traversing the grid of death
Sep 20, 2023
I truly wish I had found this place earlier. This site is an oasis in the endless desert that is society's rigid demonization of any worldview that isn't smiles and handshakes. The date I've set is coming up and the only sad part about it is that I couldn't have spent more time on this forum. I've been forced into a corner of my own design which I don't care to fight out of, but I have no words for how grateful I am to have found this place by bizarre chance. Lurking here for the past month has been more healing and comforting than any inane conversation IRL, trying to convince me that life is some gift, and I'm the villain for daring to have a differing outlook to the irrefutable and exalted word of the powers that be.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: DeepCD, LonelyKitten, real human being and 8 others
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
I wouldn't consider cbting if my life wasn't so bad. It's not a jolly topic for me at all or in general, although I suppose it's because I wish everyone could have a fulfilling enough life. To me sites like this are a just a necessity as people should have the resources for a rational CBT. Not to be rude, but I find it hard to take people seriously who see CBT as this casual thing and not something they desperately want and how consequential it is.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and prezmyl
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
I attempted to ctb on august 28th and when I came back, people were happy I survived.

I am holding off on ctb. When I initially failed, I was plotting on discharging three days in and attempting again when I got out. Those three days gave me a pause button though. I realized that no one thought I was a burden, and that me dying would be a bigger burden than being stressed all the time. That no one was mad at me for failing my attempt proved to me that my reasonings for CTB were wrong.

I'm waiting to have valid reasons to CTB. Will I ever? Time will tell. If I cannot cope with my depression it will be inevitable, but I've decided to try to before giving up.

I stay here because I can be honest unlike most communities.

• Love
Reactions: LonelyKitten, real human being, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case suicide is all that makes sense to me, and will always feel like the only rational thing to wish for in this dreadful existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer. But sadly I'm still stuck here because suicide is so difficult and inaccessible to me.
If suicide actually is straightforward it would be such a relief but unfortunately we exist in a society where having access to reliable suicide methods is a privilege not a right.

• Love
Reactions: oiopb, trove1080p and Praestat_Mori
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I am definitely planning on it. I've lived a life of depression and complex trauma. Trying to do that for any length of time is completely exhausting.

I've told people along the way that I view my mental "health" as a terminal illness. If it were an illness they could see such as cancer or even dementia of any type, suicide would be seen as heroic and justified. Fighting to get out of bed every day and try to hold a job and be productive isn't seen in the same light I'm finding.

I don't have a date yet. Right now, it's very comforting to be able to talk about it and feel like it's ok to have these thoughts and plans for the future, no matter how close or far those future plans may be.
My sentiments too.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
My current life circumstances make me suicidal and I'm having an active plan. Sometimes there's still some hope and still people are around who wouldn't survive me CTB. In the meantime SS is a great place to share similar thoughts with like minded people, to vent, to discuss other stuff, all without being judged.

Reactions: Moburin 29, TheGoodGuy, DeadlineDialer and 1 other person
T

Tulip<3

Student
Aug 16, 2023

Me too, I am looking for my situation to hopefully get better (aka actual pain management/decent management of my disease) but if I can't find those things and I stay in this much pain, I will likely CTB. It's like there in the background if that makes sense.

I get you, and it's crazy how heavily suicide is censored all over the place. If people are actually serious about preventing suicides we would actually be able to talk openly about it, not have it shut down!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Moburin 29, DeadlineDialer and Praestat_Mori
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I had no choice about when and whether I entered the world, but I would like to choose my time & manner of exit. We give our household pets that level of compassion and dignity.

I would rather not feel compelled to kill myself any time soon, but it is important to me that I have an option.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Aim, LonelyKitten, DeadlineDialer and 1 other person
Is0lated

Is0lated

2024/2025 Livestream
May 29, 2023

Back then I rushed ctb and failed. But now I've decided that I should wait for about 2 years or maybe even 4. I know that's a lot but I gotta prepare for every possibility.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
Better here than irl lol. Besides, where else am I going to get detailed CTB tips

T

thot88

Student
Apr 11, 2023
This site is not the cause but the symptom. You don't need the internet to commit suicide. Suicides have been committed thousands of years before the internet. Even if this site were to crash, the discussion would only flow to other sites

D

Darknessallaround

Nov 16, 2019
I joined 4 years ago after having 2 failed attempts. I'm still here.
I don't post much, prefering to just read the content here most of the time. But often, just reading other posts from likeminded people is enough to get me through another day.
I see the option to ctb is a safety-net, albeit an ironic one. Knowing that if things get too unbearable, I can if I choose to. That in itself is liberating, and in some ways life-saving, because it reminds me that whilst that choice is there, maybe I can hold on for a while longer.

Reactions: Cloud Busting, Lookoutbelow and Praestat_Mori
binks23

binks23

Oct 23, 2023
While my life is currently not one that would make me attempt ctb, I absolutely will when my physical quality of life decreases drastically. This will either be from old age, chronic illness, or from a serious injury affecting me in the long run

LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
I find this place really compassionate and accepting of suicidality, which is something I NEVER found in my real life.
I so so wish I had found this website sooner before I fucked up my life to a point where ctb might have become inevitable - where I'm so desperate, where my head is spinning so quickly, there is so little time, so little option, that I'm still struggling, despite seeking as much as I can handle, for there to be an alternative...

Because this place.
This level of understanding exists out in the world.
And this level of realism with regards to ctb - no guilting or threatening, "you would hurt x and y or think of z/we'll have you locked up"
I really just needed those honest and compassionate, and down-to-earth conversations about ctb, when I was at my lowest points.
That, ironically, could have prevented, or mitigated, the self-harm I kept engaging in.

Regardless of how things pan out, this community also provides ample resources to avoid a messy or dangerous ctb, if it still comes to that. So no matter what, it's great help, more than I'd ever found in any, say, mental health service or the like.
Thank you :heart: